1.    #1  
    I'm going to need to use my laptop away from a power source for several hours (past the battery life) a day for the next few weeks, looking for an inverter. What's the minimum I'd need to charge my Lenovo T61? Looking for something economical, I'm looking at Harbor Freight who has them for $20-$400.
    Thanks
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Laptop power supplies don't need a ton of power to work and the range is all over the place from 65w to over 150w. Look at the input power requirements on your laptop power supply and multiple input volts x amps to get watts. I recommend an inverter at least twice that capacity for cushion. I wouldn't skimp and risk damaging the power supply or laptop.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Laptop power supplies don't need a ton of power to work and the range is all over the place from 65w to over 150w. Look at the input power requirements on your laptop power supply and multiple input volts x amps to get watts. I recommend an inverter at least twice that capacity for cushion. I wouldn't skimp and risk damaging the power supply or laptop.
    My T61 adapter says 65w. HF sells 80w and 200w inverters. I'll look around for others, the 200w is only $22, but it has to attach to the battery directly with alligator clips, kinda awkward.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I'm surprised to hear that - mine always came with two cables: one for the 12v power port/cigarette lighter and one with clips to clip on the battery. I'd bet you could find something good on amazon.com and get it in two days.