webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  The 'Off Topic' Lounge > NFL East is tough again this year.... gonna be a long bye week for my boys!
NFL East is tough again this year.... gonna be a long bye week for my boys!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By texasflood

Old 10/04/2012, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

claiborne car.jpg

I am getting killed in the mobile nations FF league BTW.... 20 teams makes it tough
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Perhaps a good thing I didn't get in the pool on time. The officiating has been a MESS for the Pack. This is actually the first year I can sit back and watch the games for the enjoyment and not worry about my pool points and picks Baaahh... who am I kidding, I'm still in a work pool

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2012, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

HAHA I'm in a league that I comish for the 3rd year now IIRC

and I'm in a league my buddy comishes that has a whole bunch of people from an Android forum he frequents (never asked which one) for the 2nd year in a row. He's in my league as well, top it off, he's a big 9ers fan so there is a lot of trash talking going on.

Packers have had some bad calls, I was cheering for NO in the game last weekend, when my wife asked why I was going against the Pack I said because I want everyone to see refs are horrible replacement or not (plus Brees is my QB in one league).
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 10/05/2012, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm not into FF, just haven't looked into it enough to become interested I suppose.

But I'm a big fan of Peyton Manning and I wondered if you guys who do play FF, is there a lot less selection of Manning as a QB in FF because of the uncertainty of how badly the neck injuries/surgeries could have affected his performance?

Also, I wonder how folks are feeling now after several games?

My daughter is probably Peyton's biggest fan, and Eli is a close second I believe. In fact, we just rescued a puppy from the pound and my daughter said, let's name him Cooper...the forgotten Manning! So we did!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2012, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

HAHAHA that is too funny.

As far as I know Peyton is owned in all the leagues I am in, probably picked a lil later as a bench/backup and possible trading chip. (can't say for certain though all the leagues I am in are pretty deep, 10 teams minimum).

I would guess there is less of a worry of the neck though.... I personally would worry more about the year off and new team/arena/etc. Especially going to Denver way different climate than he is used to playing his home games in.
Old 10/17/2012, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
HAHAHA that is too funny.

As far as I know Peyton is owned in all the leagues I am in, probably picked a lil later as a bench/backup and possible trading chip. (can't say for certain though all the leagues I am in are pretty deep, 10 teams minimum).

I would guess there is less of a worry of the neck though.... I personally would worry more about the year off and new team/arena/etc. Especially going to Denver way different climate than he is used to playing his home games in.
Still worrying?

Loved that MNF game! As Sharon Stone said in The Quick and the Dead...

"The Law's come back to town..."

[Note: for the uninitiated, Peyton Manning's nickname is 'The Sheriff' ]

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Old 10/17/2012, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

The Broncos are going to be fine, competitive.

Expectations at the start of the season were awfully high, because, well, Peyton...

But realistically...

Peyton had over a year of rust, a neck recovering from what, 4 operations, a different system and team for the first time in his pro career, home field now outside at high altitude after his entire pro career in a dome, and he's no spring chicken.

And even taking Peyton out of the mix, the Broncos themselves are in many ways a completely different team than last year, such radical rebuilding isn't going to work smoothly overnight.

And finally look at the Broncos early schedule, it was pretty brutal for a team in a rebuilding phase.

Having said all that, they're going into the bye 3/3 having competed even in the games that started horribly and they lost. Peyton is at the helm of the team, Elway at the helm of organization operations, how can we not expect good things? Only time will tell how far the Broncos can go but it's been an exciting time to be a Bronco fan lately. After years of Post-Elway teams being perceived as not up to snuff, fairly or unfairly, had the Tebow excitement and surprising success last year and Peyton this year with Elway supporting him, Elway who got his two superbowl rings when he was about the same age as Peyton is now.
texasflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
Still worrying?

Loved that MNF game! As Sharon Stone said in The Quick and the Dead...

"The Law's come back to town..."
Click to view quoted image

[Note: for the uninitiated, Peyton Manning's nickname is 'The Sheriff' ]
Wow... that's the very first time I've heard anyone quoting Sharon Stone in that movie. Kudo's (I think)

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Wow... that's the very first time I've heard anyone quoting Sharon Stone in that movie. Kudo's (I think)
Hah, I forgot about that movie, intentionally, hah. I like nearly every Gene Hackman flick, the exception that proves the rule?
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 10/17/2012, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, bad movie with a terrible concept.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2012, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I think it's the only Sharon Stone movie I've ever watched all the way through...but she has that great line, and one more:

Gene Hackman says to Stone:
Who are you?

Stone says:
You stole my life

and throws a sheriff's badge on the ground in front of Hackman who [after a flashback scene] shows fear in his eyes and says:
You're not fast enough for me!

To which, Stone replies:
Today I am...

And for another moment, you see fear in Hackman's eyes.

And I also like Russell Crowe's line, after taking out about 4 or 5 henchman (with Peyton Manning surgical precision...not even looking at one of them coming up behind):
Sorry John [Hackman's character], from now own, all the fights are fair.

All that happens in about 2 minutes at the climax of the movie. I don't need to watch the whole movie, but if I catch any part of the movie, I sure do like the last 5 minutes...

Well...that was a fun diversion...what were we talking about? Football? Invented by Abner Doubleday's brother Cosell Doubleday? Did I mention Cosell was featured in that movie? You see, with the overlord of the town gone now, all the gunfighters had to find some way to let off a little steam...and football was born.

Old 10/17/2012, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
I think it's the only Sharon Stone movie I've ever watched all the way through.
Wondering what scene you got stuck on in "Basic Instinct"... Hmm....
Old 10/19/2012, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Never saw that movie...
Old 11/26/2012, 02:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Speaking of movies...

With a few more weeks behind us...FF teams with Peyton are looking better and better! I'M not surprised...but I'm a big fan so you can't rely on my objectivity.

Two rookie wows...RGIII and Luck. Looking pretty darn good!

Old 11/27/2012, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Really don't wanna talk about RGiii right now

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0