Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Lot'sof good comments and workouts the last 24 hours.
    I'm glad I watched this after my workout, because it tired me out just watching it!

Started the morning with a big bowl of homemade Greek yogurt and blueberries (It's super easy to make yogurt)
    Did my regular set, but dropped the sit-ups 'cause my tailbone really hurts. If it hurts less tomorrow, I'll start them again. Cleaning up the sloppiness in my routines. I know now if I've done a decent set, or if I need to add something for the day. Didn't have to go through any mental gymnastics to get started today-I just did them. Maybe this is the start of them becoming part of my mind!
    After lunch, the walk.
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Well got a little side tracked yesterday, had cheese steak pizza from the local pizza shop. Probably not my best decision but I am hoping that if I can get a good work out in tonight I can stay on track. Anyone with tips on how to curb the bad eating habits? I seem to cave to peer pressure too often.

I've even contemplated dropping cheese from my diet altogether I can definitely see all the terrible foods that accompany cheese. Anyone hear anything good or bad about doing so? Would this be a good idea or bad idea?
    Bumped my running up to 30 min with a 2 min "rest" in the middle. Upped the free weight weight as well for 3 sets of 10
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Oops! Forgot my exercises yesterday morning. Luckily wrestling was on in the evening, plowed through some leg lifts (man those hurt) and 60 crunches with ease.

Feels good to make progress.
    I'm still continuing with my exercise program. I find out that the program keeps changing exercises so you're doing something different each day. I like that. Keeps it from getting boring. After completing my exercise last night, my legs were worn out. Was able to rest a bit after a shower and dinner to recoup.

I'm noticing that my weight seems to be fluxuating each day. Down one day... up the next day. Is this common? All I know is that I'm still continuing with eating better and the exercise.

Need to work more on doing the different squats better. Seems hard to do deep knee bends. The program has me doing regular squats along with the kind that has one leg forward and one leg backwards and almost kneeling down. The body doesn't want to bend like that... lol. I'm sure I'll get there eventually.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Week 3 results - cycling x5, running x1, swimming x1.

Total workout time: 4:32:25
    Hey Cyberpmg, what program are you using that gives you something different every day? I did a quick search of your posts and didn't find it.

Well, yesterday I said these were starting to be part of my mind. Please note, do not read any positive emotions into that! Everything is hard to do and it all hurts today. I have another rep to do, but had to take a break and post. I didn't do the sit ups again today, and I my back doesn't hurt again. Sit ups are so ingrained into me with exercise. So when I do exercises I always do them. That's has nothing to do with them being good or bad.-they seem like they would be good. But I'm putting reverse squats in there, and they sort of work the general area.
    I'm chatty today, but I'm glad I posted. I was really crabby and hurting- but not so much now and ready for the next set.
    I'm going to try walk before lunch today-that's pretty cool because I've always had to wait a few hours before doing that. We'll see how it goes.
    (off topic--I've been watching the woot off the last 24 hours waiting for a touchpad to come up. I found out a lot of people are waiting for them to come up. I'm guessing this means it's going to be mob buying mentality when they do show up. I tried to come up with a number I'd spend for one- I'm thinking 175--shipped. Woot does that, I'll buy it.
    Thanks for reading this post, but it does not exempt you from any of your routines!
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    Hey Cyberpmg, what program are you using that gives you something different every day? I did a quick search of your posts and didn't find it.
    Hi woosh!

I'm using EA Sport's Active 2 on my Wii console. It comes with a flash drive to record the activities of each exercise, a giant rubber band for resistance training, a heart pulse monitor (worn on arm), and a leg position monitor.

After you enter in your information (age, height, weight, avitar appearance), you can also get online to share your exercise results with others, join groups for scheduled training and encouragement, design your own workout routines, or you can go solo with the programs own training program.

Since I'm new to this, I selected a 21 day cardio program at the beginner level. That's recommended to introduce people to exercising and get into it. After that, you can move into a 9 week program and choose your goals (loose weight, improve flexibility, improve strength, or a combination of all).

For my cardio program, it's a 30 minute program that includes various warm up and cool down routines, and various main exercise routines. It's all done to look like you (your avitar) is at a desert fitness resort. Some activities are sport themed (cycling, soccer, basketball, etc.) that combines different moves together (mountain biking uses squats, jumps, and running in place).

On Tuesday after my first day of exercise, I felt it in my shoulders. Today after yesterday's exercise, I'm feeling it in my legs. The 21 day programs has me exercising 4 days a week. Tonight will be day 3 for the week. Not sure if I can do it on Thursday (bowling league), and I'm going to be out of town Friday through Sunday. I think I'll be able to get in my 4th day on Sunday.
    Yesterday I ran for 45 min and covered 3.18 miles (little over 5K) . I am seeing some good improvements in my stamina. I did 4.5 min of running and 1.5 min of walking and repeating that for 7 times and then cooling down. Oh I also kept the incline to 3.0. It feels great after the run. Usually after completing my runs I need good rest for couple of hours and now these days I just relax for a few minutes and shower and ready for the other daily routines. Never felt like this before. Running my first 5K this spring/summer is done deal!

Fitness Activity:
    Feb 1: 55 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 2: 40 min on elliptical (cardio) - Calories Burnt: 372
    Feb 3: 45 Min of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 4 & 5 : Rest day! (could not get out yesterday bcoz of super bowl and also taking care of my son)
    Feb 6: 1 hour of strength training (Upper body and abs)
    FEb 7: 40 Min on elliptical (usual cardio routine) - Calories Burnt: 365
    Feb 8: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 9: 45 Min on elliptical (Cardio) - Calorie burnt: 415
    Feb 10: Just walked for a while (15 min or so)
    Feb 11: Rest day!
    Feb 12: Lazy day!
    Feb 13: 60 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 14: 45 min of running (Cardio) Avg speed: 4mph, calories burnt: 373, Distance: 2.89
    Feb 15: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 16: 40 min of running (Cardio) Avg speed: 3.9mph, calories burnt: 349, Distance: 2.66
    Feb 17: 1 hour of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 18: Rest Day!
    Feb 19: 35 Min of running (cardio) Avg Speed: 4.1mph, calories burnt: 310, Distance: 2.38 miles
    Feb 20: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 21: 45 Min of running (cardio) Avg Speed: 4.24mph, calories burnt: 410, Distance: 3.18 miles

M
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    After eating more, bulking up for a ski trip, keeping meals smaller was not an option. Afterwards, my body is burning more food, asking for more. not sure how good that will turn out.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I am sticking to my plan better this week. Feels good to keep plans fulfilled!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Completed day 3 of exercising. While my weight seems to fuxuate day by day, it looks like I've been able to drop a pound. Won't be able to do any tonight due to my bowling league. Looks like I'm slowly heading in the right direction!
    Keeping up on the running this week.

Monday on the elliptical machine at home, and runs on Wednesday and Thursday so far.

Luckily, I was once again motivated to "put a little extra" into my long run and pushed it another mile this week, up to 8 miles. The trail I was running on has mile markers, and I realized I was going to turn around 0.25 miles from the end/beginning of the trail if I just did my goal of 7.5 miles. So, I wanted to see the beginning and did the extra half mile required. Too bad that last 0.25 was all uphill!! Ouch, but on the plus side, when I turned around it was 0.25 downhill.

I would put my endomondo statistics up, but have not figured out how to do that yet. I believe I did save an image with my last 7 days activities, which I will post here.

Keep it up everyone!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Glad to hear people are sticking to their goals. Cyberpmg keep it up and you'll be doing great. I don't usually weigh myself but I do notice some changes in my waist. Definitely the best part is just how much better I feel.

I got my strength exercises in this morning. Still can only do three sets of pushups but I am trying, sure ill make progress.

To get some more cardio in I was thinking of buying an exercise bike or a wii game for exercise. Anyone know if one would be better than another for just getting some movement and get my cardio up?
    Once you start on them----they aren't bad! I did not want to start this morning, I was hurting and just not interested, I started really late. But once i got down there and started, it wasn't too bad. And it feels so good when you're done. It all counts you know. That's my real-life pep talk for the day. I have to quit listening to my brain-that puts more energy into thinking of reasons why not to do reps than if I actually do them.
    Did my reps and added 2 reps of sit ups. Now it's walk time.
    noticed yesterday my walking has been averaging about 50 minutes-which is better than the 30 I started with.

