Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By veyron431
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  • 1 Post By joeytino
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    I was bored, and was looking at the statistics of all the Mobile Nations forums. Crackberry has almost 1 Billion posts. Dag Bro. We only have 3 million, which lands us in third.

Carckberry:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 7.45.50 PM.png

Android Central:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 7.45.11 PM.png

webOS Nation:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 7.47.04 PM.png

iMore and WP Central are basically tied:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 7.42.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 7.46.19 PM.png

And little baby Connectedly:
    Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 7.46.44 PM.png
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Great find. I'm somewhat surprised though. WPCentral seemed to me to be a very active forum.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    Your numbers are a little off, CB is coming up on 10 Million posts, BUT you are correct we are in the lead, and you guys are in 3rd, BUT it's all about growth! And in that department the numbers are a little different. HOWEVER CB is still doing pretty good in that department too, but I think AC may have us beat there.

I highly doubt WebOS is doing ANY growth these days, the 3.5 million is from the past. It's sad because Palm was a great OS. I'm an original handspring Visor owner, and I have owned many palm products over the years.
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
    Yep.. we were booming until the Aptholypse. I was worried that Blackberry was heading in that direction for a while, but knew they had 50 times the resources that Palm had when they were pushing to through. Glad to see CB doing well, but the sad fate for this site (TreoCentral to PreCentral to webOS Nation) is that we will watch our position slowly slide down that chart until eventually... even Connectedly passes us.

I look at this site as being like a Mopar enthusiast site. Mopar may not be top of the current muscle car sales list any longer. But it is a classic car that still has a HUGE fan base and can kick the crap out of many. It was amazing when they came out, but they didn't realize their cult status until it was too late. But people still keep building them and tuning them - and they are still some of the nicest rides out there. Sounds like a pretty familiar story? LOL

The cool part of the story for Mopar is that the Manufacturer listened to the fan base, and listened to their designers, and went back to the muscle-car (Mopar) roots for the new lineups. Just look at the 71 Dodge Challenger compared to new Challengers! Proof that sometimes old favorites do come back around with new technology under the hoods.

And since I got myself off on a Mopar rant My first car was a '71 Dodge Demon 340. The guy in the video below is showing off a car exactly like my first, except in a different color. <sigh> I miss that car.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR8rDd1yEro[/yt]
    hulickr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Your numbers are a little off, CB is coming up on 10 Million posts, BUT you are correct we are in the lead, and you guys are in 3rd, BUT it's all about growth! And in that department the numbers are a little different. HOWEVER CB is still doing pretty good in that department too, but I think AC may have us beat there.

I highly doubt WebOS is doing ANY growth these days, the 3.5 million is from the past. It's sad because Palm was a great OS. I'm an original handspring Visor owner, and I have owned many palm products over the years.
    What about the 1 million new webOS users in the last 3 months?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yep.. we were booming until the Aptholypse. I was worried that Blackberry was heading in that direction for a while, but knew they had 50 times the resources that Palm had when they were pushing to through. Glad to see CB doing well, but the sad fate for this site (TreoCentral to PreCentral to webOS Nation) is that we will watch our position slowly slide down that chart until eventually... even Connectedly passes us.

I look at this site as being like a Mopar enthusiast site. Mopar may not be top of the current muscle car sales list any longer. But it is a classic car that still has a HUGE fan base and can kick the crap out of many. It was amazing when they came out, but they didn't realize their cult status until it was too late. But people still keep building them and tuning them - and they are still some of the nicest rides out there. Sounds like a pretty familiar story? LOL

The cool part of the story for Mopar is that the Manufacturer listened to the fan base, and listened to their designers, and went back to the muscle-car (Mopar) roots for the new lineups. Just look at the 71 Dodge Challenger compared to new Challengers! Proof that sometimes old favorites do come back around with new technology under the hoods.

And since I got myself off on a Mopar rant My first car was a '71 Dodge Demon 340. The guy in the video below is showing off a car exactly like my first, except in a different color. <sigh> I miss that car.

I actually think that we are a lot like Saab. Apart from the fact that we went down at approximately the same time, Palm began as a small, extremely innovative brand like saab who both often struggled for resources. Finally, both companies upon the brink of bankruptcy, are swallowed by two large and soulless companies, GM and HP respectively. Then, after both large companies hit a bit of financial strife, they close down the smaller companies that they had bought and are sold for scraps. Now, both Saab and Palm are operating as mere shadows of their former selves, where Saab is making 10 cars a week under a Chinese company and Palm is now making TV software.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    What about the 1 million new webOS users in the last 3 months?
    They will hopefully go to Connectedly, we have a Great Home Entertainment section. I just started a cool topic on this.....

LG's WebOS TV's Hit 1 Million Sales Mark! - Connectedly Forum
    Well... we're still going to hopefully keep webOS enthusiasts coming here for discussions. Connectedly is great, but it's got a lot of uninformed people when it comes ot this OS and besides... this is the enthusiast site and we aren't dead yet.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/02/2014 at 10:22 AM.
    Hey I'm still here! I hear ya. We should get James to add a WebOS TV section if he has not already.

EDIT: And I see he has!!!!!

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-tv/

I added that link to my connectedly thread also.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06/02/2014 at 12:22 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
    All it would take is LG to start cranking out WebOS phones and perhaps we could be released from this double secret probation and return to the banner heading again.

I'm somewhat surprised though that NOTHING on the WebOS TV front had enough weight for at least a small article on here. The Verge and Pivot seemed to have taken over that charge.
    boovish likes this.
    Sounds good to me!
    I didn't notice the forums here were active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    I didn't notice the forums here were active

maybe we arent as noticed now we arent on the list of suspects at the top of the mobile nations header/menu.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Yeah :/

15.    #15  
    Well surely some of us here would be willing to be fired, and secretly tell us LG's secret plans for their super secret webOS toaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Well surely some of us here would be willing to be fired, and secretly tell us LG's secret plans for their super secret webOS toaster.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec#t=71[/yt]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/12/2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    boovish likes this.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    omg i love red dwarf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    A few of us still lurk about. 2 of my 3 touchpad a are still rocking WebOS.