Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imurrx
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    No, this is not one of those 'I'm leaving WebOS for greener pastures' posts. My Sprint launch day Pre died 2 years ago and I've been relatively happy with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. This post is more about letting go of the past and of possessions. You can see I've invested heavily in Handspring and Palm over the years - From a Handspring Visor Deluxe all the way through to the Palm Pre. I've held onto every one of them, save a Treo 600 which I sold in order to upgrade to the 650.* I've held onto them all believing that the magic would one day return or that hanging onto them would earn me some extra geek points. Alas, neither is or will ever be true.

Today I dropped them all off at a recycling center. I'm downsizing, reducing clutter I tell myself, letting go of possessions that no longer work or serve a purpose, I tell myself once more. Letting go of my passion for Palm is much harder and that I still retain along with a TouchPad. So the devices, chargers, spare batteries, holsters, even a Handspring polo are all gone. They are not forgotten. I am as much a Palm & webOS fanboy and advocate as I was I was in June of '09, I simply no longer have the tangible proof.

*My all time favorite phone until the Pre.

The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    recycling center? why! i would have paid you for some of those! they're classics!!!!!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by tostler View Post
    No, this is not one of those 'I'm leaving WebOS for greener pastures' posts. My Sprint launch day Pre died 2 years ago and I've been relatively happy with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. This post is more about letting go of the past and of possessions. You can see I've invested heavily in Handspring and Palm over the years - From a Handspring Visor Deluxe all the way through to the Palm Pre. I've held onto every one of them, save a Treo 600 which I sold in order to upgrade to the 650.* I've held onto them all believing that the magic would one day return or that hanging onto them would earn me some extra geek points. Alas, neither is or will ever be true.

Today I dropped them all off at a recycling center. I'm downsizing, reducing clutter I tell myself, letting go of possessions that no longer work or serve a purpose, I tell myself once more. Letting go of my passion for Palm is much harder and that I still retain along with a TouchPad. So the devices, chargers, spare batteries, holsters, even a Handspring polo are all gone. They are not forgotten. I am as much a Palm & webOS fanboy and advocate as I was I was in June of '09, I simply no longer have the tangible proof.

*My all time favorite phone until the Pre.

Click to view quoted image
    I sadly, might have to let go of my Sprint Pre. Sprint is doing their Network Vision upgrade in my area, and I've been without voice service for two days. Even during and upgrade, existing customers should still have some kind of access. I can only communicate with text messages and email on my Pre or now.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I still have all but one of my phones. It is lost some where between the box of college stuff and my wife's bag of mannequin heads.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    recycling center? why! i would have paid you for some of those! they're classics!!!!!!
    I have a Palm3xe with PalmPix camera attachment, Clie TJ25 and 35, an ATT Treo600 and 650 and a Verizon Centro and Pre+ if you are interested.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)