Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    My goal is to cut down on sugary drinks and a minimum of 30 mins of cardio daily.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Mine are two :
    1. At least 4 sessions in gym of the following each week :
    - 15 minutes Cardio on a cross trainer each day
    - 30 minutes of exercise on Kinesys to tone up chest, back and biceps, this also allow me to lunges. One foot forward and pushing the string forward with a weight of 7 kilos on each arm. Alternating the foots in a lunges. Then pulling the string with a lunge position on legs. A total of 3 sets.
    - cool down and stretch for 15 minutes.

2. Walk at least 10,000 steps each day.

Starts Australian Eastern standard time tomorrow Friday the 3rd Feb 2012 ....

bring it on.
    solaimadhan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Iíll tackle the cardio and strength training. My wife is coming back from her semester abroad on the 29th, so I actually have to do something, to get rid of my pizzas and chocolate puddings!
    This morning I did
    a) 20 minutes of cardio training on our exercise bike combined with some small dumb bell works
    b) and did the first set of Weiderís Six Pack Training:
    Weider 6 Pack Training | 300 Sit-Ups
    Weider 6-pack ABS training

YEEEHAH!
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    I like the look of the Weider 6 Pack Training so I'm in for this! Aiming to do all 42 days of it
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    My goal is to run 3x, swim 3x, and bike 3x. Yesterday, I ran 20 minutes and swam 2700 yards.
    I'm going to take the Strength and Cardio, I can't live at the moment without copious amounts of Mt. Dew in my life. Will be joining this party late, as I don't have the ability to get that in right at the moment, so it'll wait till tonight.

181.6 lbs today. 170 by March sounds reasonable. Also, someone is going to be cleaning the bathroom floor, it looks absolutely terrible to my camera.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpmg View Post
    I'll get in on this. I'll start with nutrition for Week 1 and add as time goes on.

I'm going to skip fast food and junk food. In the evenings and weekends, I tend to drink Coke like water... so I might as well switch to water itself.

I'm researching what type of exercise program to do (starting from nothing). Would love to loose this giant spare tire I've been carrying around for a while now. LOL
    I soooooo wanted some munchies last night, but I was able to hold off. Also no Coke. That was a struggle.

Do breakfast items from McD's count? Egg McMuffin is only 300 calories. I also have a large glass of orange juice (with Calcium) and coffee in the mornings.

Going to see about a chef salad for lunch.

Would subs from Subway also be considered fast food? I usually like a ham and turkey sub with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, cheese, and honey mustard.
    Absolutely love this. I am already working out for last 2 months and now this makes me keep that going without slipping. My focus is on cardio and strength training. I also watch what I eat and drink most often times! My body weight is 150 lbs. and definitely planning to maintain it or reduce another 3-4 pounds.

My original plan (thought in mid November):
    Do 45 min of strength training and 45 min of cardio 3 times a week, so totally 6 sessions a week. I do strength and cardio session alternatively so muscle can get good reset between sessions. Somehow I get to do 4 or 5 sessions a week. Getting out of home during the weekend is difficult for me because of 4 year old and sometime laziness in front of the TV.

Where to work out:
    Gym in my home community. It has couple of strength, cardio machines and dumbbells. I think I can vary my exercise routine using these for a while.

Time I hit it:
    This was a big concern for me because early morning I have to take my son to school so no enough time to get a good work out. And evening works out good for me. But wait, once I reach home in the evening after work, my son will not allow me to go alone. That was the excuse I gave before, but actually I was lazy to get out!!. So I directly hit the gym in the evening before I go to work.

Things I learned:
    As I was working for last 2 months, I learned few things that can help some out there. I could not find any good apps (they way I wanted it to work) yet in out app catalog, so basically I prepared a spread sheet which has all the exercises (about 10 focusing on difference muscles on upper body and 10 more on lower body including the ab exercise). I I printed it out one for each month and log the weights, reps and sets that I do for each exercise. This keeps me motivating as I keep filling out the spread sheet.

Fitness Activity this month:
    Feb 1st: 55 min of strength training focusing on the upper body and abs.

Definitely looking forward to keep updating my progress mainly to develop the discipline to update! and of course getting the body and mind fit.

Thanks for reading
    Maddy
    - Pedometer
    - ABCs 4 Kids
    Goal for this week. Get back into the "Insanity" groove.
    Just_Jay
    OK my first report:
    Last night went to the Gym
    • Did the c25k week one program on the treadmill running pace was only 4.7 alternating with a brisk walk of 3.3. I did put a 3% grade on the machine instead of leaving it at 0.
    • Starting weight this morning of 301 Not my highest ever but would like to lose 100, though obviously not in a single month.
    • Resting heart rate of 67 BPM - Which isn't bad, Mayo clinic says 60-100 is average for adults, other sources say 60-80. 40-50 if you are an "athlete".

Tonight I'll start trying to assemble a strength training regimen. Will probably go with the following, which is what I was doing about this time last year. 2 sets of 12-15 reps each:
    • Seated Chest Press Machine
    • Seated Leg Extension Machine
    • Seated Leg Curl Machine
    • Heel Raises on Leg Press Machine
    • Preacher Curl Machine
    • Seated Back Extension Machine
    • Seated Triceps Extension Machine
    • Seated Overhead Press Machine
    • Squats on Leg Press Machine
    • Stretch After Strength Training

Although after that article from Men's Journal I posted a link to earlier I'll probably start working in free weight versions of those instead of using the machines.

Best of luck to all of you in meeting your goals.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    My 4 week goal is this: I am trying to get closer to a balanced meal, following the food plate the us government is pushing now, ChooseMyPlate.gov although I like this one better because it has more detail and helpful hints.

So week 1, I am trying to get in more veggies, with more variety. It seems tough to remember to get them in there every day, and they should be the largest of the 4!
    First report:
    Veggies are tough if you dont think about it in advance. I had finished dinner with just the little bits of celery contained in my chicken soup with rice, and had to go back to the fridge and get a carrot. But then I saw the big-old can of vegetable juice, and topped off my meal with that. I figure it was better than nothing. Unfortunately it certainly was not the 30% of my plate I am shooting for.

Next week I will have to look at how to get fruits in, because there was nothing. And the week after, maybe kill the sugar, because I had a snack later of icecream that was yummy, but useless.

Oh, and here is how my TouchPad is going to be helping. I am tracking my meals with TapNote, stored in the cloud on DropBox so i can get to the document on my computer and phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    ... I am tracking my meals with TapNote, stored in the cloud on DropBox so i can get to the document on my computer and phone.
    Interesting! What is everyone else doing?

I have an account at sparkpeople and use their diet/fitness/health trackers. Their mobile site works well in the pre browser but doesn't include all of the features, but their non-mobile site also works reasonably well on the pre, it's just not as easy to use on the small screen. One weakness, the strength training tracker lets you log that you have done each of the exercises you planned to, but doesn't track the weight. I may end up doing a spreadsheet on google apps that I can record info in from my phone.

Anyone found/using any interesting apps?
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    Started P90X and eating right this week - I already feel broken, but it's worth it! It's a little bit of everything!
    I will start with Cardio training . Retake my stationary bike starting with 5 minutes pedaling everyday until I can make 30 minutes on the go everyday again. Play basket-ball every Sunday afternoon again.

Then I will be ready to play some tennis.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I will do dumbbell lifting as my strength training. Really need to look fitter for the upcoming summer!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    My goals are to cut out soda, diet or otherwise, and to walk my dogs 15 to 20 minutes most days if not all days of the week.
    I am planning on going back to the gym and giving up soda again -
    Simple Tip Calc http://bit.ly/cdcJIu Review http://bit.ly/a9edpu & World Cup Flags http://bit.ly/daOoeJ
    While I've been doing this for all of January so far, I'm hoping to continue with it.
    Each week I plan to push harder and do more reps, more weight, run farther.

- Over the course of the week, I am cutting 500 cals. daily from my diet.
    - I run on the treadmill M-W-F for 30 mins pressing myself to go faster/further within that 30 mins each day.
    - On T-Th, I strength train on a bowflex for 45 mins doing everything from crunches to working the upper and lower body.

I started using the Fitness Log app on my TouchPad. While the app has some quirks and doesn't do everything I'd like it to, it works for now until it gets better, I find a better app (suggestions welcome!) or create a fancy spreadsheet to track my progress.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I started today doing the strength training exercises the original post suggested. I have a question though, I hear that it isn't good to do strength training every day. Is there any reason I shouldn't? Would it be better to do different areas each day, rotating from arms to abs to legs and back again?
    2 sets of pushups, situps, squats completed.

20 minutes of stationary biking completed.

Slumped in chair exhausted, completed.

If someone had told High School me that 35 year old me wouldn't be able to do that stuff without being completely winded, I'd have punched them in their face.
    Last edited by eblade; 02/03/2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast