Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By eTreo
  1.    #1  
    I just noticed that I passed my ten year anniversary of being a member of this site and its predecessors last month and I didn't even post anything to brag about it :-)

Frequent visitor, occasional poster, and forever loyal fan! This site has provided me with ten years of entertainment, grief counseling, and invaluable technical support. I can't even count the number of tips, help, and guidance I've received through those ten years on multiple devices from so many talented and generous folks.

I am consistently amazed at how folks dedicate their time and energy to quickly jump on problems as they arise. I never have to feel like I'm alone in addressing them. It's like having my own private geniuses right at my fingertips.

So, I hope all of you will please accept my heartfelt thanks for those ten years, and I hope that you all will continue to hang around. I'm not going anywhere and will stay here till they turn the lights out!
    Wow! Congrats and thanks for the support for Mobile Nations! We don't plan on turning out the lights here for some time yet
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I just noticed that I passed my ten year anniversary of being a member of this site and its predecessors last month and I didn't even post anything to brag about it :-)

Frequent visitor, occasional poster, and forever loyal fan! This site has provided me with ten years of entertainment, grief counseling, and invaluable technical support. I can't even count the number of tips, help, and guidance I've received through those ten years on multiple devices from so many talented and generous folks.

I am consistently amazed at how folks dedicate their time and energy to quickly jump on problems as they arise. I never have to feel like I'm alone in addressing them. It's like having my own private geniuses right at my fingertips.

So, I hope all of you will please accept my heartfelt thanks for those ten years, and I hope that you all will continue to hang around. I'm not going anywhere and will stay here till they turn the lights out!
    Well congrats on the anniversary and that you even remember the date. I dont remember the date, but I remember the day very well. I had a samsung i something kinda flip phone that ran palm os with some kinda way to input text, it's all blurry now. But I was talking to a girl at sprint and complaining about the text entry method and she said I enjoy my treo why dont you get one of those. I never heard of a treo before so I went to the store and asked the guy, he went in the back and came out with this thing and when I saw the keys lit up with that glorious white light I was in love.

It was a treo 650,my all-time favorite keyboard. It cost over $400 dollars and I didnt care. To this day brightness unlinked is one my my favorite apps because it keeps my keyboard lit up at 100% and reminds me so much of that day. After that I had a 755p I think it was (my least favorite, locked up a lot) a centro which was a work horse. Loved that ptunes with the equalizer and the speakers were way better than the pre and pre2.

And then the iphone came out. and no word from palm, I stumbled upon engadget while looking for some news and red Josh's letter to palm and that they actually acknowledged his letter. so I started following engadget and one day I saw some news. It was like the scene in gbu and the music they played for the runaway wagon when they first found out about the gold, just knew something special was going to happen.

So I did my six months waiting for launch day reading every article I could find. When the day came I went to best buy and there was a line and sold out, then I tried radio shack and there it was, the shiniest phone I have ever seen, and I remember thinking it was much smaller than I thought, Of course I was hooked on webos and the touchstone ($70 dollars for my first one) and the mirror, and never looked back.

I have a frankepre now, the camera and flashlight dont work anymore, but I have no thoughts of switching to anything else. So like you I will be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Well congrats on the anniversary and that you even remember the date. I dont remember the date, but I remember the day very well....
    June 20, 2009
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Congrats, I'm a few years behind you. Joined TreoCentral in 8/2007 right after I got my first Treo, the 270. Somehow I think it's wrong since I seem to remember getting it before 2007.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad