Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Mobile Nations Fitness Month continues!

So let's hear it - how have you progressed, and what are your goals for this week?

Last week was a bit rough for me. I faltered and it's difficult to motivate myself to recover.

But I have. I'm back on track (did a two-mile run this morning) and feeling good about it. Helps that it's relatively warm for February and the sun is rising earlier and earlier, forcing my out of bed - no curtains or blinds in my house, so when the sun's up, I'm generally up too.

Tomorrow, back to the upper/lower body anerobic workout I laid out last week. It works, so long as I stick with it. That's the catch.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    vimak and Sukiyaki like this.
    Still plowing ahead... I'm tempted to start running outside instead of on the treadmill with the winter weather (or lack thereof) the way it is here. As from the previous two weeks, I've increased my time by another 5 mins and added more reps and weight. I've dropped down to only having 2300 cals a day and eating much more healthy foods as part of a routine too. The lbs keep dropping off.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I have been doing really good! I was able to run a full mile this week in under 8 minutes. I haven't done that since my freshman year in high school! Feels great!
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Been keeping with it, doing 30min workouts each day. Did a 2 mile treadmill run this morning in about 20min.

Starting some kind of Bruce Lee martial arts workout with a neighbor tomorrow so that should be fun.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Alright, week two was good, except that I did not hit one target i.e. zero alcohol.

Repeating my routine from week two for this week

1. Zero alcohol !
    2. A Total of one hour exercise during lunch break consisting of the following :
    - 15 minutes on cross trainer, burn atleast 200 cals (as shown on the dashboard of the machine)
    - 3 sets of chest muscle exercises on Kinesis machine while lunging forward
    - 3 sets of biceps
    - 3 sets of triceps by pulling the ropes down
    - squats with 8kg weight.
    - sideways plank - count to 20
    and stretch!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Week 3 goals: 3x running, 3x cycling, 3x swimming.

2/15: 50 minute trainer ride
    2/16: 3 mile run
    2/17: 40 minute trainer ride & 1 hour/2800 yd swim

Total workout time for Week 3: 3:05:31
    solaimadhan likes this.
    week 3 goal: Manage to keep this thread open so I can report back without having to spend 20 minutes digging.
    Alternative goal: Manage to stay alive and continue doing this. I can't believe how out of shape I am. Being a professional programmer is even worse for your body than being a professional poker player . Also, the scale hasn't moved a bit since my first picture back in thread 1.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    walked 3 miles
    Tai Chi
    Stretching
    Not the best week (vicious head cold), but still down 10 pounds from start weight, and feeling better now so the exercise starts again tomorrow!
    i have to say im not ashamed now of the fact i was a fitness freak (not by choice however) but now am quite happy to sit back and vegitate and enjoy doing lots of not-much.

think i saw a quote on jack handy or some similar type of place, it said.

"Stay fit, stay healthy....... die eventually anyways"

11.    #11  
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Well, thanks to your prodding, I've started up on the treadmill again. I'm shooting for 20 minutes every morning.
    been great. where's my touchpad or Xbox that I was promised?
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Hang in there eblade.I think I put on weight this past week-I haven't weighed myself yet, so not sure it's true. I'll weigh myself next time I go over to Mom's, (never bought a scaale, as I knew I'd get just obsessive about it.)
    But I'm not sweating it. It does challenge me to be more aware of my food choices during the day, (and night). Exercising does make me a little hungrier, and I have this twisted idea I'm going to burn it off. HA! Everything in moderation including moderation.Eblade, if you need any encouragement, you're welcome to pm me. So far so good for me.
    Added reverse crunches this week. So, 3 sets of pushups, situps, squats, and reverse crunches finished this morning. I'm do my 40 minute walk around lunchtime.
    And Gamer765, you might want to have someone look into a glitch in the search function. I'm finding this is your first post in the fitness threads!
    You plug your phone in?
    I'm maintaining my low carb menu and incorporating more walking. I haven't weighed myself this week, but my clothes are definitely looser!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Continuing on from the first and second weeks with 15 minutes on the NordicTrack, Calisthenics, and healthy food. Key milestones:
    -No Junk food since this thing has started
    -increased Nordic Track workout from 15 to 20 minutes
    -lost a couple of pounds and feel great
    Thursday, Feb 16th - Back to routine, dinner was homemade Mac&Cheese
    Friday, Feb 17th - felt lazy and did not exercise, dinner was spaghetti
    Saturday and Sunday - lazy weekend, just could not get going to exercise but did some work cleaning the basement, still avoiding the junk food though - Monday is a new day!!!
    Monday, Feb 20th - back to routine - 20 mins NT, Cal and diner was scrambled hamburger and veggys with cheese
    Tuesday, Feb21st - mixed it up a bit tonight - 20 mins NT then some strength training on the home gym - 2 sets 15 reps each of seated leg extensions and 2 sets of 15 reps each of chest flyers (each with 15# resistance) - dinner was chicken soup and toasted cheese sandwiches
    Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - terrible upper resp. infection, coughing my guts out - hopefully will clear up by this weekend
    Saturday to today (Wednesday) - still sick but starting to feel better and the cough is subsiding - still heating healthy though!!!!
    Last edited by PalmLives; 02/29/2012 at 07:01 PM.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    A month ago I purchased Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 for the Xbox 360 with Kinect. I set up all the initial data and my desired goals, and it has me on a program of working out 3-4 times a week for 30-40 minutes. I've lost about 4 lbs (wasn't necessarily my goal) and feel much more toned (was my goal). I enjoy the workouts way more than any other programs I've done, and it motivates me to eat better to make it count! So for what it's worth, I'd recommend going that route if you are a gamer and want to get in better shape! I even do the Yoga stuff now!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Trying to walk daily when possible. Snow, ice on road sometimes causes me to ride stationary bike at home. Eating more veggies and protein, less carbs. Will pick up pace of outdoor walks when weather permits. Goal is to loose 5 lbs during this contest.
  19.    #19  
    Starting today I'm kicking things into high gear. Instead of alternating days between running or strength, I'm shooting to do both every day.

Going back and forth on whether to take days off. Just do weekdays maybe?
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    This week was a setback for me. For Valentines day, we made fried calamari, and a nutella cheesecake dessert (I'm sure she got the recipe off that pintrest site...). We had leftovers for 2 days.

Even though I didn't stay strong with my eating goals, I still ended up losing another pound for the week. This week, my goal is, again, to not cheat, continuing to eliminate the bad carbs. Also, I wanna add a couple more vegetables into my meal plan. Almost at my goal weight. Then I'll set my sights toward the workouts.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast