Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Originally posted by Yorick
    neat! *steals*
    I thought about it last night and was afraid that you might be offended...

Some people don't like you messing with their art, but the picture popped into my mind. Being of the graphic artist persuasion, I was compelled to do it.
    "When I am Empress...Heads will roll!"
    Queen of Parts
    Originally posted by fixitgal

I thought about it last night and was afraid that you might be offended...

Some people don't like you messing with their art, but the picture popped into my mind. Being of the graphic artist persuasion, I was compelled to do it.
    Hey we all know that all great art is "stolen"!

Everytime I've ever thought I've come up with something original I ended up finding out that I had unconciously (sic) been emulating or 'riffing' on something I had seen before.

example:
    We used to be well-known for our 'tortiose-shell' blown-glass and I was quite forcible about "protecting" "our design". That is until a very sweet 80+ year old lady remarked after seeing our glass at a show, "These glasses look just like the Polish ones my grandmother got for her wedding." After doing the math in head I figured that the Polish glassblowers hadn't ripped me off and became much more relaxed about "my designs".

I like your design, it's sweet. Maybe we should have a "make an avatar for Yorick" contest - It might be moot after your strong entry, but it could be fun.

(Hey KC I like your current "sat. AM - hankerin' for a hunka cheese" avatar, reminds me watching of Speed Racer, HR Puff 'N' Stuff, Astroboy, The Lil' Rascals, Ultraman and Kimba the White Lion (The original Lion King!) and too much Kool-Aid)
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Originally posted by Toby

Easily believable, but I was just poking at the skull.
    A noble endeavour, to be sure.
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    I like your design, it's sweet. Maybe we should have a "make an avatar for Yorick" contest - It might be moot after your strong entry, but it could be fun.
    Thanks. As for a contest, well, I'll leave that up to Yorick. I do have a contender though...

Go Speed Racer, Go!
    Queen of Parts

Thanks. As for a contest, well, I'll leave that up to Yorick. I do have a contender though...

Go Speed Racer, Go!
    So ... *twirls toe in dirt* ... wouldja mind if I use that for a coupla days or so until I stop wasting my life away reading webcomic archives and draw the frames for what I'm planning to use? *puppy dog eyes*
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    So ... *twirls toe in dirt* ... wouldja mind if I use that for a coupla days or so until I stop wasting my life away reading webcomic archives and draw the frames for what I'm planning to use? *puppy dog eyes*
    Well, since I'm a sucker for puppy dog eyes... Sure, go ahead!

Is there a good (step-by-step) reference somewhere for how to make animated gifs? I'd like to try making some...
    Queen of Parts
    try this: The Animated Gif Artists Guild

and thanks.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    and thanks.
    You're welcome, and thanks for the by line...

The site you suggested was exactly what I was looking for. They even had a Mac tutorial (yes!!!)

I think that was a fair trade...
    Queen of Parts
    The site you suggested was exactly what I was looking for. They even had a Mac tutorial (yes!!!)
    you have Mac? I usually use a program called GifBuilder to assemble frames together. It's not the best, I'm sure, but it's small and simple, and freeware.

you have Mac? I usually use a program called GifBuilder to assemble frames together. It's not the best, I'm sure, but it's small and simple, and freeware.
    I have lots of Macs. Everyone in the family has an iBook, and I still have two 8500s and an iMac.

I'll go search out GifBuilder. Thanks for the tip.

*off I go to cause more trouble*
    Queen of Parts
    Ummm... maybe you two would like to be left alone???
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Queen of Parts
  13.    #113  
    Perhaps we can create a private forum just for them. Hmm.. Yorick & FixitGal ..sounds like the name of a law firm hehe.

Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Ummm... maybe you two would like to be left alone???
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    sounds like the name of a law firm hehe.
    I have always tried to convince two of my friends to form their own firm....their last names? Butcher & Slaughter
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456