1.    #1  
    Amazon's free app of the day recently was Audubon Mammals, one of the apps they didn't make for webOS and one of the main reasons I paid for ACL during their kickstarter. It's not yet available in OpenMall (I've requested it).
    When I tried to download the app on my TouchPad I was told it wasn't compatible, but the details says it works on Android 2.1 or higher. I've downloaded it on a second TouchPad with CM installed, but can't extract the apk-it's not in data/app. I've tried several backup apps and extracted an apk, but it doesn't seem to install correctly, only being 4MB when the downloaded file is around 20MB.
    Does android temporarily save a file during download, then delete once installed like webOS?
    Trying to get this app!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody? We can't change the build.prop file so ACL appears as compatible or figure out how to extract this apk?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Well you can extract it from the Play store using Evozi APK Downloadee but I doubt that works for Amazon :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Well you can extract it from the Play store using Evozi APK Downloadee but I doubt that works for Amazon :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Nope, tried that too, Evozi only works with Google Play apps, since this isn't free in Google Play, it won't work.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I use ES File Explorer to backup APK's to use in my ACL. Not sure if this works with paid apps or not, but I do have both devices registered on Play with the same credentials etc. and haven't had any not work.

Actually, it does accept paid apps. I tried the current Swiftkey on it and it loads up - but it does cut off the bottom of the bottom row of buttons.
    Last edited by MikeN68; 05/02/2014 at 07:56 AM.