1.    #1  
    ...as Windows 8 update removes all google support.

Windows 8 Mail update now available, Google Calendar support removed for existing users | The Verge

One of the big changes with these updates is the removal of Google's Exchange ActiveSync support for Mail, Calendar, and Contact syncing. "We can't connect…because Google no longer supports Exchange ActiveSync," says a message urging users to reconnect their accounts to the Mail, Calendar, and People apps in Windows 8. Google announced its plans to stop supporting the protocol, and Microsoft has now disabled access to it entirely in Windows 8, even if you're an existing user.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    On this topic, does the webOS Google synergy account type use ActiveSync? I'm assuming yes, but there might be something else baked in there. I noticed mine is still syncing, but it's been set up for way before the January 2013 cutoff date.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    On this topic, does the webOS Google synergy account type use ActiveSync? I'm assuming yes, but there might be something else baked in there. I noticed mine is still syncing, but it's been set up for way before the January 2013 cutoff date.
    I'm pretty sure it does not use active sync for the regular contacts/calendar syncing with google calendar and contacts. I had to doctor recently and had no trouble getting things to sync up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    No they don't, they use a Google API. Older but it works.
    Instead of nerfing the entire thing, why can't Microsoft, say, implement CardDAV? And what's wrong with people retaining their current sync?
    Seems to be a wrestling match between the two biggest gorillas. If MS nukes everyone, it gets more people to complain to google, more pressure for google to start paying MS again for activesync. I imagine it's a pretty big chunk of change MS has lost.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Instead of nerfing the entire thing, why can't Microsoft, say, implement CardDAV
    Would be pointless; google nukes CalDAV (except for "whitelisted" developers), I think CardDAV will follow as well. Replacing standard protocols with private APIs seems evil to me :/