webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > se habla espanol
se habla espanol
Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 6 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By fxspec06
  • 1 Post By verwon
  • 1 Post By MAMISHO
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  • 1 Post By fxspec06

Old 10/09/2013, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

i am undoubtedly without question going to achieve fluency in spanish within the year. UNDOUBTEDLY. my brain is now at the point where it can actually freaking distinguish between every single word and it KNOWS ALL OF IT, but BECAUSE SPOKEN LANGUAGE is SO MUCH FASTER than reading, and it's 110% GIVEN that anything I hear in Espanol on the Radio follows the rules of the language, that I now have CORRECTLY associated with my native grammar rules, and does some crazy unbelievable background thing that i can't explain but is amazing because i understand every bleeping thing i hear but can't process in realtime.

so now, to achieve total fluency in spanish, all i have to do is literally rewire my brain, by listening to music and watching movies. which i take pleasure in now. like, i know everything i need to know, just now, those "pieces of knowledge," previously known as "words" and "verbs", have sunk into the brain's language interpreter which seemingly has super mega powers because there's no way i can KNOW that i KNOW something and KNOW that i CAN know it faster, and it not be true. so now when i learn a new word in Spanish, it no longer is "forgetten" on the fly. it's instantly recognized as "high priority", because of it's prior deductions (and failures) -- because of what i know and what it knows, it freaking does it's own magical thing.

so now that i know the words, when they're used and i hear them, instantly, the IDEA BEING PORTRAYED IN ESPANOL is connected CORRECTLY FINALLY TO THE PROPER ENGLISH WORDS and EVERYTHING AROUND IT SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL.

i hear a song and i can literally feel the time delay as the music flows through the sentence. at the end of the sentence i can feel my conscious logic barrier SHUT DOWN ON ME, and my brain evily attempts to translate it UNCONSCIOUSLY ON PURPOSE because it KNOWS i can translate it all consciously...... TLDR: go to sleep with music on, wake up fluent. no work needed. FACT. FACT FACT FACT FACT FACT

The smartest decision you will ever make to achieve fluency - Fluent in 3 months - Language Hacking and Travel Tips

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/09/2013 at 04:08 PM.
fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2013, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Um... What?? Did your account get hacked?

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9, verwon, fxspec06 and 1 others like this.
Thanked By: fxspec06
Old 10/09/2013, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

why was the link removed? did you even click it?

i'm becoming bilingual... it's extremely hard, rare, and there's lots of phenomenom behind it and i find everything fascinating.

what's wrong here?

Old 10/09/2013, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

I removed the link temporarily to make sure your account wasn't compromised. I'm mobile and didn't have time to review - that's why I tried to hit you up on twitter (to confirm). In the future, please PM a mod to discuss.

Link restored

BTW... have you tried learning using RosettaStone?

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9 and fxspec06 like this.
Old 10/09/2013, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I removed the link temporarily to make sure your account wasn't compromised. I'm mobile and didn't have time to review - that's why I tried to hit you up on twitter (to confirm). In the future, please PM a mod to discuss.

Link restored

BTW... have you tried learning using RosettaStone?
honestly i am probably far beyond rosettastone at this point. right now the only work i need is literally looking up one of 3 things: 1. a reverse definition of a word i hear in spanish 2. a word blocking a complete sentence translation in either direction, usually from english to spanish but lately having spanish to english lookups (for 23 definition words!) and 3. conjugations ..... in addition to la musica i need to get to a point where this (mega-fast learning) ends, and i can almost see an ending in sight. basically though i am learning the rest of the language entirely through context. it's like learning english grades 5 through 12 in a bleeping month. unbelievable

although i wanna give rosettastone a shot, to see where i'm at. it could help w/ vocab and definitions, which always expand what i can say, but again i'm learning those so easily now through context and my brain is associating them and saving them properly now instead of in crappy places where it can't remember anything...

oh my what a trip this has been. i wonder if there's any fluent bilinguals in these forums. still haven't met a fluent spanish learner yet. three of my best friends are fluent, but they were given the language, that doesn't count because you don't experience the phenomena ........ i can pretty much say whatever i awnt to say right now to have a conversation but it's not as fast as -- although it can be as in depth as -- a native fluent, where i want to be. i think by summer

Last edited by fxspec06; 10/09/2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10/09/2013, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

What an odd thread

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9, ananimus, HelloNNNewman and 3 others like this.
Old 10/10/2013, 08:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
What an odd thread
well i'm kinda looking for billingual people to talk to to get information from i guess, and not sure where to begin looking

also, i am a very odd person. so the odd thread should have been expected

Liked by Grabber5.0 and verwon like this.
Old 10/10/2013, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry, I studied French.

Sent from something made by Apple!
Old 10/13/2013, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yo hablo español, y estoy intentando aprender inglés \0/ me piden la certificación B2 para la carrera :/ .
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by fxspec06 likes this.
Old 10/13/2013, 01:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I learned and used Spanish when I was younger. Language and especially learning multiple languages is weird. I can still read and listen to Spanish and mostly understand it, even though I'm completely out of practice. Have a very hard time forming my own sentences now though.

Going to Japan was EXTRA weird. We received some language training and I knew zero Japanese beforehand. The "other languages" part of my brain had a hard time accepting it. I kept recalling Spanish words instead and mistranslating things when I heard or tried to speak Japanese. :-/
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2013, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

yay high school Spanish 3
My Copy referral link if you want to try: https://copy.com?r=trzKIA
My OneDrive referral link: MS OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2013, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
yay high school Spanish 3
That's as far as I got but never plunged into 4. It was too hard. Now, I could crush Spanish 4 into a tiny M&M-sized nugget. =P

PS just got my puter back, which is why it took me so long to reply here. I shall be back.........

(*dun dun dunnn*)

Liked by xandros9 likes this.
Old 12/12/2013, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

annnnnnnnnnd i'm back. (kinda).

function ( webos ) {
Anyone interested in what's new in my life ==> @fxspec06 https://twitter.com/fxspec06

I want to SAVE WEBOS if possible (probably not)

[ but one can dream ]}

Old 12/12/2013, 08:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

random faded img in paint for hacking hospital computer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FADED.JPG (66.0 KB, 9 views) Email Attachment

Old 12/12/2013, 09:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hi, since you were looking for other bilingual people, I just wanted to let you know I am happy to chat with you in German, English or Spanish. I find really absorbing a language and dominating it is best done by living in the country where it is spoken, and not hanging out to much with people speaking your native language. I had 3 years of English in highschool, which gave me the basics of grammar but I really started learning it once I was forced to speak it in every-day conversations when I moved to the US. And thanks to my classic languages background (8 years of latin and 3 of ancient greek learned in Germany) I also picked up spanish pretty easily when I moved to Mexico, without ever having taken any classes whatsoever.

So I agree, you can learn a language by immersing yourself in conversation with native speakers, listening to music and watching TV.

¡Te felicito por tu entusiasmo y avance rápido en aprender español! Que tengas mucho éxito.
Old 12/12/2013, 09:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Try here: Persons who speak Spanish pre2

Tags
bilingual, spanish