View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 84 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 6123
    Hello Aflac Family.
    Just got the word that Chick, husband & Muziek are fine. They spent the day And night at a local shelter. Their beach house has only minor scratches. They have been helping neighbors with cleanup. And they are very thankful to all of you.
    My heart is with those in Fl. How sad.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I wasn't concerned. Not even a little worried. Nope. Not me.

Okay, a little concerned about Muzie, but not Chicken!
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Do you know that if the "Word Association" thread continues it current rate of expansion that it will pass this thread in another 20 days.

Something to think about.
    I can see it now...............

scene opens on the inside of a hurricane shelter in the Carolinas. Wet, bedraggled people mill around the shelter. They are clearly tired, scared, hungry and demoralized. The rain lashes the outside of the building as the wind moans and cries with anger at being kept out. The lights flicker on and off. When suddenly......

Chicken and Muziek arrive!! Swinging massive bags full of KFC chicken buckets they toss them to the hungry people. They stop occasionally to pat young children on the heads and wipe tears from their eyes. It's then that the people notice that Chicken is wearing a string bikini. A low moan goes up from the crowd....from the women one of displeasure. From the men, well, they moan too.

Muziek jumps to the stage whips out her guitar and begins a rousing rendition of This Land is Our Land. A man jumps to the stage to play the drums, a women picks up a bass guitar and joins in. More join in. The stage is suddenly full with talented musicians that make the Dave Matthews band look like pikers. They seque from TLIOL to All Along the Watch Tower and some of the formally scared kids start handing out tabs of suspicioius looking paper.

The shelter is suddenly alive with music and light! The people are dancing and laughing and yelling, forcing the sounds of the storm back, back away from inside and out of the walls! Forcing the fear and hunger and tears away from the shelter!

But one little girl moves towards the window that looks out over the Bay because she hears a sound she can identify. She wipes the grime from the inside of the window and peers though the window out on to the bay. The water of the bay has been whipped into a frenzy by the wind and rain, and there, bearing down on the shelter is the stolen Tiawanese Freighter loaded with fake Ping golf clubs, that the Coast Guard had been searching for prior to the hurricane arriving.

At the helm is a crazed looking white duck. The duck continually jams the throttles of the freighter against the maximum stops and keeps yelling, "Hey Chicken, look what I got!!! AFFFFLLAAAACCCKKKK!!!" The girl can see a man-m00se sneaking up behind the duck with a Ping number One Wood driver held high above his antlers waiting for the right moment.................

Commercial break!@
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Hello Aflac Family.
    Just got the word that Chick, husband & Muziek are fine. They spent the day And night at a local shelter. Their beach house has only minor scratches. They have been helping neighbors with cleanup. And they are very thankful to all of you.
    Well, that is certainly a relief!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I'm so glad we don't get hurricanes here. The closest we've come was in 88 (i think it was, maybe 89) when remnants of one hit us, much worse than this year although for one night rather than a couple of week¨
    <-- Note the strange ending. As I now hear in the news, Great Britain was hit this afternoon by a very small but highly powerful hurricane that had materialized out of the blue in Stockport, England. Apparently, the hurricane disappeared as quickly as it had popped up, leaving behind a big black hat and a PalmOne smartphone called "Treo". The search for its owner is still in progress.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Hello Aflac Family.
    Just got the word that Chick, husband & Muziek are fine. They spent the day And night at a local shelter.
    This is great news. Not that I expected anything else from Muziek and Chick-Dance than braving the elements, knowing how clever and energetic they are.

Do you realize what we witness here: Muziek flying from New York to North Carolina, just to be with her friend in times of hardship and to keep her company in the local shelter, before returning to her challenging job...

One could think of different explanations (like not listening to the weather forecast, not being familiar with hurricanes, etc. - some may recall Muziek writing something like "it better not rain while I am there"...), but I will stick to the above version, a story of deep friendship!

Think of the whole story without the hurricane: just another lazy day at the beach... who would want THAT if you can escape a storm instead??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Do you know that if the "Word Association" thread continues it current rate of expansion that it will pass this thread in another 20 days.

Something to think about.
    Something to think about? I doubt it!

Think of "The Lord of the Rings" - a long, voluminous story, full of sound and fury... touching, thrilling, amusing, you name it. - Now think of a phone book: also long, also voluminous, maybe even more so than "Lord of the Rings"... but apart from that? Who would dare to compare the two?

Isn't the other thread just a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hours upon the stage of the off topic section, and then is heard no more?
    I can see it now...............

[I]scene opens on the inside of a hurricane shelter in the Carolinas. Wet, bedraggled people mill around the shelter... Commercial break!@
    LOL!
    My post got cut off
    Can't remember exactly what I was going to say, but it ended by informing you all (as if you care) that stockport beat blackpool 4-0 yesterday
    Animo et Fide
    And I hope Chick and Muziek get some decent weather! Still, I'm sure they can have fun buying waterproofs...
    Animo et Fide
    A Speech, as taught to me by my Mother many many years ago.

Hurrumphhh, cough, cough.....

...anybody ever heard this stupid thing before and know it's origin?
    Hey, next time you google it yourself! Try quotation marks, they usually work wonders.

"Ladies and gentlemen, hoboes and tramps,
    cross-eyed mosquitoes and bow-legged ants,
    "I come before you to stand behind you,
    to tell you something I know nothing about.
    "Next Thursday, which is Good Friday,
    there will be a Mother's Day meeting for fathers only.
    "Admission is free, so pay at the door.
    "Pull up a seat and sit on the floor....":

"One fine day in the middle of the night,
    two dead boys got up to fight.
    "Back to back they faced each other,
    drew their swords and shot each other.
    "One was blind and the other couldn't, see
    so they chose a dummy for a referee.
    "A blind man went to see fair play;
    a dumb man went to shout "hooray!"
    "A paralysed donkey passing by
    kicked the blind man in the eye,
    knocked him through a 9-inch wall,
    into a dry ditch and drowned them all.
    "Two deaf policemen heard the noise,
    came to arrest the two dead boys.
    "If you don't believe this story's true,
    ask the blind man -- he saw it too!"
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    My post got cut off
    Can't remember exactly what I was going to say, but it ended by informing you all (as if you care) that stockport beat blackpool 4-0 yesterday
    and the mighty dandies hold Hearts to a 0-0 draw at Tynehovel..2 games no goals 2 points
    What the hey is a "waterproof"?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    What the hey is a "waterproof"?
    Ducks are waterproof, so are rocks.
    clulup, cool thanks.
    Huhhhh? Then what's a henway?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Huhhhh? Then what's a henway?

That's the road Hen's use to go to work
    Then what's a Chinese urn?
    ACD, that was a hilarious post on the shelter
    clulup, I might be wrong but I don't think Charley was supposed to hit the Carolinas as of last Thursday when Muziek left. I remember reading back then that the computer predicted the storm to fizzle and become a tropical, and much weaker, storm. Perhaps that's what Muziek was thinking. Then again she's a lawyer and you know how stubborn lawyers can be.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain