Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree52Likes
    Thanks for all your work, Garrett. There are several interesting playgrounds out there right now.
    Man. First it was Mathias Duarte. NOW GARRETT?!?
    Garrett92C and Isandunk like this.
    dash weather is one of my favourite apps! thanks so much for all your hard work - good luck in whatever you choose to do next!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Man. First it was Mathias Duarte. NOW GARRETT?!?
    Reading this post kind of breaks my heart cause(I won't lie a few tears shed too), HomeBrew developers are the remaining faithful that keeps us loving webOS(while we use our Pre's as our daily drivers) no matter how many times I might whine about WebOS lack of new features against the competitors. Truthfully speaking, I'm not happy to hear that such a nice developer like 'Garrett' will be leaving WebOS development, but we all have to be adults here and have to respect his decision....And wish him good luck and hope that someday he remembers that this community will hold him close to our memories with his creative patches and homebrew contributions.

I was looking forward to own a Pre3(was eyeing one on Amazon to replace my Pre2), but what's the point ? Now you hearing nice homebrew developers throwing in the towel and moving to greener pastures. Ohhh well, i guess that theres there nothing much anymore to do than be forced to move into Android

Please, Garrett come back soon!!!!!
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I was looking forward to own a Pre3(was eyeing one on Amazon to replace my Pre2), but what's the point ?
    There are still awesome devs out there making cool new webOS stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 03/16/2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: fixed quote... damn Tapatalk.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Sniff. Sad to hear, but understandable decision. :'(
    I'm using some of your stuff every day (widgets, themes) and I will miss your innovation for webOS.
    Live long and prosper!
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Sniff. Sad to hear, but understandable decision. :'(
    I'm using some of your stuff every day (widgets, themes) and I will miss your innovation for webOS.
    Live long and prosper!
    Totally, agree the weather widget patch and browser user agent were great addition to WebOS ( it made the browser load a few pages on Pre 2 with the "User Agent" patch).....it's so sad that all this news of Stupid LG/HP causing so much damage to WebOS and it's future as an operating system, might had forced him(Garrett92C) to move into greener pastures like (Google Android ).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Garrett, thanks for your help making my Pre 2, my daily driver, so useful - and much fun to use!
    There may be bigger things, but not better ones.
    geekpeter and Garrett92C like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The LG/HP thing didn't have anything to do with my stopping of legacy webOS dev. I just feel that it's time for me to move on to bigger and better things. I'd like to share my ideas and talent with more people and hopefully improve the experience they get with their devices.
    do android app/patch devs get a similar level of attention in the forums as they do here? would suck if devs make something awesome only to get their threads/apps lost in the masses.

cant say ive scoured the android forums much, i feel like a tourist lost in a giant new city unable to read the local language and roadsigns.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Rnp likes this.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    do android app/patch devs get a similar level of attention in the forums as they do here? would suck if devs make something awesome only to get their threads/apps lost in the masses.

cant say ive scoured the android forums much, i feel like a tourist lost in a giant new city unable to read the local language and roadsigns.
    It seems it's mostly the popular devs or people with awesome ideas that get attention. The rest gets lost in the void. It's a bit intimidating starting fresh again, but it'll be a fun challenge to make a name for myself over in Android land. I plan to go about it the same way I did with webOS; make things for myself because I wanted the feature/theme, then post it to the forums in case anyone else finds it useful.
    Rnp, geekpeter and verwon like this.
    It seems it's mostly the popular devs or people with awesome ideas that get attention. The rest gets lost in the void. It's a bit intimidating starting fresh again, but it'll be a fun challenge to make a name for myself over in Android land. I plan to go about it the same way I did with webOS; make things for myself because I wanted the feature/theme, then post it to the forums in case anyone else finds it useful.
    does that mean recreating your later webOS work, weather/themes etc or do you have new ideas, or does your android phone require a personal touch in different areas, or failing that will you maybe find an app you like on android, see what its shortcomings are then better those to suit yourself?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    does that mean recreating your later webOS work, weather/themes etc or do you have new ideas, or does your android phone require a personal touch in different areas, or failing that will you maybe find an app you like on android, see what its shortcomings are then better those to suit yourself?
    Sorry, just saw this post.

Yea, I'll be bringing some of my webOS work over to Android eventually. For now, I'm still exploring. I have so much more freedom over there since I don't need to deal with all those restrictions I faced in webOS. Lol

Also, I rewrote Dash Weather in Enyo2 and used a much better weather service. It's beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    jrb363 likes this.
    So... I've finally decided to stop homebrew development on webOS 3.x and below. I held out for as long as I could! I've been digging through the same OS for over three years now and I kinda feel like I've seen and done everything already. Looking back on it all, it's pretty cool to see the crazy ideas I've come up with. It's just time for me to look towards the future and find a new playground.
    I send you a PM, please answer me!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Your presence will surely be missed =(
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
    thank you and i will find you where ever you end up buddy
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Garrett, can you do those of us who remain here a favor and post your android contributions in the general Web OS forum? I visit both sites (android central & web os nation) equally for now but with the Android forums so busy it might be easier for your loyal followers here to keep up with any major projects you have going on. You will be missed but I look forward to seeing your new projects on Android.

P.S. I see you have a Nexus 4. How do you like it so far? I'm waiting on the LG Optimus Pro G to release to upgrade.

LG Optimus G Pro review | The Verge
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    hey garrett, any chance we can finally get a github version of Glass Effect Suite?

I had to wipe my Pre3 and doctor it, and I lost the Glass Effect Suite.zip

I cannot find it anywhere online

Thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    Garrett, can you do those of us who remain here a favor and post your android contributions in the general Web OS forum?
    He can post a link to them over on the AC forum if he wants but he can't post the actual Android stuff over on this site.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12