1.    #1  
    Anybody see the article in the latest WIRED magazine (the one with Rem Koolhaus on the cover)? It has an little article about Bushmen using PDAs to mark where they have found game spoor for a research program. The picture shows a Bushman using a Blue Visor Deluxe with a GPS module.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
  2.    #2  
    Here's a link for that, they finally put it up on their website - Bushmen with Visors
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    ALLRIGHT!!!! Handspring found a market!
    "Stupid Handspring."
    Originally posted by MIKE STH
    ALLRIGHT!!!! Handspring found a market!
    Handspring had a market. They didn't lose it. They abandoned it.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Toby
    Handspring had a market. They didn't lose it. They abandoned it.
    I'm afraid you're right. I don't plan on replacing my Prism with any of their current offerings.

I am interested to see what second tier uses people come up with for these "outdated" PDAs.

Who knows, the Visor Deluxe/Prism could be the next Newton.
    Re: Bushmen with Visors - very, very cool. Think about it for a bit. That really IS revolutionary. Now imagine all the people, places, and ways that we aren't hearing about. This kind of stuff is the giant leap we are sitting in the middle of, so we can't see it. But even just a glimpse like this article/photo gives a hint of the size of the big picture.

Re: "outdated Visors" - still getting lots of good feedback on the article. Most people still don't know. Neos are definitely not outdated, they just haven't had much visibility. And I'm still thrilled with mine.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by alight

Re: "outdated Visors" - still getting lots of good feedback on the article. Most people still don't know. Neos are definitely not outdated, they just haven't had much visibility. And I'm still thrilled with mine.
    Don't get me wrong either. I still enjoy my Prism. I don't require anything newer to replace it. My "outdated" remark was sarcastic. It is frustrating to know that so much of the market for things like PDAs is not actually usefulness, but flash and sizzle.
    Originally posted by BobbyMike

It is frustrating to know that so much of the market for things like PDAs is not actually usefulness, but flash and sizzle.
    I couldn't agree with you more. In fact, Flash 'n' Sizzle not only sounds like a great name, but, unfortunately, people would probably gobble them up.

I think it has Sony's name on it. It has that kind of vacant, entertainment-only kind of sound to it that is such a good match for Sony. Although, what can you expect from a TV manufacturer. They are who they are.

However, Palm is turning out to be a real disappointment. The first Zire showed their true colors and the second Zire just adds insult to injury. I really doubt Bushmen will be able to find any way to use those things.

Guess I'm letting a little sarcasm fly also. Sorry 'bout that because I'm a died in the wool Neo fan and that's the name of that tune.