Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Goyena
  • 1 Post By ShiftyAxel
  1.    #1  
    ...for tossing an iPhone.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681198/russell-brand-arrested-iphone.jhtml
    Lol.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    HP should continue using him as the official open webOS spokesperson. I can see it now:

"Did you know that webOS is now open? Just like this window." Opens a window.

"This will permit all rabid webOS fans and developers to freely liberate their ideas and let them fly." Reaches behind him, plucks a reporter's fruit phone and tosses it out the window.

"When a closed consumer system just gets you down, choose webOS devices. It's like a get-out-of-jail free card." Police come and take him away in handcuffs.

Or tase him.

Pepper spray?

Whatever has the best comic value.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Rockbeast, W00sh and p41m3r like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    HP should continue using him as the official open webOS spokesperson. I can see it now:

"This will permit all rabid webOS fans and developers to freely liberate their ideas and let them fly." Reaches behind him, plucks a reporter's fruit phone and tosses it out the window.

"When a closed consumer system just gets you down, choose webOS devices. It's like a get-out-of-jail free card." Police come and take him away in handcuffs.

Or tase him.

Pepper spray?

Very funny...I say go with it!

Maybe at the end, Russell could say "Don't tase me bloke!"...or is it "taze"? I always get confused with the English language in the USA as compared to Great Britain...you know, "shop" vs. "shoppe"?
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 03/16/2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Obviously didn't happen in California... Chris Brown did the same thing out there a couple months ago to some girl and not a single word from the police. Wow... it's sad that I know that.
    And no one mentioned why he threw the iPhone.

Here is what he posted on his Twitter account as reported by this website...

Russell Brand Arrested: Actor Turns Himself In After Cell Phone Incident

@rustyrockets
    Russell Brand
    Since Steve Jobs died I cannot bear to see anyone use an iphone irreverently, what I did was a tribute to his memory.
    You mean it WASN'T because he was a webOS fan? Bummer...

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Obviously didn't happen in California... Chris Brown did the same thing out there a couple months ago to some girl and not a single word from the police. Wow... it's sad that I know that.
    We've got better things to do over here...

And yes, sad that you know that, watching too much TMZ? I didn't even hear this story.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    We've got better things to do over here...

And yes, sad that you know that, watching too much TMZ? I didn't even hear this story.
    hey didnt Chris Brown steal some girls iPhone? - What Would Tyler Durden Do
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I always get confused with the English language in the USA as compared to Great Britain...you know, "shop" vs. "shoppe"?
    Yes indeed, old bean. What ho, we all wear deerstalkers and smoke pipes here in good old Blighty! Pip pip!
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    sledge007 likes this.
    I think really that it's Russell's 'Brand' that should be thrown out of the window!

After you've been dumped by Katy Perry you throw stuff for awhile.This has been reported in the medical literature.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    After you've been dumped by Katy Perry you throw stuff for awhile.This has been reported in the medical literature.
    when I saw the inane ad using Russell Brand, I knew the HPTP would have a tough time
    why did HP invest in him as a spokesperson?
    every time I saw him shilling the HPTP I felt a wave of nausea form deep in my guts
    why was Katy Perry more perceptive than HP's marketing planners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

Or tase him.

Pepper spray?

You should be in advertising. That was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Yes indeed, old bean. What ho, we all wear deerstalkers and smoke pipes here in good old Blighty! Pip pip!
    Deerstalkers? I thought that was a movie with Robert DeNiro, Meryl Streep and Christopher "More Cowbell" Walken? Just more evidence I need to expand my vocabulary...

A Deerstalker is the hat that Sherlock Holmes wears (fictional detective, you may have heard of him)
    Though I must say I prefer the good old Top Hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    A Deerstalker is the hat that Sherlock Holmes wears (fictional detective, you may have heard of him)
    Though I must say I prefer the good old Top Hat.
    "FICTIONAL"?!?!?!

Please, next you'll be saying there is no Platform Nine and Three-quarters!

And don't even start on Nessie!

By the way...doesn't Sherlock Holmes remind you of Tony Stark...rather than Russell Brand?
    [had to work hard to keep this post on topic...]

LOL @ "Nessie"... How I Met Your Mother... Love Jason Seagal
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...