• 1 Post By xandros9
  • 3 Post By mattmers
  • 4 Post By sledge007
  • 2 Post By geekpeter
  • 5 Post By geekpeter
  • 2 Post By verwon
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    xandros9, fxspec06 and verwon like this.
    true but have you seen the quality of chat on android central for example? most of the stuff there revolves around "whos buying <insert multitude of android handsets/tablets>" or "who thinks a/b/c is better than d/e/f devices".

rare i see anything indepth or largely useful tbh on the other sites, at least here i see stuff of worth.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    sledge007 and fxspec06 like this.
    Don't worry! I'm sure someone here by the name of LG was trained with the defibrillator!

Never mind how long or how!
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Don't worry! I'm sure someone here by the name of LG was trained with the defibrillator!

Click to view quoted image

Never mind how long or how!
    dont defib, theres a hp branded mine on that thar body!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    dont defib, theres a hp branded mine on that thar body!
    HP as in "hydrogen-plutonium?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    Yep, it's pretty sad around here now. No new devices, updates, apps, patches, or themes. Most of the conversation is about how to fix long-abandoned apps/services that are no longer working. It's a bit depressing to watch the less than 10 active people left trying to carry the community...

may I tweet that pic at Dieter?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    also interestingly I just hopped over to maemo.org and the developer community has dropped off much like ours but their forums seem popular (view count posted) I'm not sure if its because they are all more techie then many here or that they have mark II to their platform (meego).

maemo and webOS, the first real mobile multitasking operating systems.
    still want to get my hands on a n900 to mess around with.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    xandros9, fxspec06 and Remy X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    [...]
    still want to get my hands on a n900 to mess around with.
    You won't be disappointed

I have one. It's obsolete by today's standards, but the hardware keyboard is the best ever made. The screen is gorgeous (although it has a resistive/"single touch" touchscreen).

It's a very solid build and overall quite pleasant to use, i should probably buy myself a spare once i have some extra money (not this year )
    true but have you seen the quality of chat on android central for example? most of the stuff there revolves around "whos buying <insert multitude of android handsets/tablets>" or "who thinks a/b/c is better than d/e/f devices".

rare i see anything indepth or largely useful tbh on the other sites, at least here i see stuff of worth.
    Don't forget all the threads about promised updates that never happen, and how mad people are because they didn't happen. Then the vicious cycle of blaming the carrier, blaming the manufacturer begins. If people would watch a couple of 10 minute videos and maybe do 30 minutes of searching and reading, followed by 10 minutes of downloading and 30 minutes of installing...in an hour and a half, they could just root and update their phones themselves.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Don't forget all the threads about promised updates that never happen, and how mad people are because they didn't happen. Then the vicious cycle of blaming the carrier, blaming the manufacturer begins. If people would watch a couple of 10 minute videos and maybe do 30 minutes of searching and reading, followed by 10 minutes of downloading and 30 minutes of installing...in an hour and a half, they could just root and update their phones themselves.

typical non webos nations forums
    fxspec06 and Remy X like this.
    also worth a mention for complete truth.

also worth a mention for complete truth.

omg. was not expecting that ending.

AT ALL
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Sorry guys! It's got to seem slow over sometimes, but some of us old crazies still stop in from time to time!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    HelloNNNewman and fxspec06 like this.