View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 81 of 307 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    We're part of history. Nice
    Clu: Thanks for dedicating #2000 to Chick! (Although the way you have arrived to it is questionable)
    (And check your private message)
    I LOVE the countdowns before the spacecrafts take off. I used to watch them whenever I could - really cool, the efforts of so many people over so many generations bundled into one really powerfull event - and even usefull, mostly. Is think post #2000 was worth a countdown, too.

I did check my PM, nothing new? Is that because I read it already?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Have people been deleting posts? That's shocking. <shocked look
    Animo et Fide
    For the record I have NOT deleted ONE or more posts today!!!!

I am just along for the ride.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    For the record I have NOT deleted ONE or more posts today!!!!

I am just along for the ride.
    This thread seems to be leaky, there are posts falling out of the count all the time... sloppiness or sabotage?

Anyway, as you can imagine, the past 30 minutes have been a very tense and emotional time for me, and now that the stess loosens a bit, I feel really exhausted... I'm off to bed - be nice, and don't delete everything
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Now I deleted one because I wanted to get out of the 2000 spot to prevent further baseless accusations!
    My money is on Muziek having trouble to NC. My flights out of there were delayed/cancelled for FAA and weather reasons today. Chick may be dancing alone tonight...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Chick may be dancing alone tonight...
    Now that seems rather unlikely!
    ...and I'm trying to be no where near the 2000 post war!
    gharrod, quite to the contrary. Muziek's flight from La-Guardia to Raleigh/Durham was on schedule. She rented a car and drove to Emerald Isle. Just got a phone about an hour ago. The storm is scheduled to hit their area Saturday.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    What are you m00se? Muzie and Chicken's big brother? Next the Chicken and Muzie are gonna be calling you on Thanksgiving day to wish you a nice day...lol

Glad to hear she made it okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    Now that seems rather unlikely!
    Ain't That the Truth!
    m00se, I am glad to hear she is safe and sound. Not that it is any of my business I was just venting on my trip out of NC (that same area) and the issues have nothing to do with the immediate weather but that the airlines can not get their crews and equipment where they need it. Several hundreds of flights have been cancelled today. That is why I am staring at the Newark airport through the window of the Hilton tonight.
    gharrod, your "venting" is very understanding. I feel your pain and I wish you a safe trip to your destination! At least you are stuck with a Treo Good luck friend.
    ACD, your intuition is great. Although I'm not Chick's 'big brother,' I am her brother in-law (I am married to her lovely sister). And boy you were so close on the Thanksgiving comment: we'll be @ her brother in Detroit on that day (After 2000 posts I feel 'safe' revealing that tiny-bit of info.)
    Clu: I heard on public radio here that the EU is buying Israeli-made products as long as they're ladled: "Not made in the occupied Territories." Most Palestinians are not happy with the EU's decision. Care to comment?
    -Mark Twain
    I am just bad luck Mr Moose. I move to CT and the Governor there resigns. I am stranded in NJ and their Governor resigns. My travels next week take me to Missouri and Arkansas...any bets on which one of those states Governors I am endangering. SOme friends are e-mailing me and asking me to go to DC for a week and see if I can get some people there to resign...laughing...
    The Resigning-Politicians-Traveling-Man. Could you stop in MN before heading to DC?
    -Mark Twain
    This thread is like a mystery novel in which the characters 'reveal' their secrets slowly and the reader gains knowledge chapter by chapter. So m00ser and Chicken-Doodle are related... And why is it, detective clulup, that you didn't figure this one out? (Or worst yet: if you did know - why didn't you tell?)
    So, then, who else is related here? Perhaps ACD and Muziek are cousins? Or clulup and PeterBrown are brothers? I am a dejected kitten.... I need my mommy to purrrrrrr... Where are you Chick?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Lol, don't worry about me on that score, I've never even seen another Treo in the wild much less related to someone who owns one. Treos are very much in the minority of smartphones over here.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    ACD, your intuition is great. Although I'm not Chick's 'big brother,' I am her brother in-law (I am married to her lovely sister).
    Hey, not fair! Now I feel a bit less special because I am not the only one any more who knew this
    Clu: I heard on public radio here that the EU is buying Israeli-made products as long as they're labled: "Not made in the occupied Territories." Most Palestinians are not happy with the EU's decision. Care to comment?
    First I have to make clear that as a Swiss non-member of the EU, I cannot be made responsible for any actions the EU takes.

In addition - I don't really know. I am aware of the fact that for many Palestinians the only way of making some money is working for their suppressors, so they depend on Israel also exporting products from the occupied territories also to the EU. As far as I know, the EU only insists that "Made in Israel" does not include the West Bank.

Without the EU money (they pay quite a lot), the Palestinans would be starving even more... BTW, Sharon has claimed that the EU money was used to finance terrorism, but in an investigation of the EU, Israel has so far failed to provide evidence for this (though it may be possible, of course, and if so, this would have to change in the future, needless to say).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    This thread is like a mystery novel in which the characters 'reveal' their secrets slowly and the reader gains knowledge chapter by chapter. So m00ser and Chicken-Doodle are related... And why is it, detective clulup, that you didn't figure this one out? (Or worst yet: if you did know - why didn't you tell?)
    So, then, who else is related here? Perhaps ACD and Muziek are cousins? Or clulup and PeterBrown are brothers?
    Of course I knew - But there are soooo many things I know, and soooo many things I have seen, without revealing any of it.... My lips are sealed, my vaults are locked - I guess I would be dead if it was otherwise

And: No, I am not related to anybody in this thread, and I honestly don't expect this to change in the near or in the distant future.
    Did I ever mention that it is quite easy to find out who deletes posts in this thread (at least if you have an idea to start with)? You go to "Search-Advanced Search" and type the username under "Search by username". Then, in the box "find threads with at least ... replies" you type 2000 (or so - meaning this thread only), and select "show results as posts".

Then you check how many posts "username" had, and check again later (take into consideration new posts, if any).

I can tell you, this works (and I am not talking about the single post deletions that were obvious)! Not that I really care, it was more a proof-of-concept - and not that I would reveal anything anyway, you know me.