Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I hate when I go to a webOS web site that doesn't work, works poorly, or gives me some kind of message about the browser I am using, when I am on my TP or Pre.

I just went to the developer's site for a webOS app. It kept telling me I should use Chrome.

I know that we are a minority so most of the world doesn't care, but come-on.

I am thinking that in the future I will check the "home" page for any app before I buy it. If the web page won't work on webOS, I won't buy the app.

-my rant for today-
    Main reason you get that is because the browser is identifying itself as Safari for Linux (at least that's what FB sees it as).

There are sites that HATE safari, one of the sites I use for work will not function on safari. It actually had problems with IE before we finally got them to recode some functions. Full functionality was only on FF. Now that I think about it may have issues with Chrome too.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I understand the messages and some of the problems are because of its ID tag.

My point is the webOS sites should be coded correctly so as not to have a problem with webOS devices.
    This is either laziness, ignorance, rudeness, or some combination.
    Safari for Linux? How is that possible given that their is no Safari for Linux thus no user agent that contains that?
    I didn't make it up...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...