webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 6!
CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 6!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Derek Kessler
  • 1 Post By Derek Kessler

Old 02/09/2013, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Hey! Today is DAY SIX of Fitness Month 2013! We're almost through the week - what exercise have you done today (or yesterday)? What are you planning to do today?

February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? We all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our ongoing first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums - you know, like this one - and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike Fuelband, Jawbone Up, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 webOS Nation Store gift certificate. How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!

And don't forget about our Exercise MY Way contest, running all this week!
Liked by treacl likes this.
Old 02/09/2013, 05:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Yesterday was spent running around doing Army stuff, and then running around Easton Towne Center. Any energy expended was balanced out by my intake of heavy heavy heavy carbs and beers.

4565 steps for 2.23 miles and 2782 fuelpoints.

Today: more of the same.
Liked by treacl likes this.
Old 02/09/2013, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Spent 2 hours shoveling 22" of snow.
Old 02/09/2013, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

Okay, yeah, that'll do it!
Old 02/09/2013, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Did 6 miles today. Nothing too exciting. Winding down from a 1/2 marathon last weekend. For the past couple of months I have been using FitTrack to track to log my miles. Not sure how accurate it is. It seems to give different distance reading for the same run. All was not lost since I ended up at Russian River Brewery for a pint of Pliney the Younger (and without having to stand in line).
Kazan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

I took a fitness center class this semester so I get to work out 3 days a week and have a good selection of machines. I prefer the bike machine and the row boat machine thing but also strengthening my muscles with weight machines.
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

I played four consecutive games of Laser tag with some 13 year olds on Wed. I dominated. . By the end of the last game, my chest was starting to hurt. That's a workout for a chair jockey.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitnessmonth2013

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0