webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > CONTEST: Exercise MY way -- how I use my webOS device to stay in shape!
CONTEST: Exercise MY way -- how I use my webOS device to stay in shape!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Derek Kessler

Old 02/04/2013, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? It means we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is our Exercise MY Way contest. Simply tell us how you use your webOS device to stay in shape. What are your favorite apps? What are your go to accessories for keeping fit? How does your device fit your active lifestyle? We want to know! We'll post the best entries on Friday, so get them in ASAP!

Need more incentive? We'll pick one winner a week and send them a $100 gift certificate to the webOS Nation Store!

What are you waiting for? Start posting NOW!
Liked by DMeister likes this.
Thanked By: DMeister
Old 02/04/2013, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Stock Music Player & Music Player Remix every day while going to the office by bicycle.

I also use the Music Player (Remix) and MojoTracker for tracking any inline skating or large bicycle distances I do It's great in combination with the SmartRunner website to get a visual of the trajectory I completed.

I can't wait for spring to start and roads to get dry again, so I can start my long distance inline skating again. Did some 40-60 km trips last year and I really liked it

Unfortunately SmartRunner stopped support for their webOS app and it doesn't work on 2.2.4 anymore, only on 2.1.2 so I cannot use their app which was an even nicer approach. I might actually try and patch SmartRunner to see if I can get it working on 2.2.4 again sometime in the future

Last edited by Herrie; 02/04/2013 at 10:14 AM.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC
Old 02/04/2013, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I exercise almost daily. If I am not swimming I use pReader to read on the bike or elliptical. But, I also stretch every morning and use Yoga Pal to set up my routines. Too bad it is not HD for my Touchpad.
Old 02/04/2013, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't plan on exercising. I need to though. I've ballooned to 135 lbs.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

My midweek workout consists of 20-30 minutes on the treadmill (powerwalking a 5 degree incline with 5 lb free weights), resistance band training (upper body), and two sets of 30 of 6 different exercises on a leg, back, and abs resistance trainer. My challenge is keeping my mind occupied so that I don't get bored and give up. I do this with audio podcasts on my Pre3 and video netcasts/TV shows/movies on my TP. No exercise apps, but it helps me get the job done each week.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

This past weekend I completed the Kaiser SF Half Marathon. I used FitTrack on my Pre3 to record my training progress. Also use stock music player for running and biking playlists.
Kazan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Unfortunately, I find that during my travels, unnecessary battery drain is unacceptable, so I don't actually have any music loaded on my Pre3. Looking for suggestions for apps to use and ways to use them (other than the articles already posted on the front page recently, like real life stories ), though.

I'm sitting at 191.2 today, and that's going to change. That's going to change hardcore.
I do wish fitness month were during WARM WEATHER though. On the bright side, I'll be in Cali for most of this month, probably, so it'll be considerably warmer than our frozen arctic tundra like weather here in Det.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

I use FitTrack for my street cycling, listening to music remix. I use MapTool while mountain biking to track my route, gives me a breadcrumb trail to get back. I'm making a mount using a Krusell bicycle mount and a Treo case to mount my Pre 3 on my handlebars to videotape my rides.
Old 02/12/2013, 01:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

I use JogStats on my Pre3 for tracking my bicycle tours.
In combination with the Music Player Remix and my jawbone era headset my webOS-device is the best daily companion i ever had.
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitnessmonth2013

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0