View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 77 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    Gosh, I am so embarrassed by what I've said. Sorry Chick. And I can't delete my post since I am using my Treo... Golly.
    Did I miss something??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    And who deleted the other 5 posts before #1900 and made a mess of the count? Seems to be the usual suspect... moderators, is this deleting legal? And, more importantly, shouldn't a man stand by what he has written???

Come out of your lair, cowardly dragon, confess! And promise never to do it again!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    I go to sleep and all the excitement happens without me.
    Perhaps we can get a naked newsreader to tell us what happened.
    I suspect this news thing will only be available via cable or satellite anyway, and I haven't bothered getting that yet so I won't be watching it.
    Animo et Fide
    So the Summer Olympics will start tomorrow. Is it wise to start such an event on a Friday, the 13th?

There are many open questions of course: Did the Greeks chose this date in order to create bad luck for potential terrorists? Do Fridays on a 13th also cause bad luck for those who don't believe in it? Did the Greeks chose this day because their "bad luck day" is Tuesday, not Friday, so that their athletes have an advantage?

As far as Switzerland is concerned, our expectations are not too high - remember, we are a people smaller than the population of e.g. Georgia. We hope for medals in the typical Swiss sports judo, beach volleyball, fencing and, last but not least tennis, were we have the No. 1 superstar of course.

We would also have a very good chance for a medal in Windsurfing (Karin Jaggi), though that will only be part of the Olympics next time...
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    So the Summer Olympics will start tomorrow. Is it wise to start such an event on a Friday, the 13th?

There are many open questions of course: Did the Greeks chose this date in order to create bad luck for potential terrorists? Do Fridays on a 13th also cause bad luck for those who don't believe in it? Did the Greeks chose this day because their "bad luck day" is Tuesday, not Friday, so that their athletes have an advantage?
    I think that the Friday 13th thing is a particularly Christian superstition (to do with Good Friday and there being 13 people at the Last Supper including Judas, at least in the version of the origin of the superstition I believe) and therefore there wouldn't be much reason for Islamic terrorists to be particularly worried about it.
    There are some funny variants of the Friday superstition, I know that fishermen here won't set out on a Friday. I think this sort of thing used to be more common. Does anyone 'normal' still really believe all that crap though?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I think that the Friday 13th thing is a particularly Christian superstition... I think this sort of thing used to be more common. Does anyone 'normal' still really believe all that crap though?
    Do you consider astrologers, homeopaths, and the like "normal"? It is not that they have better evidence for their beliefs than the Friday 13thists .

As mentioned, in Greece Tuesday 13th brings bad luck, because the Byzantine Empire fell to the Ottomans on a Tuesday. So Friday it is not even a Christian, but only a Western-Christian superstition. Personally, I like Fridays, for obvious resons. TGIF - tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    And who deleted the other 5 posts before #1900 and made a mess of the count? Seems to be the usual suspect... moderators, is this deleting legal? And, more importantly, shouldn't a man stand by what he has written???

Come out of your lair, cowardly dragon, confess! And promise never to do it again!!

Twas not me! I have only deleted one post since 1800 and that was one that cried for deletion. And, for once, I am Sincere.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    As you were up last night, ACD, what was it that Muziek wrote? Spill the beans!
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Twas not me! I have only deleted one post since 1800 and that was one that cried for deletion. And, for once, I am Sincere.
    Twas not you?

It is really strange, somebody deleted eight posts before post #1000 (MY #1000 is post #992 now ). There were were six posts deleted yesterday before post #1890: #1890 is now #1984, #1900 is now #1894.

I really wonder who has got this much to hide, and what? Was it the missing one who deleted stuff?

Was it the resident guitar player - she mentioned deleting posts, and one could feel she was slightly nervous in her last post... OTOH, I cannot imagine she needs to delete six posts, given how rarely we enjoy her company?

The mystery of the AFLAC thread remains unsolved...
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    As you were up last night, ACD, what was it that Muziek wrote? Spill the beans!
    It wouldn't be fair to publish it, if Muziek wanted to delete it! - Send me a PM about it, ACDriver .
    I don't have it! I don't save any of the stuff on this board....in fact it occurs to me that I didn't know you could save stuff on here?

For the record though. As one who (fairly) has been accused and found guilty of deleting posts I must say that it is the postee's right. (postee's? isn't that a cereal?)

So if Muzie wants to delete, I say delete with a smile and far be it for me to cast any aspersions or post something someone deleted.
    As the anti-lawyer in the thread and only a passing contributor I gladly offer to defend Muziek about her thread posts. My suspicion is that a certain judge in Eagle County Colorado mistakenly posted personal information about her and then had to delete it. I suspect we will have a statement from Pam Mackey soon on the subject of the deleted posts...stay tuned...

Glen
    Ran the 5-mile, drank the coffee and was in the office by 8:30. Are you proud of me?
    To the mysterious-knight who deleted my post: thanks. I have asked for it to be deleted because I have joked-naughtily about Chick. It wasn't kind of me. (Only 1 post though.)
    Regarding #13, in the U.S. many buildings do not have a 13th floor; elevators don't display them either.
    GO USA!
    I was on a plane Tuesday that had no row 13. Now if airlines are superstitious why the heck would they fly on Friday the 13th?
    Thank ACD and Glen for your post-deletion-support.
    Leaving to the beaches of NC this afternoon, yea! I will certainly tell Chick that Y'all miss her
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I was on a plane Tuesday that had no row 13. Now if airlines are superstitious why the heck would they fly on Friday the 13th?
    Because it costs money not to fly on a 13th, while not having a row 13 doesn't cost much? I wonder if the number of passengers is lower on Friday, 13th?
    Was it recently that you flew and there was no row 13? I thought most of the airlines had gone back to having a numbered row 13. The only reason they took it out was, of course, because some of the passengers didn't like to sit in that row.

Personally I don't think it would matter what row number you are in. Although I did hear a passenger ask a pilot one time, "What's the safest part of the aircraft to sit in?" The pilot replied dryly, "Have you ever heard of an airplane backing into a mountain?"
    Muziek, if you feel the need to log on to the proper site through your treo use www.webxcope.com that way it won't take an hour to load and you get proper editing ability.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I don't have it! I don't save any of the stuff on this board....in fact it occurs to me that I didn't know you could save stuff on here?
    Strange - I was almost certain up to now that I once saw an old avatar of mine where usualy a dragon reads a "newspaper"...
    Muziek, I am in NC right now and running to get out of here before the storms hit. I suggest you confirm your flights in well in advance bucause I think if you are not in or out of here by later today you may find yourself in limbo for the weekend. Or maybe you are driving? naaah, a high powered legal babe such as yourself would not be anything but first class in wevery way. I myself just want to get home to CT for the weekend. Been on the road for 9 days now and this nomadic existance is ok for a while.

Pray for our friends in Sarasota FL that Charlie is a glancing blow when coming ashore otherwise that humble community will be in shambles.

And also yes ACD it was recent (what part of Tuesday don't we understand...laughing)...and it was a Continental flight out of Newark. I personally make sure no one on the plane has 13 letters in their name nor the number 13 in their address or social security numbers and that the pilot does not have 13 yeears of experience flying and that the flight attendents do not have an IQ of 13 before boarding. No wonder I get a lot of strange looks in airports??? Honestly I am kidding, hope the rediculousness of that statement stood on its own lack of merits to those with a lesser sense of humor about superstitions. The 13 row on the plane thing was the only part that was true. I may be obsesive but not in that way...

Glen