View Poll Results: Should we let the UN into Iraq?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Weapons inspectors, reconstruction, the whole shebang

7 58.33%
  • Sorta: Weapons inspectors but not government or reconstruction

2 16.67%
  • Kinda: No weapons inspectors, but they can help with everything else

0 0%
  • No: We can find the WMDs, we can form the Gov't

3 25.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Originally posted by ToolkiT
    Hey BobbyMike,
    Is your new avantar a reconstruction of Yoricks face based on the skull?
    No, just a character I'm working on. Yorick is meaner looking....
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    1) Mocking me?! MOCKING ME??!! Why you skinless neophyte calcium deposit bowling ball wanna be of a knicker bocking post hole digging animated gif!! How dare you mock me!!
    neophyte?

3) At least you knew the scripture well enough to quote it, and you did capitalize Bible.
    well, actually *sheepish grin* I had to google to get the exact phrase ... I only remember it from movies and stuff.

5) You want to borrow a Bible?
    laws no. I'm non-religious. Besides I have about a hundred books in my own collection I haven't read. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find an online transcript. I found the online complete text of Shakespeare easily enough, way back when.
    thanks tho!

aside: considering my 'rents ran a motel in the 70's and 80's you'd think I'd have read the Bible at some point. Some guy named Gideon put one in every room.

on *that* note, why is there a Bible in every hotel and motel room? Why not the Koran or the Torah or the teachings of Buddha? Why not a copy of the Vampyr, or Tobin's Spirit Guide? War and Peace? Tom Sawyer? The Essential Spider-Man?
    No, just a character I'm working on. Yorick is meaner looking....
    but I'm a jester ... maaaan .....
    Originally posted by Yorick

on *that* note, why is there a Bible in every hotel and motel room? Why not the Koran or the Torah or the teachings of Buddha? Why not a copy of the Vampyr, or Tobin's Spirit Guide? War and Peace? Tom Sawyer? The Essential Spider-Man?
    Um because some group (The Gideons) put up their own money to do it.

You would think some Islamic, Jewish, or vampiric group would do the same.

If you wanted to start a group (The Yoricks?) to put Spiderman in every hotel, motel, Holiday Inn (I'm dating myself ) I would give a donation.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by Yorick

but I'm a jester ... maaaan .....
    But when you do have eyes they are so beady!
  6.    #86  
    You would think some Islamic, Jewish, or vampiric group would do the same.

In Korea & Japan there are "teachings of the buddha" next to the gideon's.

(I'm dating myself )
    huh. I would have guessed that your religious beliefs prohibited that.
    Originally posted by septimus
    huh. I would have guessed that your religious beliefs prohibited that.
    No, they'll let him date himself. He just can't 'abuse' himself.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Now *that* was funny!!
    Originally posted by septimus

huh. I would have guessed that your religious beliefs prohibited that. [/B]
    Courtship is very important before you make such a serious commitment. I've been seeing myself for over 40 years and I've been a perfect gentlemen at all times, thank you very much.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345