webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > CONTEST: Resting MY Way!
CONTEST: Resting MY Way!

Old 02/18/2013, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

February is Fitness Month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? It means we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is our Resting MY Way contest. Simply tell us how you use your webOS smartphone or tablet, to sleep, nap, meditate, or breathe better and stay healthier. What are your favorite apps? Yoga? Guided meditation? White noise? Timers? What are your go to accessories? How does your device fit your active lifestyle? We want to know!

Write them out like a blog post. Yup, use paragraphs, list apps, list accessories, make it really helpful for anyone else interested in using their tech for exercise!

We'll post the best entries on Friday, so get them in ASAP! Need more incentive? We'll pick one winner a week and send them a $100 webOS Nation Store gift certificate!

What are you waiting for, start posting NOW!

p.s. Don't forget about our Resting Up! contest, going every day all this week, and the comment-to-win-a-FitBit contest on the blog!

Last edited by Derek Kessler; 02/18/2013 at 01:50 PM.
Derek Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't get nearly enough sleep. I tend to sleep at around 2 in the morning, then have to get up for classes that start at 9. Good thing this week I don't have classes.

For aiding with sleep, I use my TouchPad as an MP3 player. I've got a number of albums loaded on it. My favorites are soundtracks from Aquaria and various songs made by Cipher Prime. Yeah, my collection is composed almost entirely of game music. I use in-ear buds rather than the standard type of buds, as the standard ones make the little ridge that holds the earbud into place hurt.

Before sleeping, I like to use Comics HD to read some of my favorite comics. Of course sometimes I get carried away and end up going through everything for an hour past bedtime.

A while back I was also reading books on my TouchPad. It gets awkward though, because I tend to read 90 degrees rotation to what the tablet think is down. So unless I turn on orientation lock it's always sideways.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitnessmonth2013

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0