Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great to see lot of people working out consistently. Great job to everyone and keep going.

Myself yesterday again missed the workout routine because of my afternoon nap time!!
    Today I planned to start the strength training as usual and the goal for this week is to do 3 training and 3 cardio sessions.

Fitness Activity:
    Feb 1: 55 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 2: 40 min on elliptical (cardio) - Calories Burnt: 372
    Feb 3: 45 Min of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 4 & 5 : Rest day! (could not get out yesterday bcoz of super bowl and also taking care of my son)
    Feb 6: 1 hour of strength training (Upper body and abs)
    FEb 7: 40 Min on elliptical (usual cardio routine) - Calories Burnt: 365
    Feb 8: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 9: 45 Min on elliptical (Cardio) - Calorie burnt: 415
    Feb 10: Just walked for a while (15 min or so)
    Feb 11: Rest day!
    Feb 12: Lazy day!

M
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have been keeping well with my daily strength exercises. Did so many on saturday that my legs were burning, no pain no gain I guess. I am feeling good that I can do more reps as the days have gone by. Might start throwing some free weights into the mix soon.
  3.    #43  
    Confession time. I failed miserably alst week. I managed to run once and do the upper/lower body workout once.

No excuses. Gotta get my **** into gear this week.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Saturday walked for an hour, forgot to log it on the GPS, but certainly logged over two miles. Sunday nothing, but today it snowed all day, so my workout was bringing the firewood in and stacking some on the porch. I did have to throw the snow covered ball for the Border Collie while stacking the wood as well. I think I got a pretty good workout.
    Still doing the same thing. My gut has stopped hurting like hell constantly, only hurts like hell when I'm actually doing situps. Otherwise it doens't bother me too much. Yay. Another 6 months of this and I might be back to a shape that isn't round. Or just in a lot of pain. heh
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It was a struggle at bowling last night... 154 + 203 + 165 = 522 Was potting a lot of energy into the game, but the pins just weren't falling for me. Still... was keeping very active throught the evening... good from a fitness perspective.

Was going to calibrate the Fitness Appz app on my FrankenPrie 2, but was sidetracked upon hearing news of someone I used to work with a few years ago suddenly pass away. He had a heart condition that caused it. He was only 49. Will be using this as an additional motivation to stick to eating healthy and getting on a physical fitness routine.

Found out the scale takes lithium batteries, so I have to get them. Will be "busy" tonight for Valentine's Day. I am feeling more and more positive about this. I'm amazed what others are doing who have already been in an exercise routine. Not sure when I can get to those levels, but it's something to aspire to!
    I had a good upper body and abs workout last evening! and today planning to do 45 min of cardio

Fitness Activity:
    Feb 4 & 5 : Rest day! (could not get out yesterday bcoz of super bowl and also taking care of my son)
    Feb 13: 60 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.

M
    Some amazing workouts in this thread.
    I did my three sets, which are getting harder instead of easier. On one handIi wonder about taking a day off, on the other hand I worry a day might turn into years.
    Will walk here in a bit.
    Walked around grocery store last night with a half gallon of ice cream under my arm. Ended up putting it back because I knew I'd go home, log in to see what was new here, and then I'd have to post "Hey guys, guess who's sitting here with a spoon in a half gallon of ice cream?. " So my habit of posting everyday is a good one.
    Everyone, have a nice Valentine's day. And if you're alone, like me, you can do something healthy for yourself and feel good about it.
    Hope to see another post from you soon Derek.
    eblade, I don't think 6 months ahead. I'm afraid of that, as too many things can go wrong-for me, anyway.
    I always come here just to post what I did, and then end up posting a paragraph.
    Thanks for everyone's posts, I know I can't do it alone.
    You plug your phone in?
    Update, did the cardio last night. C25K on the treadmill. Had planned to switch to morning workouts only to notice last night that my daughter had to serve 6:30 mass this morning, and Wednesday and Thursday as well. Will try to get evening workouts in this week and switch to mornings next week. Not sure if the wife is going to let me go to the gym for valentines day...
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    Ok, so i had goals from the beginning, but have not gotten them posted yet. I used to be a runner, 4 mini marathons and one full under my belt; but I have basically taken the last two to three years off. I have been getting back into it and have the goal of running at least 3 days a week, more if possible, and increasing my long run each week by half a mile. This all actually started in Jan. but I am rolling it into this challenge.

