webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 1 thread
CONTEST: Stepping Up week 1, day 1 thread

Old 02/04/2013, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? It means we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums -- starting with this one! -- and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike+ Fuelband, Jawbone Up, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 gift certificate to the webOS Nation Store. How's that for motivation?

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!
Old 02/04/2013, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

I'll be getting back on the wagon with my daily exercise routines, alternating days running at least two miles (in Cincinnati that means lots of hills - and damn it's cold right now) for endurance and a muscle-building workout of arm/chest/core/ab exercises. No weights or anything - I've got 160 pounds of body mass I can work with.

I've also picked up a Nike+ Fuelband (which I've already decided is more aptly called a Guiltband) that I'll be using to track my activity throughout the day. When doing the workouts where my arms aren't moving I'm sticking it on my ankle (no, I don't have skinny chicken-legs - the band doesn't close around my ankle) so I can at least get some count out of it.

I've been using the Guiltband for a week now, averaging about 2400 Nike Fuel points per day. We'll see if I can keep that up working at a computer all day. :-/
Old 02/04/2013, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I will be doing Felinestenics. I work on the second floor of my home so every 1/2 hour to an hour one of my two cats will invariably want something downstairs. I go up and down the stairs at least 8 times during my work day. At 28 steps a round trip I climb at least 224 steps a day not counting coffee trips (and I drink a LOT of coffee).
smeagle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I rode my bicycle 15 miles today, strong wind made the 29 degree temp feel like 12, i only managed 14.2 mph average.
Old 02/04/2013, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

I played 2 hours of basketball (about 6 games, including warm-up). It's pretty intense cardio, and I'm pretty leg-weary tonight.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

walked the Dog ! 2-3 miles a day
Of course we do that ever morining Been through two dogs now
john mcconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Editor-in-Chief

STEPPING UP! DAY 2 THREAD HERE: http://forums.webosnation.com/off-topic-lounge/321653-contest-stepping-up-week-1-day-2-a.html

Tags
fitnessmonth2013

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0