webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > CONTEST: Eating clean - Day 1!
CONTEST: Eating clean - Day 1!

Old 02/11/2013, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

It's Fitness Month week 2, and that means nutrition, and that means our Eating Clean contest! Every day this week there'll be a thread in our forums, and all you have to do to enter is tell us what you ate during the day. The idea is to get a little community pressure going so we all eat less junk food and more healthy, tasty meals and snacks. If you have a food tracker, a Withings scale, or any other device that helps you out, you can simply share your results each day!

This is a great way to keep us all motivated and accountable, and get a little healthy peer-pressure going! Plus, every day you enter is a chance to win a $20 gift certificate! How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
Old 02/11/2013, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

I'm going to fail miserably at this, but I'm going to try.

My food nutrition problem is multi-fold. I eat too much, I tend to eat crap, and I'm certain I'm not getting all of the vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and everything else my body and mind need to function at peak performance.

Case in point, today's food consisted of three cheese coneys (hold the mustard and onions), a Chili Cheese Dip (Cincinnati chili and shredded cheddar over a layer of cream cheese), a glass of Mountain Dew (dammit), and several glasses of water. Bread, beef stew, and cheese. :-/

Stay tuned for more self-shaming "this is the crap I ate today" posts from your friendly neighborhood editor.

This is why I run.
Old 02/11/2013, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just started something this month called the whole30. Its based on a Paleo diet, so basically, zero bad stuff. Today I had some sort of egg breakfast bake (mushrooms, ground beef, bell peppers, egg duh). For lunch I had beef chili (I don't remember everything that was in it), and for dinner I had a chicken quesadilla soup. Oh, and an orange.
Sylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Day 2 thread is here! http://forums.webosnation.com/off-topic-lounge/322462-contest-eating-clean-day-2-a.html
Old 03/14/2013, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

I guess this is the right thread for this.
Ok, now this week has been pretty good except for the 12 hours I've spent on the plane and ate kinda junky stuff, but besides that, I stayed away from carbs and from lots of red meat. I got to eat some really great bananas and a very juicy pineapple. Salad department was also very good. I've substituted lite ranch for vinegarette and I've added raisins to give it a bit more of a taste. I also do a few workout shakes thru out the day.
So how am I doing ???? Please comment so I can get either encouragement or to go back to the drawing board and redo the diet.

Buddy Tanjala
Buddy Tanjala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitnessmonth2013

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0