Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  • 2 Post By marcedhk
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 2 Post By xandros9
  • 1 Post By namgod
  1.    #1  
    Random question...I've just always wondered if anyone uses it. The majority of the people used Home Premium when Vista was in its prime (if you could call it that) and most people now use either XP or 7. I myself don't know of anyone who ever used Home Basic. I figure most people who used Home Basic must've upgraded by now; just wondering.
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Yea one of my laptops still has vista home basic on it... :'(

sent from my HTC EVO 4G via tapatalk
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    I have a Home Premium desktop, its not Basic, but still Vista.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    my fully functioning laptop (with a non functioning broken gfx card), dont really use it, when i did it was as a spare winblows+ubuntu machine with vnc/other remote tools on it, should really do something with it tbh .
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Thankfully I never owned a Vista PC....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yes - I have it on my laptop, and it sucks. It's an old lazy dog when it comes to performance - has been from day one. What I ended up doing after a while was dual booting XP on it for a while, and now am dual booting with Windows 8 consumer preview, which performs better on the laptop than Vista does, but unfortunately has a bug where the text input just stops working occasionally, so I spend most time on this machine in Home Basic - am using that right now.

Fortunately I've got a new laptop on the way, and so when it arrives tomorrow this is going to become a Ubuntu machine so I can do experimental webOS builds - should be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Thankfully I never owned a Vista PC....
    It's not that bad! It just uses a bit more resources, maybe a couple incompatibilities, and is more annoying... but hey :P
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I still have a laptop with Home Basic on it. It came with Home Premium pre installed but I was more concerned about performance than looks so I downgraded it to Basic. It pretty much flys now.

I do'nt understand how poeple can hate Vista and like 7. To me they seem the same with only minor differences. I loved XP, but don't really care for Vista or 7.
    Vista runs good if you have 4 gigs of Ram.....even then it complains a little

it does what I need it to do.....Windows laptop is just an appliance to me
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    I do'nt understand how poeple can hate Vista and like 7. To me they seem the same with only minor differences. I loved XP, but don't really care for Vista or 7.
    Because 7 is what Vista should have been - those extra tweaks and refinements made a lot of difference on a laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Because 7 is what Vista should have been - those extra tweaks and refinements made a lot of difference on a laptop.
    I was an XP guy for a long time, after getting 7 on my last home office PC and then a few months back converting to 7 and office 2010 I love win 7. Next I want to get my HTPC on win 7 and get more network functionality.

The key is using it enough to get rid of all your old windows habits, I still have changed up the app bar to act more like previous versions of windows (I like being able to see what windows have what opened, especially at work).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by graveemma View Post
    Yes.. I still use Window Vista. Not because I like it but because my laptop is only window Vista supported.
    Whaaaaaaat?!?!?

I'm sure it can't be that locked down. You could overwrite with Ubuntu or another Linux flavor even if you can't afford an upgrade via windows. Or retro to XP sp3 which, IMHO, still is the best Win OS out there.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Whaaaaaaat?!?!?

I'm sure it can't be that locked down. You could overwrite with Ubuntu or another Linux flavor even if you can't afford an upgrade via windows. Or retro to XP sp3 which, IMHO, still is the best Win OS out there.
    :OO I'm not the only one who likes Windows XP better. But, on topic my cousin has Windows Vista on her laptop... it is really not that bad, if you have the right hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by graveemma View Post
    Yes.. I still use Window Vista. Not because I like it but because my laptop is only window Vista supported.
    I had a laptop where HP did not support upgrading to 7 from Vista. I upgraded anyway, a bunch of Vista drivers worked in 7 and 7 is just a lot more compatible with everything.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I ran vista 64 with no problems, the only reason I migrated to 7 was to get the cablecard tuner to work. Although, 7 boots faster, works better, and doesn't nanny state your access to your files.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    everybody should upgrade to windows 7.