Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree139Likes
    Arnhem, The Netherlands

User of a Pre (as an high-end alarm), Pre3 and Touchpad. Former user of a Palm III when still going to school en 'nobody' had handhelds.
    xandros9 likes this.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    Geographic center of The Peoples Republic of California, USA.

Zire72, 2 TX's, Centro, Pre2, Pre3, TouchDroid, TouchPad 4g. ALL in good working condition! :-)

WyreNut
    oh hi! akid here, haven't dropped into the official Palm support forums in a while (or at least what used to be the Palm support forums), but this is your first post I've seen here, nice to see you!
    I've somewhat lost my Palm obsession, but suddenly I see all these Palms (T|E2, Zire, T|C, V) sprouting at a thrift store nearby. argh if only it showed up a few years ago when I was still obsessed!

Quote Originally Posted by nikdp View Post
    N. Delhi, India

Been a Palm user even before Palm were into mobiles

--
    Tungsten E --> Handspring Treo x 2 --> Treo 680 --> Centro --> Pre 2 --> Veer --> Veer (for wifey) --> Pre 3
    Ah yes the old days, which Handspring Treos did you pack?

Quote Originally Posted by rblakeney View Post
    Houston.

US Robotics Palm Pilot Professional, Palm V, 600, 650, Centro, Pre Plus, Pixie, Pre 2, Pre3, two Veers, Touchpad. To say we are a Palm/HP household would be accurate.

Gonna pick up a Galaxy S4 in a week or so. Does anyone know any Android tweaks that will kinda make it act like webOS?
    wow quite the history there!
    Well I guess that depends on what you want to change. I haven't seen any vertical cards mods (or anything really related to webOS anywhere. But perhaps I haven't looked hard enough) I'd try XDA-Devs for stuff like that.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Kyiv, Ukraine. Pre 3 + Veer. Best regards from the Eastern Europe
    xandros9 likes this.
    Oslo, Norway.

I activated my second Pre 3 a few days ago. WebOS hardware were never sold through offcial retailers here, and I think I might be the only one left in this country using webOS...
    Living in Norway, currently owning a Touchpad 32GB that mostly show the clock, a working Pre 3 in a drawer, a dead Pre 3, a dead Pre and a working Palm m515.
    scjjtt and xandros9 like this.
    I'm in City of Salvador, state of BAHIA, Brazil.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Columbus, OH: Veer and still use my Treo for scoring software. Talk about battery life!
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    Hamburg, Germany ;D
    Indeed - Hamburg, DE.

And here I thought I was the last one in Hamburg. ;-)

Pre (retired), Pre3 (+1 Backup) - still my only phone, Touchpad (hardly ever use it - but that's because of the 10" form factor, would love to have webos on my Nexus 7).

My GF uses her TP a lot.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navelfluff View Post
    Oslo, Norway.

I activated my second Pre 3 a few days ago. WebOS hardware were never sold through offcial retailers here, and I think I might be the only one left in this country using webOS...
    Here also the HP did not sell ...
    I had to buy my Pre on my own ...
    Now I'm migrating to a Pre 3 ...
    I too think that am the only brazilian using this ...
    But I have some difficulties to install Preware ...

I started with a Palm IIIe => Zire 21 => Zire 72 => Life Drive ( yet working as a slave music player ) Treo 680 ( yet => on use with my daugther ) => Palm Centro ( yet on use on my calendar and alarm ) => Palm Pre => Palm Pre 3

Brazilian Hugs for all.

Long life to WebOS.

Gerson
    xandros9 likes this.
    Rome, Italy. My father, who works for HP-EDS, brought me a Pre 2 one year ago. I still have it, but now I use a Pre 3 I bought on eBay.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Australia, currently using a mix of a PrPrPr&#$275$; $3$, $veer$, $touchpad$, $iPad$ $and$ $iPhone$
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Kansas City, Missouri, US

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hey, Just south of St. Louis here, went to Kansas City a few years back, nice city as well.

A lot of Russians and Germans

Question for the Russians: I watch Subaru videos often (own one myself) and a lot of the Subaru videos are Russian on youtube, so what gives? Are Subaru's a hot commodity over there?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post

Question for the Russians: I watch Subaru videos often (own one myself) and a lot of the Subaru videos are Russian on youtube, so what gives? Are Subaru's a hot commodity over there?
    Sorry for off topic... Subaru are rather popular in Russia because it's 4x4 and we have almost no good roads, only directions :-(.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Hey, Just south of St. Louis here, went to Kansas City a few years back, nice city as well.

A lot of Russians and Germans

Perhaps.

The only roads that get proper maintenance there are the freeways*. In the winter, people drive with studded tires, sometimes too late into the spring, and where ever there's a stoplight and people brake, the steel "teeth" dig into the pavement. Year after year... and potholes don't stay filled, when most municipalities skimp on the amount of tar they use. And then there are unpaved country roads, resembling jeep trails. And snow in the winter.

I could see why Subaru would choose to market there more heavily (or wait, are these videos taken by owners?), but i would think they are a bit too expensive for that market... but definitely cheaper to maintain than, say, a Toyota Corolla, which would deteriorate pretty quickly under off-road conditions. And RWD > FWD...

Oh well, i suppose we could just wait for the Russians to reply.. (edit: looks like they beat me to it )

*nobody wants a 15 car pileup
    Austria, central europe here. We are a small county but a big mobile market. We are still a reference market for 3G networks and have one of the highest "mobile phones per head" ratio.

Pres and Touchpads were never officially sold here. I got mine from Germany or the internet respectively. Palm grew from "synonym for handheld" to "who the f*** is Palm?" whithin only a few years.

Says all about marketing of Palm/HP.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Remy X and xandros9 like this.
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands. One of the (probably some) 32 Dutch users of a HP Pre3 and HP Touchpad. Before user of a Treo 650 for 5 years. I use the pre3 every day and it's great, but there are so many fantastic new phones out there. Where is the new WEBOS Phone...?
    xandros9 likes this.
    Oss, The Netherlands (Pre3, Pixi and Touchpad)
    xandros9 likes this.
    I am in Hamilton Ontario. Use my Pre3 with Virgin.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    White Plains New York
    Just a few miles south of you.

I'm surprised by how many Dutch users replied...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    xandros9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Just a few miles south of you.

I'm surprised by how many Dutch users replied...

I didn't know either, clearly we are a small but active group. Eventhough we are unaware that we actually form a group. :-P

I have hooked my girlfriend, my dad, sister, brother and a friend of mine up with Palm/HP devices like TouchPad and Pre's, but most of them have moved on already and use BB10/iOS or Android

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    @xandros9 " Ah yes the old days, which Handspring Treos did you pack? "

The Handspring Treo 180. After my initial experience with the Tungsten E, I was determined to own my first phone with a good PIM built in. There used to be an LG flip phone with the palmOS and stylus, but since that couldnt be sourced, I started with the Treo 180.
    xandros9 likes this.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456