1.    #1  
    Anyone have a good recipe for Guac that I can cut and paste into my VPL? I really like the kind of Guac that seems to have some elements of salsa mixed in...
    A great place to find any recipes is the Food TV web site. Thay have an extensive recipe list and search capabilities. I'm sure you'll find what you want at this search .

Good Luck & Good Eating.
    Jonathan
    Originally posted by Keefer Lucas
    Anyone have a good recipe for Guac that I can cut and paste into my VPL? I really like the kind of Guac that seems to have some elements of salsa mixed in...
    Start with half a dozen avacadoes, peel them and mush 'em up good with your hands - unless you don't like chunky, and then go ahead and use a fork.

2 medium tomatoes, skinned and diced
    as many jalapenos as you can stand, or 2 small ones diced
    a handful of shredded lettuce
    1 medium onion (also diced)
    2-3 cloves of garlic
    a pinch of cilantro
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    Mine is very simple:

makes about 2-3 cups

one med onion
    2-3 Avocados (The should feel like the palm of your hand, go ahead poke it) not too soft, but a little give)
    One lime
    Freash cilantro, about 1 tbsp.
    about a half tomato, more if you like tomatos

Dice onion, tomato. Once you have the avocados pitted and peeled (do you know the trick with the spoon?) dice it up and toss all but one half of one avocado in the food processor with the onions. Hit the button till its nice and paste like. In a bowl mix in the diced tomatos, lime juice, and the last half of that avocado you saved - diced up in to .24 inch chunks. This will give it some texture. Toos in the cilantro and salt and pepper to your liking.

Open up a beer, dip your Tostitos into guaco and enjoy.

Aaron
    www.recipesource.com has lotsa international recipes from folks who seem to be in the know.

They have 89 recipes listed with the word Guacamole ...

http://www.recipesource.com/cgi-bin/...imageField.y=0

Offtopic on the offtopic: If you like making Indian food, the site is a treasure trove. Good Ethiopian dishes too.