Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    I don't know what its called, its this thing where as one scrolls on a page there is a banner with the logo or whatever they want to always be at the top that just appears and covers up a good portion of the text.

When I use the mobilizer patch it works good but for this thing inviting me to save to instaper, thus making the reader friendly format practically unreadable. Luckily I discovered that if I hit the reload button it goes away. Now just today I visited spotify website for the first time from my phone and there it is again. I just wanted to scream.

I know those coding guys need something to do but it needs to stop. Hopefully this does not show up on too many mobil sites I visit, especially Chase.

Little rant, I feel better now, probly should email them

Edit: or maybe its just the way webos browser handles the code
    Last edited by laingman; 02/11/2015 at 11:53 PM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I don't know what its called, its this thing where as one scrolls on a page there is a banner with the logo or whatever they want to always be at the top that just appears and covers up a good portion of the text.

Edit: or maybe its just the way webos browser handles the code
    Sounds like position:fixed in the css-style (it positions an element relative to the window not the content). This works fine on most browsers (even mobile browsers), and shouldn't be a problem when the design is right. However, from a content-first perspective this floating header/footer will waste valuable screen-real-estate, and is for mobile devices a huge waste and in almost all cases bad design.

As for webOS, the browser handles these fixed-elements quite slow, so they are first scrolled together with the rest of the page, and then put back on the fixed position again. This makes them even more annoying than usual.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Sounds like position:fixed in the css-style (it positions an element relative to the window not the content). This works fine on most browsers (even mobile browsers), and shouldn't be a problem when the design is right. However, from a content-first perspective this floating header/footer will waste valuable screen-real-estate, and is for mobile devices a huge waste and in almost all cases bad design.

As for webOS, the browser handles these fixed-elements quite slow, so they are first scrolled together with the rest of the page, and then put back on the fixed position again. This makes them even more annoying than usual.
    Yes, I suspected that it could be the webos browser being slow to render that thing, but it still sucks. Even on a desktop browser it is bad news for those of us who like to scroll page up/page down
    I wonder if this is what Bank Of America started doing with their sign-in button that scrolls off the bottom of the page making it impossible to log in. :cuss:
    laingman likes this.