Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Well, for the last week, my goal was to run for 30 minutes on the treadmill at 5.5mph. I started this whole journey out at 20 minutes at 5.5mph with a walk in the middle, so I have seen some improvement.

I have managed to excercise 2 out of the 3 times I have planned, and I managed to run for a full 30 minutes both times. Just one more to do tomorrow. I think that I can.

For the future, my goal is to increase my speed from 5.5mph to 6.0mph. I hope to have that accomplished by the end of March. I am still debating whether or not to start monitor my calorie intake. Probably won't do that until April. Just not feeling that yet.

Thanks for the challenge. It has been fun, and I hope that I keep this up, because I know it is good for me.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Continuing on from the first three weeks now with 20 minutes on the NordicTrack, Calisthenics, and healthy food and have added strength training on the home gym
    Thursday, March 1st - still getting over the cough and can't take 2 steps on the NT without it starting up again (better luck tomorrow) - anyway had grilled fish for supper with steamed veggys
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Got up and felt Luke crud, but still managed to get my morning exercise in. Was able to get another set done. I was able to do 45 crunches, 45 bicycle crunches and 35 squats. Going to keep trying to push for more sets. I am also going to try to decrease the time between sets as well.

Doubling down on eating healthier as well. Gonna be fun to try since this weekend is my brothers birthday party. On the bright side its been about 3 months since I last had ice cream :-) which I such better than my usual once a week habit.

Really great to see that there are other people working on being healthier. Having a forum yo discuss and update people really helps me stay with it. Keep it up everyone.
    Alright well, the thread looks like it's continuing. If people start going somewhere else to post daily, send me a pm plox. My sets were harder than they've ever been, and I can't but help thinking it's because the contest's over. I need a place to post daily though-otherwise I'm gonna do nada.
    Walk time--I'm moving slooow, but I'm moving.
    You plug your phone in?
    Last evening was really great because I ran for 45 min. And I was ready to get some rest, my wife asked me to walk with her and our son and I said (difficult to say no when they ask with that innocent face!!), man we walked only for 35 minutes but I felt like we were walking for hours... totally exhausted. So total walk/run time is 1:20 hr. Good start in the beginning of the month!

FItness Activity:
    Mar 1: 45 Min of running (cardio) Avg Speed: 4.34mph, calories burnt: 431, Distance: 3.26 miles,
    35 min of casual walk. Avg Speed: 2.64mph, Distance: 1.54 miles

M
    @woosh: yep the contest is over, so we lose our enthusiasm for sure. I guess that is why I log whatever I do every day in a paper (2 sheet for a month). This keeps me focused and encouragement. Hopefully you can log your activities and see how it works for you.

By the way I am logging my routine for the last 3.5 months. And thinking about this, I never worked out continuously for such a long period of time. So logging my workout definitely helping me big time.

M
    Thought I would start up a new webOS Fitness Thread for continued posting on our daily journies towards better health and fitness....

http://forums.webosnation.com/off-to...ss-thread.html

This way we can keep these threads for just the Fitness Month activity.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Since 2/29: cycling x2; swimming x2.
    Total time: 3:35:01
    So when do they announce the winners of the prizes?
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    That's a good question, Chris. I have a feeling that those who have won have already been notified.

Would have been nice to get my hands on a TouchPad. Never really got a chance to play with one.

At least this got me started exercising and eating better. That's a win right there!
  11.    #51  
    Winners will be announced tomorrow.

Don't let the end of February be the end of fitness! You're getting in better shape - keep it up!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post

Don't let the end of February be the end of fitness! You're getting in better shape - keep it up!
    Absolutely! Had started before Feb, certainly plan to continue after.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    I finally, finally got my gf to hit the bike with me today. I bought her a very nice, expensive pair of jeans, a size too small. She loves them. She can't wait to get into them. Well.. lol.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post

I have no plans of stopping now. I started measuring my weight during the 3rd week of the month. In the past 2 weeks, I've dropped 8 pounds. I'm well on my way to a better me! Will be doing more exercising this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
    I have no plans of stopping now. I started measuring my weight during the 3rd week of the month. In the past 2 weeks, I've dropped 8 pounds. I'm well on my way to a better me! Will be doing more exercising this weekend.
    I'm posting here and in your new thread Cyberpmg. I don't know what's going on but I got exercises to do! I'll figure it out afterwards!
    Hey people. It's a new month if you haven't started yet, or--if you did staart before and then had to bow out. There's still time to get a lot of work done before summer starts. Work that can and will make a difference.
    Here's Cyberpmg's thread http://forums.webosnation.com/off-to...ss-thread.html
    Here's my update.
    Morning Cyberpmg. How often you weigh yourself? Last time you mentioned losing 1.5 lbs, and I thought that was for a week? Maybe it was the cold thing you mentioned. Anyway, congratulations on that. Your endurance has really improved dramatically since you started over a month ago.
    I did half of my sets and will finish them in a second. There's an exercise infomercial on right now, which is telling me finish my reps.
    I didn't walk yesterday. First time since we started I didn't .I did my reps, and I tried towalk , but didn't.-And I was really bummed. So, I'm up early today doing my stuff and planning on walking right away before my body wants to quit working.
    Best of luck to everyone. Things might be getting harder now since there's no prize. But with support, encouragement, and sticking together, we can keep going on.
    I don't have an expertise, but can offer encouragement. I'm just a pm away.
    enough yapping. gotta go do stuff.
    You plug your phone in?
    FItness Activity:
    Mar 1: 45 Min of running (cardio) Avg Speed: 4.34mph, calories burnt: 431, Distance: 3.26 miles,
    35 min of casual walk. Avg Speed: 2.64mph, Distance: 1.54 miles
    Mar 2: 60 min of Strength workout (lower body and abs)
    Mar 3: Rest day
  17.    #57  
    Yesterday became today which became winners day!

Grand Prize (32GB HP TouchPad, Touchstone charger, Bluetooth keyboard, and folio case): woosh!

Weekly prizes (TouchPad Touchstone charging dock): camiller, Cyberpmg, solaimadhan, and romeytang!

Check your PM folder for more info. Congratulations to all our winners and to everybody who participated in Mobile Nations Fitness Month - health is the best prize of all.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Congrats to all the winners! Keep up the good work.
    Derek, thanks again for having the contest. It really helped get my motivation up. Now I gotta shop for a touchpad...
    --Chris

Palm History:

20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Derek, thanks again for having the contest. It really helped get my motivation up. Now I gotta shop for a touchpad...
    D'oh.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123