Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree11Likes
    Bowling was awesome last night.... 189 + 237 + 201 = 627

Plan to do several flights of stairs tonight. Don't know if it's due to weather or reduced caffeine and reduced sugar in my diet is causing it. Oh well... must keep moving forward!
    Update 6 for last night. Got to the gym, pulled up the fitness tracker on sparkpeople and realized that it was Tuesday, strength training. I upped the weights on all of my exercises to the point that I couldn't finish the last set of anything. By bedtime I was regretting it.

Since it is Wednesday shouldn't the week two thread be starting?
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    Did the 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats. Will do my walk later. I was thinking "Next week, I'll add this and that". But I stopped myself and said "Slow and steady. you haven't hurt yourself yet, and if you hurt yourself it's all over. Stick with the plan today." If I'm still doing this in a week, then I'll make adjustments.
    Congrats to Cyberpmg on your bowling.

Not to mention any names, but I haven't seen OP, (that obfuscates him!) in the thread for awhile. Hope he hasn't barricaded himself in a closet with 12 cases of cheesy-poofs.
    Last edited by woosh; 02/08/2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: hmmm
    You plug your phone in?
    Fitness Activity:
    Feb 1: 55 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 2: 40 min on elliptical (cardio) - Calories Burnt: 372
    Feb 3: 45 Min of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 4 & 5 : Rest day! (could not get out yesterday bcoz of super bowl and also taking care of my son)
    Feb 6: 1 hour of strength training (Upper body and abs)
    FEb 7: 40 Min on elliptical (usual cardio routine) - Calories Burnt: 365

M
    Just got off a 4 mile walk/run. So 4 more miles and I will make my 10 mile goal
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Been doing really well at keeping up with the strength training exercises I planned to do. Since it's been a week now I figured I am going to still focus on the strengh exercises, probably going to spend time each day on ne specific muscle group as long as I keep doing something lol! I am going to start hopefully adding some more cardio to my day. I walk the stairs all day at work but more coldnt hurt.
    solaimadhan likes this.
    Fitness Activity:
    Feb 1: 55 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.
    Feb 2: 40 min on elliptical (cardio) - Calories Burnt: 372
    Feb 3: 45 Min of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)
    Feb 4 & 5 : Rest day! (could not get out yesterday bcoz of super bowl and also taking care of my son)
    Feb 6: 1 hour of strength training (Upper body and abs)
    FEb 7: 40 Min on elliptical (usual cardio routine) - Calories Burnt: 365
    Feb 8: 1 hour of strength training (Lower body, back and abs)

Yesterday I was visiting my brother in the evening after work. Usually I would give excuse not to go to gym, but somehow made up my mind to hit the gym in his community. Because of new place and equipment, I have to modify my workout a bit. But still able to workout for an hour.

M
    I'm really happy to see some new responses since yesterday. I was beginning to think "Meh, no one's really into this, why bother?" And then I can go with that and think "I ruined the thread", and all other self-defeating crazzy thinking who's purpose is to get me to stop...And it's only been six days! So thanks to solaimadhan,ceveret3, and romeytang, for your posts.
    Did my sets this morning. Now going to do my walk, which has been averaging 40 minutes.Ten minutes more than when I started, and I'm swinging my arms.
    You plug your phone in?
    Haven't given up here. I'm feeling better because of eating better. I really need to step up and get an exercise program going (from having none). I now understand why bowling, while a sport, is not viewed as solid exercise. You're not maintaining a higher heart rate over an extended period of time. You only have small bursts of activity followed by a long period of rest. Sure, I got warm and a light sweat going, but nothing like you would get from a regular workout session.

Have another bowling league tonight, so I'll continue to eat better and get an exercise program started on Friday. It's hard to get going when you've not done anything for such a long time....
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Goal of reducing my food intake by portion control is working. Eating less, burning more.
    Had another good night of bowling... 187 + 211 + 212 = 610

Still continuing to avoid junk food and eating better meals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    My goal is the cardio training. I guess I started early 1/30/12 but I want to walk 10 miles every week.
    so by now you should be about 250 miles from home. Do they miss you?
    i put weight on just watching 'man versus food' in uk it all seems a bit extreme
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345