1.    #1  
    I bought 2 songs through iTunes today, only because I cannot get them anywhere else, I transfered them to my Pre3 through WiFi Media Sync, the album art doesn't appear. When I look at the MP3's I converted using iTunes in MP3Tag, the art is there, why isn't in showing in Music Remix or the stock music player?
    TIA!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    If you transferred the original m4a files directly without modifying them, the artwork should show. Not sure what would cause it to fail. I just transferred a recent itunes purchase (Mandatory Fun by Weird Al - buy it! ) to confirm it was fine, because I usually can't remember what I bought where, and it displays fine on my Pre˛. The media indexer is not in a happy state on my Preł right now, so I can't do anything with it until I find the problem image or song.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If you transferred the original m4a files directly without modifying them, the artwork should show. Not sure what would cause it to fail. I just transferred a recent itunes purchase (Mandatory Fun by Weird Al - buy it! ) to confirm it was fine, because I usually can't remember what I bought where, and it displays fine on my Pre˛. The media indexer is not in a happy state on my Preł right now, so I can't do anything with it until I find the problem image or song.

That worked, I just assumed the Pre3 couldn't play iTunes natively! It took a reboot before they showed, but they work now.
    My TouchPad media indexer isn't happy either, nothing I add shows up and many pictures are missing. Is it possibly caused by a bad image?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    That worked, I just assumed the Pre3 couldn't play iTunes natively! It took a reboot before they showed, but they work now.
    My TouchPad media indexer isn't happy either, nothing I add shows up and many pictures are missing. Is it possibly caused by a bad image?
    Yeah mp4 audio is a supported audio format on all webOS devices - as long as it'ls not protected like old iTunes purchases with m4p extensions.

I think images are usually the culprit. The indexer also handles audio and video, so in theory it could be one of those types also. I think my Pre3 was doing the same thing back when windows was prompting me to scan and fix errors every time I plugged it in, but it's not doing that lately. I haven't read one of the media indexer threads in a long time, so I can't remember if there have been other culprits identified.

5.    #5  
    Maybe I will pull all the pictures off the TouchPad then and see what happens. It thinks the stock Wallpaper folder is empty and asks if I want to delete it. The media indexer refresh doesn't work and John Steffes removing the .photosApp with novaterm hasn't worked either. I'm avoiding doctoring as I have LunaCE, apps that are no longer in the catalog, ACL and CM 11 installed. Too much work to put it all back.....