So far success. This week I actually got motivated on my long run, today, and bumped it a full mile to 7 miles. Last week it was 6 and the weeks before; 5.5, 5, 4.5, & 4. Each week has seen 3 plus days of running as well!

I will keep up next week and through the month.

BTW, I use Endomondo to track my running and elliptical training. It is great when outside, but this time if year it is good for manual entry when the runs are on the treadmill.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    totally forgot my workout yesterday, back on track today though. My arms workout is def getting easier, still can't get past three sets of pushups though.

ttally fell off the wagon with my snacking and healthy eating goals, these girl scout cookies aren't helping either. They just came in today, luckily most are PB which I hate. Anyone know a good app to track food intake that isn't overly complicated to manage?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Confession time. I failed miserably alst week. I managed to run once and do the upper/lower body workout once.

No excuses. Gotta get my **** into gear this week.
    You can do it Derek, you have the whole WebOS Nation "rooting" for you.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    romeytang, I haven't found an app for that, yet, that I like. Maybe someone else will post. I might have to put my exercises on my 'tasks' Just so i can check off my awesomeness every day!
    Doing sets while my steel-cut oats are cooking. I already know what I'm doing next week for my add on and that's exciting!
    Have been listening to ***- podcast last few days while walking. He's an old burned out comedian who interviews other old burned out comedians

I've been unable to move the last year and a half . My first routine was getting out of bed and moving to the floor And that's all I was able to do until Derek started the original thread, and there was some small stuff I thought I'd take a chance on. Well, this story sounds boring to me today.
    I'll walk at lunchtime. Freezing ice and rain now, but it should warm up in 2 hours.
    Good luck to anyone doing whatever they're doing today. If you get mad at me being annoying, do another rep!
    You plug your phone in?
    Yesterday I did 45 min of running on Treadmill (averaging 4 mph) after a very long time. I used to do the elliptical for the same amount of time, but running is harder (may be doing for first time!!) and also increases the heart rate a lot faster! my leg is hurting a little bit now even though I was working out for last 2-3 months. So changing the exercise pattern is really helpful so our body muscle do not get used the routine. I need to change my lower and upper body exercise again by end of this month!

Fitness Activity:
    Feb 14: 45 min of running (Cardio) Avg speed: 4mph, calories burnt: 373, Distance: 2.89

M
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I have had a cold and swimmers ear since the beginning of this fitness week, so I took three days off and did not hit my goals.

2/8-2/14: 1x run , 1x swim, 3x cycling

Total training time: 2:52:12
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Pulled a muscle in my back so going to just do stretches today. Way too much snow for walking anyway.

romeytang: No app - free online log at Spark People if that will help.
    @dgcorn: hope you are ok now. I am sure you can catch up with your goals from this week. Good luck

Today as usual did my lower body and abs exercise. My body started taking the workouts easily. So as I said, it is time to change to different exercise now.

Fitness Activity:
    Feb 14: 45 min of running (Cardio) Avg speed: 4mph, calories burnt: 373, Distance: 2.89
    Feb 15: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)

M

Repetition strengthens and confirms.
    Did my three sets, and will walk soon. The pre-set stuff is the hardest part. When I get on the floor and actually start, it's not too bad.
    If you have a motivation song, please post it.

iamtina, you've used sparkpeople yourself?

Tomorrow's Friday ! I might use it as a free day food wise if I can find a recipe that sounds good.
    You plug your phone in?
    Well, this is shaping up to be a pretty well blown week for me. Wife kept me home Tuesday, Wednesday our son got a cold AND father-in-law got a 12cm tumor removed from his shoulder so I was with the kids while wife was with parents. I should get a strength session in tonight though.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    I was doing pretty good until Valentine's Day. My wife and I went out to dinner and a movie. I had a calzone for dinner and ate some chocolates and diet coke during the movie. The nice thing is everyday is a new day and I can begin again.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast