View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 76 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    #1900 - I seem to be lucky at this!
    Hurmmmp! .... Mr. Tulip, please give the honors to the lady of the thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    ...I'd get myself in trouble But in terms of sexiness, they are both VERY attractive. ....(snip)...: I am happily married
    I think someone else has their attention somewhere else. Mrs. mOOse, better keep Mr. mOOse under tight rein.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Hurmmmp! .... Mr. Tulip, please give the honors to the lady of the thread!
    T minus 97 posts, and counting...

Ronbo, I AM a gentleman, but there can be too much of a good thing. Sometimes you have to show independence and determination, otherwise the women will think you are a sissy and they will lose interest in you...

I'll write something nice in my post #2000, though
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Sometimes you have to show independence and determination
    The ideal way to do this while letting them think they're in charge is to nod your head and say 'Yes Dear' at regular intervals. Just make sure they haven't stopped talking, otherwise they'll suss you out. Make eye contact at least once a day as well. Make sure you have your own space by building a shed, preferably outside, so that you can read p.., er, drink whi.., I mean meditate! Yes that's it. Meditate. And make sure there's a padlock on the INSIDE of the door.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    The ideal way to do this while letting them think they're in charge is to nod your head and say 'Yes Dear' at regular intervals. Just make sure they haven't stopped talking, otherwise they'll suss you out. Make eye contact at least once a day as well. Make sure you have your own space by building a shed, preferably outside, so that you can read p.., er, drink whi.., I mean meditate! Yes that's it. Meditate. And make sure there's a padlock on the INSIDE of the door.
    Hmmm... can we refer to this as "the British way", as opposed to other ways?

Speaking about Great Britain: I hear you have really bad weather since quite a while, and more rain to come? Do you know who's fault this is? It's former hurricane Alex, first introduced to this thread in post #1715. And guess who chased Alex away from the coast of North Carolina and towards Great Britain?? It's a small world, isn't it?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    clulup, to answer your previous question about roller-skating (Inline Skating to be correct), I use Tour G-40 Fusion Inline Roller Skates. There are many good brands, and this one is perhaps an 'upper-scale' model. I am a lawyer -- I can afford it
    As far as my running, I really don't time myself. I have participated in one race once and I believe I ran the 5 miles in 27 minutes. But don't quote me on that.
    Just spoke with Chick on the phone and today is the first cloudy day since they have arrived, so she's going shopping It better NOT rain when I get there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    As far as my running, I really don't time myself. I have participated in one race once and I believe I ran the 5 miles in 27 minutes. But don't quote me on that.
    27 minutes??? That's very fast I would say... maybe you check when you run next time before I start feeling bad about my current speed - please ?
    clulup, to answer your previous question about roller-skating (Inline Skating to be correct), I use Tour G-40 Fusion Inline Roller Skates. There are many good brands, and this one is perhaps an 'upper-scale' model. I am a lawyer -- I can afford it
    If you ever come to Zurich (you should, you're a lawyer, you can afford it ) in Summer, you should join the great inline-skating event which takes place each Monday, there are several routes through Zurich, with policemen on skates holding up the traffic for the hundreds of participants. A great way of sight-seeing . I would show you round of course if that's ok for Chick-Dance and m00se . As we all know, I am happily married, BTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You said I should not quote you on your time, so I wont, but I would say with 27 minutes for 5 miles (almost exactely 8 kilometers), you would be part of quite a small elite... are you? World record seems to be in the range of 24:28. http://www.running.net/news/crazyeightsrecap.html
    I am a trial attorney with a law firm in Manhattan. And as far as my 5M time, I really don't remember how fast, or slow, I ran the race. I am pretty good but not very good
    clulup, thanks for the invitation, it looks lovely. But how would you explain to your wife that you are going to show Zurich to a thirty-two year-old, single woman-lawyer from NY? Being happily married isn't a term a lawyer would accept.
    (I think Chick owes me BIG time. I spent way too much time here, but I promised her I'd post daily...Oh well, I do enjoy the company...)
    clulup, thanks for the invitation, it looks lovely. But how would you explain to your wife that you are going to show Zurich to a thirty-two year-old, single woman-lawyer from NY? Being happily married isn't a term a lawyer would accept.
    My wife knows me, she wouldn't have a problem with it . And it's not that she isn't pretty herself. And it's not that we would have to drive hand-in-hand permanently because you don't feel safe on inline-skates?
    I've still not been up that wheel, last time I was in London I went up Primrose Hill though, which is pretty good and higher than the Eye, if a bit further out.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Why go to Zurich when you can see the sights of London - I wouldn't have to explain it to anyone!

For inline skates see http://www.inlineonline.co.uk/places.htm for some suggestions.
    Nice try, jpahl : I looked at the site you mentioned, and what did I find?

"The first British police officers to go on skate patrol set off on their rounds, only to be arrested in their progress by the great British weather! The "Blade Runner" team of WPC Janice Jarvis & PC Ken Hynd were forced to strip off their regulation issue inline skates, helmets & protective padding after a few minutes as skating in the wet can be dangerous."

- Need I say more? Sorry, but is it our fault if the US hurricanes, once they are done flattening the cardboard houses they have there, travel to the UK and not to Middle Europe?
    JP, there's a misconception in the U.S. about trial lawyers. The label has come to mean a bad connotation. One would think
    that the trial lawyers usually referred to in that context are those who either sue deep-pocketed corporations in personal injury cases, or initiate malpractice suits and/or beat the bushes for class action suits. But there are trial lawyers as myself that are also specialized in certain areas and represent individuals (albeit not often). I am not a partner yet so my salary is based on a case-by-case, if you will. But I am hoping for partnership soon. Lately, since John Edwards entered the political race as a VP nominee, trial lawyers have become more scrutinized in the U.S. Blah......... law bores me
    clulup, I have you noticed that "My wife knows me," and "My wife is pretty," and "I am happily married," do not stand in the court of law. One must provide evidence of such claims that can be measured in realism not philosophy. Then again, Chick did say that you are handsome and smart and I like BOTH qualities in a man. So far JP has proven that he IS smart...
    Got to run!
    clulup, I have you noticed that "My wife knows me," and "My wife is pretty," and "I am happily married," do not stand in the court of law. One must provide evidence of such claims that can be measured in realism not philosophy.
    As far as my statements are concerned, I am willing to provide a sworn testimony deposition of my wife's view on me showing you around in Zurich...

Regarding "prettyness", this is a subjective thing of course, but I can readily supply you with photographic evidence. Needless to say reciprocity regarding other claims mentioned e.g. by m00se would have to be guaranteed throughout the process - ha!

Why don't you just come over and find out yourself?
    Then again, Chick did say that you are handsome and smart and I like BOTH qualities in a man.
    You do? Now this comes as a total surprise - I always thought lawyers prefer stupid, ugly men!
    Got to run!
    This running thing seems to have developed into a compulsive act... would you like to talk about it?
    And here I thought the Brits were staid and behind the times....PB excepted of course.

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- It aims to be, literally, the naked truth.

Starting nightly on August 16, Get Lucky TV will broadcast via satellite to European audiences the daily news read by a series of nubile young women who will gradually -- but tastefully -- remove their clothes on camera.

"We are quite sensitive to certain issues, one of course being death," anchor Samantha Page told Reuters Television Wednesday. "We try to be as respectful as we can, and what we tend to do is we leave our clothes on."

Just in case people get the wrong idea, Page pointed out that she has a degree in psychology and zoology and a black belt in karate.

Fellow Naked News anchor Lily Kwan exhibited a similar candor.

"I got into Naked News very accidentally. I was actually studying to become a dental hygienist. I was attending school when I soon realized that I needed something a bit more creative to cultivate my creativity," she said.

She said she had no qualms about stripping in front of a television audience.

"I do enjoy wearing clothes. But it is quite liberating to take your clothes off as well -- especially in public," Kwan added.

The phenomenon of nude news reading first started in Russia and spread to Canada where Naked News started in 1999. The Toronto-based firm is now hoping to emulate its North American success this side of the Atlantic.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    ACD, being a family-man and a well-respected dragon, I am sure you are not going to be watching trash-news (oopsie, I mean naked-news) if offered in the U.S., right?...
    My big fuzzy heart goes to the visually-impaired (blind) with Naked TV lurking all around us
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    ACD, being a family-man and a well-respected dragon, I am sure you are not going to be watching trash-news (oopsie, I mean naked-news) if offered in the U.S., right?...
    I am deeply offended by this kind of TV!! It's Unbelievable!! What next??!!

And when will it be on in the U.S.?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Gosh, I am so embarrassed by what I've said. Sorry Chick. And I can't delete my post since I am using my Treo... Golly.