Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By akitayo
  1.    #1  
    Oscars 2012: Best Picture.

Which of them do you think is the best picture for this year Oscar.

2.    #2  
    I will divide the pictures in categories.

Despite Hugo is a better picture than the Artist, this last has some similitaries making references from the starts of the movies, like Hugo

Hugo (Recommended to watch it all the way to the end to feel the movie message)
    The Artist ( Black and White movie) ( A wonderful work of the well trained dog)

Spielberg makes a wonderful family story taking the first world war as scenario, with a very well trained horses.

War Horse

If you like to see how statistics are used in baseball to pick low payed players with good skills this is the movie. Yale, Economics and baseball.

MoneyBall

Is a non common answer to the world from a betrayed husband with a dying wife
    The Descendants

A real US story with strong actresses skills.

The Help

I will classsify these ones as watch them twice to understand them.

Extremely Loud Incredible Close
    The Tree of Life

I personally like HUGO for best picture.
    W00sh likes this.
    It didn't win best picture, but it picked up 5 other Oscars...And Meryl picked up Oscar #3 for Iron Lady.
    I thought it was a pretty good show.
    You plug your phone in?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    It didn't win best picture, but it picked up 5 other Oscars...And Meryl picked up Oscar #3 for Iron Lady.

I thought it was a pretty good show.
    The Oscars Academy board was romantic this time with the old silent movies kind. However The Artist is not a bad movie but not as good as Hugo. IMHO.

Meryl is an extraordinary professional actress, she can perform anything.

Yeah, Billy Cristal as host made the difference, too.