View Poll Results: What is your default search?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google

7 58.33%
  • DuckDuckGo

5 41.67%
  • Bing

0 0%
  • KeyToss

0 0%
  • something else

0 0%
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Google is annoying more and more with personalization, spellcheck, localization (and tracking!) that I didn't ask for. Has anyone else switched to DuckDuckGo? Explanation here...

Escape your search engine Filter Bubble!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Yes : me.

Love it
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Works fine on the touchpad. Not so much on the phone. It loads a mobile site which does not render properly. Is there a way to force the full site from the phone? It seems the full site would auto-scale ok, the way it is written.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Works fine on the touchpad. Not so much on the phone. It loads a mobile site which does not render properly. Is there a way to force the full site from the phone? It seems the full site would auto-scale ok, the way it is written.
    I'm on a Pre3, and although the text is bigger than I would like, the render is clean. I've tried tweaking the cloud saved settings, but it doesn't change much.

There's a "lite" version which might be perhaps more what you are searching (https://duckduckgo.com/lite/) but I don't know how to modify the existing JustType settings to use this instead of the normal mobile page. Anyone know?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm now off Google as my search engine.
    I hate it with a passion. I've been using Linux Mint for a few years and they switched a year or so ago. I now have to go to extra effort to search, oh the humanity!!!!!

How do I add DuckDuckGo to the list of TouchPad browser-search engines? I'm using it as my default search engine on Just Type, but if I have a look at the settings of my Touchpad I can only see Google + Wikipedia.