Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So while I love my new Windows Phone, I am really missing the slide out keyboard for texting--I was so much faster and more accurate with it!!!! There are cool things about WP keyboard though, as it will pop up words to chose from while you're texting, which can save time.

There are also "extra steps" that have to be taken that weren't the case with WebOS, but the iPhone suffers from this too. I haven't yet figured out an easy way to close apps, but I've read that "most" open apps in WP don't use open any extra battery, so it's okay to just leave them running.

Aaaah....if only WebOS had gotten the marketing it deserved...or, if only people had researched the different OSs instead of listening to store reps. I chose WebOS, because it had the most streamlined OS.

There are new features I'm really loving about my Windows Phone though!! I have actually toyed briefly with the idea of getting an iPhone, but I love the convenience of the tiles and that I can easily sync it with my PC.
    Last edited by HappyPalm; 05/27/2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyPalm View Post
    So while I love my new Windows Phone, I am really missing the slide out keyboard for texting--I was so much faster and more accurate with it!!!! There are cool things about WP keyboard though, as it will pop up words to chose from while you're texting, which can save time.

There are also "extra steps" that have to be taken that weren't the case with WebOS, but the iPhone suffers from this too. I haven't yet figured out an easy way to close apps, but I've read that "most" open apps in WP don't use open any extra battery, so it's okay to just leave them running.

Aaaah....if only WebOS had gotten the marketing it deserved...or, if only people had researched the different OSs instead of listening to store reps. I chose WebOS, because it had the most streamlined OS.

There are new features I'm really loving about my Windows Phone though!! I have actually toyed briefly with the idea of getting an iPhone, but I love the convenience of the tiles and that I can easily sync it with my PC.
    I had a WP7 phone for a few weeks and while I really liked the streamlined user experience and fluid UI, I absolutely disliked that you are bound to use the Zune software for syncing, you can't even freely use the SD card. Golden cage just like iOS. Anyway, long live webOS
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    I had a WP7 phone for a few weeks and while I really liked the streamlined user experience and fluid UI, I absolutely disliked that you are bound to use the Zune software for syncing, you can't even freely use the SD card. Golden cage just like iOS. Anyway, long live webOS
    You don't have to download Zune--I synced up my contacts and Calendar in Microsoft Outlook without Zune, but I did use Windows Live, which was very simple and fast to sign up for. I will say that not everything synced perfectly for me, but I seem to be the only one having sync troubles.

I am totally loving my Windows Phone. It's very simple to use and is a joy--the live tiles are just super fun and convenient. Even with the sync problems and a few numbers getting lost (this also happened to my mom when she synced contacts to her iPhone), I'm still loving this phone.
    Yes that's right, I primarily meant music, though. Guess I didn't mention that
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Yes that's right, I primarily meant music, though. Guess I didn't mention that
    Ah yes, I haven't done my music yet--need to do that soon!!
    I figure that since I already use windows on pc if I had to switch from webOS windows phone would be the best choice
    Don't get an EVO 3D. The screen is made out of cheap glass. Both my daughter and I dropped our phones once (mine from less than 3 feet in grass) and the screens shattered.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I figure that since I already use windows on pc if I had to switch from webOS windows phone would be the best choice
    That was my thinking too--and because the OS sounded really cool. I think you'd be happy with that choice!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123