Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By MudShark22
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE for future readers who stumble in here: dolphin browser has side loading menus from left and right edges. There's no indication of this, but swipe in from the edge to activate them. History is the left side. I was lucky to find them.


    I want to smash this tablet so badly right now.

    I just spent 4 hours attempting to make flash work in Firefox. All over the web are people saying it can be done with an older version of flash. I call b.s. on this.

    People say it works with Aurora, they say it works with beta, they say it works with any release after 27.
    NO IT DOES NOT.

    It only works so far with Dolphin. And that browser is horrible. I can't even find a back button! No history button either? Wth kind of browser doesn't have means to navigate forward and back through your history?? Shouldn't that be the most intuitive piece of a browser?

    Ugh I'm so angry right now.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/10/2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Clarifying
    kayphoonstar likes this.
  2. #2  
    Yup... that OS is a mess. It simply amazes me having to deal with the die-hard Android apoligists who think it is the greatest OS ever made....yet they have never used another OS to compare it to realize how clunky it truly is. <sigh>

    As for the history in the browsers.... generally, as with Firefox, you have to click in the address bar, which will give you a screen showing your bookmarks and where you can swipe right to left for the tab with your history.
    boovish likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yup... that OS is a mess. It simply amazes me having to deal with the die-hard Android apoligists who think it is the greatest OS ever made....yet they have never used another OS to compare it to realize how clunky it truly is. <sigh>

    As for the history in the browsers.... generally, as with Firefox, you have to click in the address bar, which will give you a screen showing your bookmarks and where you can swipe right to left for the tab with your history.
    Firefox has a big back arrow next to the address bar. Hold it for a list of history.
    Chrome has a back, forward, and x button next to the address bar.
    But Dolphin has their add bookmark plus sign button there. I can't find any back or history button. I don't get it.

    But the flash works perfectly in it, so why not FF?? and i just cannot figure out how to do what these people are reporting is possible, to run the older version of flash in Firefox. I'm giving up for now.

    We'll see if anyone answers my post in android central. Not happy with that site either. Don't know why they had to move their login button away from the top right corner the way ours and every other mobile nations site is! They have a stupid little head icon that prompts a side bar menu to log in or sign up. But if that menu does not pop out as intended, you pore over the page wondering how to log in!!! And wondering why is not just automatically recognizing my passport from here.

    Ugh everything sucks. Like this swype. The word is ducks, sucked, sucked, sucks! Wow, 4th attempt.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Firefox has a big back arrow next to the address bar. Hold it for a list of history.
    Chrome has a back, forward, and x button next to the address bar.
    But Dolphin has their add bookmark plus sign button there. I can't find any back or history button. I don't get it.

    But the flash works perfectly in it, so why not FF?? and i just cannot figure out how to do what these people are reporting is possible, to run the older version of flash in Firefox. I'm giving up for now.

    We'll see if anyone answers my post in android central. Not happy with that site either. Don't know why they had to move their login button away from the top right corner the way ours and every other mobile nations site is! They have a stupid little head icon that prompts a side bar menu to log in or sign up. But if that menu does not pop out as intended, you pore over the page wondering how to log in!!! And wondering why is not just automatically recognizing my passport from here.

    Ugh everything sucks. Like this swype. The word is ducks, sucked, sucked, sucks! Wow, 4th attempt.
    I don't know much about FF on Android tablets, but I do know that FF (at least on Windows, though I would expect it would be common to their core codebase) changed their plugin architecture a few releases back. It could be that the older Flash plugin you are using is not compatible with the current FF plugin support.
  5. #5  
    i know the "back/forward" buttons on Dolphin Mini at least are available as brief onscreen green circular button bott/left, tapping the screen makes them appear for a brief time.

    also i cant find history so in the end i just made a custom gesture and linked it to history.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I gave up. I'll keep dolphin as a back up and just stick to watching video on the TP. I wish that thing wasn't so heavy, and had swipe.
  7. #7  
    As a webOS supporter, I have a TP dual boot stock 3.0.5 and shumash android kang; as well as one running LunaCE 4.9.10.

    I do find that I switch between them dependent on what I am doing.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Rnp likes this.
  8. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #8  
    In dolphin on my CM11 it is as suggested by HelloNNNewman. Touch the left side of the address bar and you have access to History, Bookmarks and Most visited. And yes, Flash works if Jetpack is installed (and turned on).
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    In dolphin on my CM11 it is as suggested by HelloNNNewman. Touch the left side of the address bar and you have access to History, Bookmarks and Most visited. And yes, Flash works if Jetpack is installed (and turned on).
    Aha!

    No it's not on the address bar here, but i have found it.

    There's a hidden menu bar if you swipe in from the left edge of the screen!

    Would have been really nice to make some kind of visual demo of that when first launched.

    Another UI that wants to be intuitive but isn't. Because if it was i would have been able to figure it out on my own.

    I tapped, long tapped, etc all over the place. Whatever. Thanks for the support everyone!
  10. #10  
    That's the bad thing about gestures - some are not easily discovered without help. The back gesture on webOS is like that - if you picked up a device in the store (back in the day) and therefore didn't see the tutorial, you had no idea about it. That was my first experience with a Pre in 2009.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That's the bad thing about gestures - some are not easily discovered without help. The back gesture on webOS is like that - if you picked up a device in the store (back in the day) and therefore didn't see the tutorial, you had no idea about it. That was my first experience with a Pre in 2009.
    Yeah i remember that first day too. Standing in the sprint store, feels like yesterday.

    Aww, memmmmmmorieeeeeez....haha

    Outlook cert ipk installed right from the forum link using internalz. Easy peasy. Thanks again for still being here!!!
  12. #12  
    I've tried using android on phone on and off, but I can seem to stick with it. They have so many missed opportunities in the UI, I have been able to stick with an iPhone or WP8 device for longer, because they smoother, and more intuitive, but neither of them seem to be able to get to webOS' level.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  13. mmgquiet's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #13  
    Try Boat Browser. IMO the best browser for Android (and flash support)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...browser.tablet

    Just started using Opera also. Not bad so far and probably the fastest browser I've tested yet.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....browser&hl=en
  14. namgod's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #14  
    I've had no trouble running Flash in the CM9 (ICS) stock Android browser. But if you don't want to worry about installing Flash I recommend the Puffin browser. It cost money but it's worth it. I believe it sets up a private network pipe and builds the pages on their own servers and then serves it up to your phone or tablet. Using this method Puffin provide the latest Flash version which will never be available on any mobile platform (until Adobe changes their mind.) It also tests as one of the fastest mobile browsers.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge

Similar Threads

  1. Absolutely Frustrated...
    By tedthebassist in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10/25/2010, 07:47 PM
  2. So who absolutely loves his Pre again?
    By QuarlesLT in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12/29/2009, 11:10 AM
  3. I'm having absolutely no luck with this!
    By ThatGuitarGuy in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06/01/2006, 09:56 AM
  4. Absolutely no luck
    By Snowracer in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10/06/2003, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions