Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Today I walked for a half an hour. Beautiful day! I ate a piece of cake with lunch though. I will just eat a light dinner to make up for it.
    I'm pretty sure the word 'exercise' comes from the spanish inquisition meaning 'to cause great pain, mostly mental anguish'.
    I was thinking last night when to end my exercise postings. I was going to say the end of the month, but that seems like such a long ways off. I'll just play it by ear for now.
    nice one on the walk iamtina, let me know how that lite dinner goes. For me, it always sounds like a good idea, but I never execute it too well.
    I was going to sneak by without doing anything, since it's usually quiet in here on Sundays, but I'll do my reps and walk since you posted iamtina. I didn't have any plans anyway except for turning on the tv and doing nothing.
    Time to get started.
    You plug your phone in?
  3.    #23  
    Hi everyone. I've been out all week due to illness. At first, it looked like I had pneumonia, but it's a very bad case of bronchitis. I'm still dealing with it.

This unfortunately has put the exercising on hold until I can recover. Good news is that having the body battling the illness is still getting me to loose some weight.

Nice to see others in here continuing on their health goals.
    Oh man. Nice to hear from you! I thought you were down for the count!
    I did my sets without thinking this morning. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was thinking "How am I going to get through this s$%t. Today, it was just--let's get these done.
    For any new people just checking out the thread-might as well do something while you're here! And post it. It's a beautiful day to start doing something!
    You plug your phone in?
    Hello all,

I lost posting here for few days mainly because last week i could do only 4 workout sessions!! (2 strength and 2 cardio sessions). Have to take care of my son for some nights so missed working out. Anyway I am back again this week. Today completed my 1 hour strength training exercise (upper body and abs).

@cyberpmg, i am sure you are feeling better now. take good rest for now. sometime our body need rest for few days!

woosh, looks like you are on track.. keep going.. good to see your posting every day.. hey how is your new touch pad?

@tina, i saw your post, welcome to this thread and hoping to see your post often.

M
    Last edited by solaimadhan; 03/12/2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: update
    solaimadhan, hi. Sounds like with you and kids, things come up! Oh well! I didn't get the TP yet, thanks for asking, and if you know me, I'll be gushing about it. There's going to be a whole new rash of "Please help me" threads when I get it!
    I did my reps woobly and shakey. My stomachs upset and it was a fitful night. I was just going to post 'did them, done, sick", but seeing your post cheered me up. Just feeling not good and it might be a struggle of a day.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    solaimadhan, hi. Sounds like with you and kids, things come up! Oh well! I didn't get the TP yet, thanks for asking, and if you know me, I'll be gushing about it. There's going to be a whole new rash of "Please help me" threads when I get it!
    I did my reps woobly and shakey. My stomachs upset and it was a fitful night. I was just going to post 'did them, done, sick", but seeing your post cheered me up. Just feeling not good and it might be a struggle of a day.
    Morning everyone! The reps went easier this morning and it didn't feel like I was on my first day. I had done a set last night and I think that's the reason. As far as I can remember, when I do a set at night, it makes the morning exercises easier. It's something I'm going to be experimenting with.
    I've been taking some photos along the way, and looked at the first and last of them last night. They're sorta interesting, and I'll be putting them up soon.
    o.k. I did my morning reps, did you? It's a beautiful day out there.
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hi everyone sorry for not posting. Been sick with for a few days so had to kinda put things on hold. Did get a good walk in last night when I went to pick up my prescription :-). On another note at the doctors I got to see hoe much I actually weigh, now to keep track where I end up at the end of March hopefully it will be down.

I have been getting my sets in everyday still except for Tuesday when I was just too sick to do anything. I've startled keeping a log of what I am doing each morning so I hopefully can begin to set goals for more reps soon.

Still not doing well with my eating goals. I feel I do well with making good choices about what I am eating, I eat my veggies, try to stick to lean meats, no fast food. I just seem to eat too much at certain meals and I have a snacking problem. Has anyone found a good way to help deal with the cravings? Sweets are still my weakness, even though they are so delicious.

glad to see people are still committed to the fitness challenge despite the illness and other life events. I know how any set backs can be tough to overcome looking forward to a healthier year.
    romeytang, did you run in to Cyberpmg at the Dr.'s? He's been pretty sick too. That's bad when the only walking you do is going to pick up a script! ha.
    I overeat at night all the time. I don't know if this is better, or practical, but when I want like ice cream or something major, I've been having a bowl of cereal. Like I said, I'm sure it's not a fantastic idea, but I think it's better than a bowl of ice cream.What kind of snacks are you grabbing for? Would like 'breathsavers' work? I was thinking of buying some to try last night.
    Bread. I've decided bread is bad in my life. I've been buying these unsliced rye, pumpernickle's, and wheat loaves and eating them because I thought they were sooo healthy. I'm not so sure. And when I slice them, I'm being pretty generous with the slices. A co worker bought me arbys yesterday, and I said thanks and ate my lowfat ham on rye instead. Looked up the nutritional value of them later and was glad I passed.
    Our old fitness threads are gone. They might be in archives or something. Anyway, I got to get started on my reps. You're still doing good if you post in here romeytang, I mean if it's a tool for you. And you're still doing you sets. It's good to see you!

Oh wow. I'm doing my sets, and wondering if I could eat between sets. That is definitely a thinking problem!

Done with sets, on to walk.
    romeytang, you post made everything go a lot easier.
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Woosh I usually have granola bars at my house and usually whole grain tortilla chips and a small amount of salsa or I grab some craisins. Usually its a craving for sweets I get. So I go for a granola bar or the craisins. My roommate has a candy dish with mini milky way bars, those don't help much.

I've tried switching over completely to whole grain breads like wheat when I do use bread. I don't know if I could ever get rid of it completely though as I just love sandwiches

Didn't feel like doing my sets this morning going to do them tonight and hopefully get a walk in too.

Glad I can help ya out updating here def helps me stay accountable gonna try this app I found for my current android phone called run keeper. Wonder if they have a webOS app, hoping I can get a Pre3 soon.
    hello guys,

This week so far is ok, missed couple of workout sessions! as usual baby sitting my kid. So far I did 1 hour of strength on Monday and 30 min of run/walk on Wednesday. Today back to strength training. Hopefully will hit the gym in the weekend and compensate the missed workout session over the week.

woosh, I also have cereal in the night when I feel hungry. I thought i was only one doing that! glad some one else is in same boat. I use 1% milk with it to avoid some saturated fat. I did not like it initially but now used to it. You are right that it is a way better than bowl of ice cream

M
    It's funny that you mention apps. I was just looking over intervalGym 2 Public BETA. Since I just do a few sets in the morning, and then walk, it doesn't seem to be for me.Correction, after looking it over again, I'm going to have to look it over again! The phrase 'hard workout' scared me off the first time. Anyway, check it out. The app Derek gave free copies out of looks good too. Sorry, I'm not more specific. someone's coming to help me with yard stuff and I have to get my reps in in a half hour. Good luck on your evening workout and walk romeytang.I have to get started on my stuff. I'm afraid of straying.
    solaimadhan, I do non-fat milk. Probably 1% would seem really really heavy to me now.
    and romeytang, I been thinking about snacks. If there were mini milky way bars in a dish sitting around, it wouldn't be good for me. Thankfully, I live alone. But I have been buying pretzels for awhile now. Since that's all I have to snack on, they're not bad. I do dried fruit sometimes, but that stuff has a lot of sugar in it. I always pick up fresh fruit--sometimes I eat it, a lot of times it goes bad
    I'm looking forward to weighing myself in a few days. I've never been more active, but that includes my appetite too, so we'll see...
    Last edited by woosh; 03/16/2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: update
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Been swamped with work and have done NOTHING. Going today to the dog park with the dogs. It is way to nice not to get out and the weather is supposed to turn back this weekend.
    Well, at least you're getting out and walking iamtina. And you'll be laughing at stuff at the dog park, laughing's always good.
    Spent all my weekend money on stupid food last night, ate a bunch of crap, then couldn't sleep because of all that stomach grumbling. And oh boy did I feel mentally bad! "There goes the workouts for tomorrow, I'll be beat and just laying around the house."
    This morning, did my pushups, crunches, reverse crunches, supermans, and squats with no problem. What? I don't know why. Now I'm getting my walk in. The verdict never is completely in until I try to do my reps. If I can't do them, then I can't do them for today. But that has never happened to me yet.
    My mind has an extensive list of why I can't do my reps- there's a small bit of truth in everything it comes up with, but I try not too take it too seriously.
    I was in a /fit/ thread last night, (they seem to help me out eating wise, if I check them out before eating). Anyway, guy lost 20 pounds, and one guy in the whole thread said "oh that's just water weight." and I remembered that.-out of all the good, I remembered the bad.Then it made me mad. What the heck, who cares what weight it is? Maybe someone does, but it doesn't apply to me.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm glad I have a place to post where no one screams or hollers and they let the post continue. I did hear that if they have a secret webOS announcement, they are going to post it in the fitness thread, because no one ever looks in here
    You plug your phone in?
    iamtina likes this.
    You know, it seems I love to talk!
    Since it's Sunday, traditionally the day of rest. I'll rest my cake hole today and this will be my shortest post.
    no rest for my body though.Did my reps.Going out walking now. What a sweet day! I have 14 bluebord boxes up and will be walking by them soon, looking for action!
    I had to move my tv 2" last night to get the serial number. Man, that was a mistake, I thought my back was going to be all screed up today-so far, so good.
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yesterday (Saturday) I walked for two hours. Not speed walking or anything like that, just a normal pace. It must have been fairly good because today I feel totally wiped out. I guess that is why. I am going to take it easy today and tomorrow being Monday I will do a workout video, either Pilates or one with weights, depending on how energetic I feel. Have a nice day.
  17.    #37  
    Hi everyone! I'm back (mostly) and feeling much better. Still working with the doc to take care of a few lingering things, but I'm back to my daily browsing of webOS Nation. During my illness, I did loose additional weight. I'm happy to report that I'm now down a total of 24 pounds since I started at the beginning of February..

