1.    #1  
    Is everyone who is listed in the site guilty of a crime/charge?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    They are booked into jail. They are presumed innocent until they go to court, but yes they all have been officially 'booked' into jail. Now that doesn't mean they couldn't have bonded out or post bail. They have been charged with a crime that requires jail sentencing

Sent from HPTP Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by alubera View Post
    Is everyone who is listed in the site guilty of a crime/charge?
    Guilt is determined by the court (judge or jury - sometimes wrongfully) or ones own admission - sometimes under duress. Mugshots, bookings, fines and at times prison sentences, are irrelevant.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Guilt is determined by the court (judge or jury - sometimes wrongfully) or ones own admission - sometimes under duress. Mugshots, bookings, fines and at times prison sentences, are irrelevant.
    The last steps before being sent to your cell, or 'pod, is a mugshot. If you are arrested you get a mugshot. Doesn't matter if your innocent or guilty. If you have been put through for processing , then the arresting officer has determined you are guilty. A judge will uphold the decision or overrule the the arresting officers actions. Either case you get your mugshot.

Sent HPre³
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    The last steps before being sent to your cell, or 'pod, is a mugshot. If you are arrested you get a mugshot. Doesn't matter if your innocent or guilty.
    True, but your post did not answer the OPs question, for which it would matter. If you're to deal w/ the question posed - whether or not a mugshot implies guilt - then it matters, and the answer is NO.

If you have been put through for processing , then the arresting officer has determined you are guilty.
    No. Police powers act only gives an officer limited powers of arrest to be used w/ probable cause. Since they're not usually there when the crime is committed, that translates into arrest and processing of suspects, and until the judge/jury says otherwise, the crimes are alleged. Fortunately, an arresting officer 'determining' that one is guilty does not make it so because it is not his/her place to make such a determination. He/she is simply NOT QUALIFIED to do so - especially in the absence of evidence or w/o any due process. That would effectively make an arresting officer a one-person judge and jury (and at times executioner), whose legal proceedings transpire over the course of seconds to minutes (good luck living in such a system).

A judge will uphold the decision or overrule the the arresting officers actions.
    (You're not ATF, are you? This reminds me of their ramblings and the way they sometimes make up the rules as they go... outside of law and oversight.)

The above would then make the local judge an appellate judge or body, which is not the case. An officer as judge would have no reason to appear in [appellate] court to testify before another judge or jury. AAMOF, there would be no need for the latter.

An arresting officer does a job that is different from that of a judge and contrary to what many of the deluded ones may believe, in the legal framework, they're almost insignificant. Most are hired to enforce laws that they do not comprehend and can not interpret. They're not known, and have never been known as a segment of society w/ the highest of IQs.

Your local Sheriff is a different story.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Well, I guess I just got TOLD. Goodness .... To answer thee Op question then, NO. :-P
    Oh, and I lived with an officer of the law for 16 years so, I guess her rambling skills have rubbed off onto the Chef. Damnit.. :-)
    Last edited by Balooz; 06/27/2012 at 02:04 PM.
    No offense meant; I've got family and a few buddies in the forces (also retired) and its a passionate topic. I only persisted because a) the question wasn't adequately addressed and b) way too many officers think they're a cut above the rest and its sadly reflected in policing at all levels. Its at a point where a lot of ppl witness crimes and choose not call the police because they'd rather not deal w/ them. Sadly, I think I would do the same, and that is a problem.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Oh, I didn't mean it like that all! Its Alll Goood. I knew it was just a topic not to be taken seriously. It was my opinions and none of actual law. Kinda like policing at my own discretion (or judgement ) As I unfortunately see and witness it.