• 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 3 Post By Cyberpmg
  • 3 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By dgcorn
  • 1 Post By carldc
  • 1 Post By GMMan
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    My Android using husband bought the new Nexus 7 tablet running Jellybean. He keeps telling me to feel free to use it and load anything that I want. It also has appeared on my nightstand, bed, chair, etc.
    I'm not sure if I should apprecate this or be annoyed.

Yes, the writing has been on webOS's wall. Yes, Android keeps improving. Yes, I have no problem using various devices. I just like mine best and I am reluctant to give them up. I don't need the newest, flashiest toy if mine does what I want it to.

I just recharged my original silver DS to play on the other day. The kids tell me I'm old. I'm not hard on things. I don't need a new one just because it is a different color. I need things to work. If they work I keep it, if not its gone.

This brings me back to my original point. My husband is trying to convince me that Jellybean is worth me switching to Android. I am still using my Pre+ as my regular phone. I have it set up to do what I need and it is reliable. Him and his family have gone through many Androids and iPhones. They have had all kinds of problems. Poor call quality, dropped calls, random resets, not syncing, not connecting or disconnecting, memory failure, etc...
    Why do I want that when mine works?
    Sounds like your husband loves toys and is one of those guys who thinks they need to convert anyone/everyone around them when they find something new and shiny to play with... lol

It all boils down to personal preferences. My gf absolutely loves certain foods that I abhore and tries to convert me all the time. Her tastes aren't mine and because she likes something doesn't mean somehow I suddenly do too. LOL If you like your device, if it does what you need, if you don't feel the urge to change - don't. If he thinks his devices are so awesome and leaves them around for you to play with - great. Why buy one if he's so graciously going to leave them there for you to use? Nice guy!

Seriously though... changing to another OS or keep your webOS devices is completely up to your needs/desires. I've had the urge once in a while to change again, but I play with our company phones for a few days (iOS, Android, and a Lumina 900) and always run back to my Pre2. It simply does what I want in a form factor I love, on an OS that is well designed.

I'm with you on this one!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/01/2012 at 01:04 PM.
    RoverNole likes this.
    Find out how many times the Android phone needs to be reset (or reset on it's own). To me, that still shows an unstable platform. Rarely would I ever have the need to restart webOS (either on my FrankenPre 2 or my TouchPad). Sure, I wish for improvements on apps, but what I have works. That's good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
    Find out how many times the Android phone needs to be reset (or reset on it's own). To me, that still shows an unstable platform. Rarely would I ever have the need to restart webOS (either on my FrankenPre 2 or my TouchPad). Sure, I wish for improvements on apps, but what I have works. That's good enough for me.
    I agree my dad loves his Samsung Android devices... I have seen the tablet crash many a time.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I agree my dad loves his Samsung Android devices... I have seen the tablet crash many a time.
    and I thought Android was more reliable!
    lol o_O
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    if he suggests it again tell him his idea also made you think of upgrading your old husband device to a newer more streamlined model.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    My Android using husband bought the new Nexus 7 tablet running Jellybean. He keeps telling me to feel free to use it and load anything that I want. It also has appeared on my nightstand, bed, chair, etc.
    I'm not sure if I should apprecate this or be annoyed.

Yes, the writing has been on webOS's wall. Yes, Android keeps improving. Yes, I have no problem using various devices. I just like mine best and I am reluctant to give them up. I don't need the newest, flashiest toy if mine does what I want it to.

I just recharged my original silver DS to play on the other day. The kids tell me I'm old. I'm not hard on things. I don't need a new one just because it is a different color. I need things to work. If they work I keep it, if not its gone.

This brings me back to my original point. My husband is trying to convince me that Jellybean is worth me switching to Android. I am still using my Pre+ as my regular phone. I have it set up to do what I need and it is reliable. Him and his family have gone through many Androids and iPhones. They have had all kinds of problems. Poor call quality, dropped calls, random resets, not syncing, not connecting or disconnecting, memory failure, etc...
    Why do I want that when mine works?
    I have a Kindle Fire tunning Jelly Bean . I STILL prefer my Pixi Plus . And I totally agree with you . My uncle always calls my phone " old " and stuff . If you prefer your Per Plus , then keep it . Android has copies webOS and made a mockery of it , but its STILL not as good . In my opinion , webOS is the only platform that does card multitasking decently . But anyway, its entirely your choice . If you love webOS and it does what you want , then why change if you don't need or wan to ?
    my brother has changed android phones so many times I lost count already... Me, i'm still using my pre minus and just recently got a pre paid pre2... Can't go wrong with webos )
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if he suggests it again tell him his idea also made you think of upgrading your old husband device to a newer more streamlined model.
    I don't think I can do that. He'll remember it for the next time I want to upgrade something.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Tell him that you might want to switch to Android in the future. Just don't mention that the future is when Open webOS can be ported to a new fangled Android device.
    carldc likes this.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    Tell him that you might want to switch to Android in the future. Just don't mention that the future is when Open webOS can be ported to a new fangled Android device.
    Oh...that's devilish (but tempting)... Wait 'til the list of Open webOS-compatible devices comes out, ask him for one. Then ditch Android for Open webOS! That's a dish best served with a side order of marriage counseling!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I recently upgraded my dad's HTC Legend to ICS, and while it looks cool and has nice features, it's still as slow as before, and app compatibility sucks. I've already made up my mind long ago that I don't want an Android phone, but that for some reason made others think I was a iPhone ******. Nah, I don't like either platforms. When I got my TouchPad (at the time I didn't hear much about webOS, and only saw a Pre once), I was fairly amazed at how easy it was to use, once the first-time webOS Profile setup was done (didn't have App Catalog access for a couple of days). Much snappier than Android, and much more control over internal workings. In fact, I didn't get how Android called themselves open when you can't easily mess with the system partition and ROMs had to be signed. Sort of defeats open source if you can't load updated software on it. webOS is much more open, even though it doesn't tout itself as free and open source.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    oh...that's devilish (but tempting)... Wait 'til the list of open webos-compatible devices comes out, ask him for one. Then ditch android for open webos! That's a dish best served with a side order of marriage counseling! :d
    roflmao