Once the doc figures out the rest of my stuff, I'll get back into my exercise program. Will probably start over the intro cardio program that's on my wii system (using EA Sport's Active 2 game).

Gonna try bowling tonight. First time in two weeks. Should be interesting... lol! That's all from the funny farm. Glad to see others still at it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Woosh glad you finding this place a good place to share ideas,positive feedback always helps me so I am glad you found a place to share with in a friendly environment.

I used to buy fresh fruit all the time to go with my lunch as I brown bag it at work every day. But I found that I wasted a lot, partly cause it would spoil and partly cause I am picky. What I found was these fruit cups they make that are single serving containers, which helps with my portions.
    What is nice though is that the fruit is in 100% fruit juice instead of some syrup. Def much better than fruit covered on some syrup.

While lots of fruits do have lots of sugar I think its def better than chocolate bars any day.

What I am thinking of doing is keeping a point log each day as a way to give myself incentive for doing the healthy things I want to accomplish. What I would do is assign a number of points to each activity, such as 1 point for doing my daily exercises, 1 point for eating a balanced meal, one for not snacking on terrible foods. I may come up with some other things. The idea is that at the end of the week or whenever I can "cash in" the points for a treat of some sorts. Anyone think this is a good idea? I like incentives so figured anything to help.

Glad to hear people had good weekends too. Iamtina, any activity outside is definitely hood and much better spent than on a couch watching a movie lol.

I unfortunately was guilty of a bit of laziness this weekend. Felt like crud so I just slept Saturday. Sunday walked around a local zoo for an hour or so. Then helped out the girlfriend at the farm where her horse lives which is pretty typical Sunday. Got back to my exercises this morning so hopefully I am back on track.

Good luck at bowling cyberpmg

Sorry for the long post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm back (mostly) and feeling much better. Still working with the doc to take care of a few lingering things, but I'm back to my daily browsing of webOS Nation. During my illness, I did loose additional weight. I'm happy to report that I'm now down a total of 24 pounds since I started at the beginning of February..
    Gonna try bowling tonight. First time in two weeks. Should be interesting... lol! That's all from the funny farm. Glad to see others still at it.
    Who's the new guy? 24 pounds! Amazing. Way to go!
    romey was talking of fruit and I found a bag of frozen blueberries last night. That was a good ice cream substitite-really good just eating by the handful. I ended up with a smurf hand, but they're really good. try em. That and homemade popsickles. I cam make them as sugary or sugar free as I want. Popsickles are what I've been going to at night.
    Tina I'm glad you hurt after your walk. I know, you think "I'm hurting from walking?" But yeah, I know.
    First time I did my sets this evening instead of morning. (I was lazy about them.) Walked and worked and it was a good day.
    You plug your phone in?
  20.    #40  
    Bowling started out good, but my energy levels dropped as the night wore on. 215 + 164 + 150 = 529

I need to build up some more strength. I'm sure I'll get back to normal real soon. Still battling to get info from my current doctor. May change doctors soon if I still don't get any replies from this one.

Of the weight lost, 15 - 16 pounds are from a combination of the illness and a more simplified diet. I've been having oatmeal, large OJ, and coffee for breakfast, bowl of soup for lunch, and a sensible dinner. I would even have 2 oreo cookies in the evening as a small treat. Oh.. and tons of water drinking throughout the day.

I'm gonna see if I can continue on this simplified eating program. Now that I'm trying to get back into my normal routines (work, life, etc.), it will be interesting to see if this works. At work, I'm going to plan for salads for lunch and a sensible dinner. Today I was rushed for work and grabbed an egg McMuffin, but want to keep with the oatmeal breakfasts.

My goal for exercising is to restart the cardio program next week. The bowling this week will help to ramp me back up to get going again.

I can tell that the clothes are fitting much better. No more snug fits.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast