View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 74 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 6123
    Good point, clulup. It's one reason for my decision to go to NC and enjoy the ocean. Work has taken over my life...boo. I do love my job and the hustling-bustling of NYC, but occasional treat is important. As Chick mentioned, I seem to be married to my job. (Then again, perhaps the right dragon will come along and rescue this lawyer-princess from her captivity)
    You need to be careful with dragons Muziek, they can explode (if you poke them hard enough with a pointy stick). Gets very messy.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    Good point, clulup. It's one reason for my decision to go to NC and enjoy the ocean. Work has taken over my life...boo. I do love my job and the hustling-bustling of NYC, but occasional treat is important. As Chick mentioned, I seem to be married to my job. (Then again, perhaps the right dragon will come along and rescue this lawyer-princess from her captivity)
    So am I cleared of the suspicion of trying to incite unfriendliness and conniving? I would not hesitate to file a countercharge to protect my impeccable reputation... it's not that I don't have any lawyers in the family!

Occasional treat? Doesn't sound really promising as a lifestyle, does it? (Not that working a lot is a bad thing per se if you like your work, as seems to be the case)
    BTW, the quote is from Stephen Covey in "First things First". I don't really like his style of writing, but he has some good points (Some good points in quite a long book).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    You need to be careful with dragons Muziek, they can explode (if you poke them hard enough with a pointy stick). Gets very messy.
    NOT TRUE!!!

There are NO documented cases of dragons exploding when poked with a pointy stick! This is a vicious rumor started to further undermine the reputation of Dragons.

You Sir, are a Cad and a Metalurugist! I just hope your mother doens't know what you do for a living.

Editorial aside>>>I am reminded of the the posters that say, "Don't tell my Mother I am a (insert occupation), she thinks I am a piano player in a house of ill-repute." <<modified for G rated audience.

I do know of cases where a Dragon exploded when someone stole his bottle of 12 year old whiskey....but that's a different kind of explosion.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    NOT TRUE!!!

There are NO documented cases of dragons exploding when poked with a pointy stick! This is a vicious rumor started to further undermine the reputation of Dragons.
    Well said, specially since it was a princess-saving rescue dragon. Those are never charged with explosives, but equipped with alluring pheromones to counteract the still not overly attractive appearance. Those who have seen Shrek 1 and/or 2 are familiar with that type, at least the female of the species. The male if fairly similar, but with shorter eyelashes.

BTW, just came back from swimming in the lake... ahhhh, it was simply perfect.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    BTW, just came back from swimming in the lake... ahhhh, it was simply perfect.
    Lake Constance? I went on a large boat on that lake many years ago.. It was a "dinner boat". We had great food and wine and music. The weather was perfect, the stars beautiful, the shore line looked magical, and then I puked over the side from food poisioning...LOL KIDDING...it was just starting to sound too corny. LOL
    I don't sail but growing up our family had taken cruise-ships to the Caribbean and Central America. I suppose that's a far cry from sailing, ha?
    Food and sailing go hand-in-hand well, I am guessing. And seafood sounds lovely indeed.
    Oh, ACD: nothing you say is corny
    (I believe I'm fulfilling my quota-obligation to Chick -- at least 1 post a day...)
    Muziek, when is Chick-Dance due back?
    ACDriver, have you been flying over New York lately? I have heard rumors that you flying people can have strange effects on women, but this clearly goes beyond. This must be the result of those chemical attractants you dragons spray, as mentioned above. I bet your puking story was just a test to see whether they work on Muziek...

Was her marriage proposal not proof enough for you, did you really have to go further with those repelling details of your food poisoning??
    Gah! OMG, those long hours at work are clearly affecting your rational thought processes Muziek. Or do you fall for every male with a long scaly tail and flared nostrils?
    Animo et Fide
    Ooops, did you read this: Woof works for the AFLAC Duck!

Will Chick-Dance start dating Woof now? Will he turn her into a conservative?? TBC...
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    1. Director of consultancy at radio comms company
    2. Writer (day dream)
    3. Manager of the Victoria's Secret Store in London (fantasy)
    1. What's that??

3. If Victoria's store is secret, how come you know it??
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    3. If Victoria's store is secret, how come you know it??
    Victoria likes sharing her Secrets around, she's one of those women.
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    1. we're a small company that does s/w products and consultancy in field of radio communications - ie interference analysis, coordination, spectrum sharing, radio regulations etc

3. she's a friend of Peter's, so I know her by reputation!
    1. Thanks, I thought it had to do with the content of radio programs, not technical stuff.

3. Still better than that swimsuit store Murrayalex knows, I guess...
    ronbo, Chick will be back in NY a week from Thursday.
    clulup, whatever spell ACD has put over me it works wonders
    Now how many of you exercise b4 work? I managed to jog 5 miles, met a friend for coffee and was in the office by eight...
    Regarding Woof and Chick: not to worry, she is too thick-headed and politically independent to become conservative in her thinking over-night. It will take a village and several decades to change her mind. Thank goodness!
    Speaking of village, I love this bumper-sticker: "A Village in Texas is Missing it's *****."
    It should be "Its *****" oh well.
    Met my quota-posting for the day....
    Now how many of you exercise b4 work? I managed to jog 5 miles, met a friend for coffee and was in the office by eight...
    Scary... would your rescue-dragon have to do the same?

Speaking of village, I love this bumper-sticker: "A Village in Texas is Missing its *****."
    What? Are you one of those funny liberals as well??
    I've been thinking about getting out running again, I used to do about a six-eight mile run three times a week. I used to have a six pack. I haven't been running for... a while... and now I have a keg.
    Animo et Fide
    Hmm, I have my sports bag here in my office, creating a bad conscience whenever I see it... I will go tonight, I promise. Family is out of town, so one excuse less - I will go, I promise. How long for 5 miles, Muziek? Is that with or without roller-skates?
    Now That's Corny!