1.    #1  
    My neighbor was getting rid of an 18 volt Dewalt cordless drill and charger, no battery, no idea if it works or not. Rather than spending the $100 or so to buy a new battery, is there a way to test it? Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry the batteries in the store, the display models are different, so I can't just use theirs to test the drill. My contractor buddies don't have anything Dewalt in 18 volt.
    TIA
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I wouldn't even bother with buying it myself. I was in a similar situation a few years ago with a Makita. By the time I spent $ on another battery, there were less expensive drills with better features available.

Seriously... do some shopping and you will see that even if you want to stay with the Dewalt brand you can find brand new 18v drills for under $100, or full drill sets for just a few bucks more.
    Yup....unfortunately cordless drills and batteries are kind of like low end printers and printer ink. As wasteful as it seems, you can almost get a new printer and ink for the same or less than just new ink for an existing printer...
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    Yup....unfortunately cordless drills and batteries are kind of like low end printers and printer ink. As wasteful as it seems, you can almost get a new printer and ink for the same or less than just new ink for an existing printer...
    perfect analogy
  5.    #5  
    Wow, I assumed they were worth more than that! Not worth messing with then.
    Thanks
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.