Cyberpmg said

"I'm using EA Sport's Active 2 on my Wii console. It comes with a flash drive to record the activities of each exercise, a giant rubber band for resistance training, a heart pulse monitor (worn on arm), and a leg position monitor. ....."

I see they have it for the PS3 too. O.K. I'm going to look into it. I see it gets 4 stars, which looks good. You know, Two Christmas's ago, when I couldn't move, I bought a wii to keep me company. I just Waaaaaaaa'd for weeks when I got it and realized I bought a motioned controlled unit....and couldn't move! So I bought a PS3 a month later.
    I might be able to handle that Sport's Active 2. I'll look into it.
    You plug your phone in?
    Cyberpmg likes this.
    The week ends on a positive note. Had a good night at bowling last night... 203 + 185 + 162 = 550 OK... I kind of ran out of steam on the last game... LOL.

Did my weigh-in this morning. Earlier in the week, I was as a max of 356.0 pounds. I'm now down to 352.8 pounds. That's a total loss of 3.2 pounds.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but will keep watch on what I eat. Plan to return to my exercises when I get back on Sunday. Everyone have a great weekend!
    Lot of good posts above me. I can related to them all. I bought Cyberpmg's Sport's Active 2 for $10 at a store last night. There was an overweight guy on youtube demonstrating it, so I thought if he can do it, maybe I can. Speaking of youtube, I was at livestrong's channel between sets this morning, reviewing how the crunches, reverse crunches, supermans, squats and push up's should be done. They're only 2 minutes long and were helpful.
    Did the four above, and will be walking here soon.
    Reminder to self: forget the situps, and be careful with the crunches.
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Morning exercises went well this morning. I am proud that I was able to work up the gumption, I felt so lazy this morning :-)

Up to three sets of squats now. 45 crunches this morning and some bicycle kicks as well. Felt good this morning.

Its getting warmer up here in PA so I am hoping that in addition to my morning exercise I can get some walks in as well.
    Missed to post my activity for last couple of days. Here you go.. I know i just keep repeating the same old things again and actually it gives me a good boost to do the workouts consistently. As I said in my earlier post, even though I am not losing weight, I am at least seeing some changes in my waist size and I am excited about!

Fitness Activity:
    Feb 1: 55 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 2: 40 min on elliptical (cardio) - Calories Burnt: 372
    Feb 3: 45 Min of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 4 & 5 : Rest day! (could not get out yesterday bcoz of super bowl and also taking care of my son)
    Feb 6: 1 hour of strength training (Upper body and abs)
    FEb 7: 40 Min on elliptical (usual cardio routine) - Calories Burnt: 365
    Feb 8: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 9: 45 Min on elliptical (Cardio) - Calorie burnt: 415
    Feb 10: Just walked for a while (15 min or so)
    Feb 11: Rest day!
    Feb 12: Lazy day!
    Feb 13: 60 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 14: 45 min of running (Cardio) Avg speed: 4mph, calories burnt: 373, Distance: 2.89
    Feb 15: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 16: 40 min of running (Cardio) Avg speed: 3.9mph, calories burnt: 349, Distance: 2.66
    Feb 17: 1 hour of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 18: Rest Day!
    Feb 19: 35 Min of running (cardio) Avg Speed: 4.1mph, calories burnt: 310, Distance: 2.38 miles
    Feb 20: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 21: 45 Min of running (cardio) Avg Speed: 4.24mph, calories burnt: 410, Distance: 3.18 miles
    Feb 22: 55 Min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 23: Day Skipped

M
    I think we're due for a #4 thread. Us slackers should be grateful February is the shortest month!

For us daily posters, what are we going to do on Thursday-which is March 1st. We're going to continue with new threads, right? Unless you wanna meet someplace else, i think we should just continue it.. More on this later, as it's only Saturday, and I don't want to think too far ahead. But these threads have been a source of great inspiration and motivation.
    Did my four sets of pushups, crunches, supermans, reverse crunches and squats. Snow and 60MPH winds here today. will find out if the winds at my back going out or coming back!
    If you're new, there's no time like right now to get started doing Anything.
    Here's a link to the first thread and some of the suggestions http://forums.webosnation.com/off-to...-week-1-a.html
    Post what you do, no matter how small, and then come back tomorrow and post.
    You plug your phone in?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast