Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    I've got a dozen pages of scanned inventory printouts I need to import into Excel or Word, trying to find a free OCR software, even a trial will do, to take these pages of pdf and import them without having to manually type it all.
    Windows 7
    TIA
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    SolidConverter or ABBYY FineReader?

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    SolidConverter or ABBYY FineReader?

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    ABBYY looks good, giving it a try now.....
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    TOCR Download Today | Transym Computer Services This works OK for me. hmmm the free trial is limited to 50 pages. It seems I'm still on version 2! But that is unlimited. I see they offer version 3.3 which I'm now downloading...
  5.    #5  
    ABBYY worked just as I needed, but it only let me save 3 pages at a time in the trial. I need to figure out how to combine workbooks in Excel 2007, but otherwise exactly what I needed!
    Thanks again forum members!
    You can actually do this for free with Google Docs.

Here's a writeup I've used in the past (with a couple of other suggestions for solutions: The 3 Best Free OCR Tools To Convert Your Files Back Into Editable Documents
    Remy X likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You can actually do this for free with Google Docs.

Here's a writeup I've used in the past (with a couple of other suggestions for solutions: The 3 Best Free OCR Tools To Convert Your Files Back Into Editable Documents
    Good to have for future use after the ABBYY trial expires!