Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Now here's another post
    And this is a thread post with square brackets in it. Here they are, opened and closed [...] and then some more text
    And finally a reply to a post with square brackets in it, just to make eure

Edit: now that is reallly weird. Apart from the square brackets not displayed everything else is fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    And this is a thread post with square brackets in it. Here they are, opened and closed [...] and then some more text
    Final test... sqare brackets in the quoted text...
    ... and a reply

Edit: again, all fine except the missing square brackets. Must be something about the other forum then, I guess.
    Last edited by DocJones; 02/24/2014 at 10:48 AM.
  6.    #26  
    Well, one thing about Tapatalk - the plugin is unique for every supported type of forum, and they all have their quirks (and bugs!) Do you know what type of forum it is or can you provide the URL?
  7.    #27  
    Quote in quote... and this is a reply
    How did you post that? I assume it was from the website, since the quote function in the plugin only returns the top-level post and no nested quotes inside that. (confirmed in the logs)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/24/2014 at 12:10 PM.
  8.    #28  
    Final test... sqare brackets in the quoted text...
    I double-checked the square brackets - they are being received by the app, but are getting sanitized out before the content is rendered. That can probably be fixed, but I have to be careful not to clobber anything else.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/25/2014 at 10:19 AM.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well, one thing about Tapatalk - the plugin is unique for every supported type of forum, and they all have their quirks (and bugs!) Do you know what type of forum it is or can you provide the URL?
    Something I didn't mention here, that applies to what I've been working on - adding attachments. I struggled with this because the documentation is awful and there are no examples. I finally got it working (jpg images only), but so far I've only gotten it to work on phpBB and Xenforo forums (and then only once per session...) It doesn't work on vBulletin, which is what Mobile Nations uses, and is a very popular forum platform.
    Matt, thanks for offering your help. I will PM you with the url to the forum and posts that I have issues with.

The quote in quote post I did from my desktop pc, also I had to manually insert one quote into the other as it is something this forum doesn't normally do.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  11.    #31  
    Looks like your links to the posts with parsing errors revealed another parsing error for links in quotes.. :|

with quotes

no quotes
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/02/2014 at 12:57 AM.
  12.    #32  
    Testing session fix.. Or not?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/09/2014 at 08:27 PM.
  13.    #33  
    LOL... just goes to show how poor the search function is on this site. I even searched for the link verbiage too. So, what you're all telling me is I missed the article on BOTH sites. ___________EDIT___________ <slaps in face with fish>

(Dave I copied your post here to investigate a problem it is causing with the Forums app)

Edit: this is very interesting.. because those <> symbols are present in the short text you see in the recent posts view, and are not getting escaped, they are causing every thread you tap on after it int he list to always display the thread they are on. I think the main problem is only the < is present in the short text, which is truncated before the >. When I replaced them with square brackets it went back to normal.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/30/2014 at 12:56 PM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12