View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 72 of 307 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 6123
    Wouldn't it?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Testing one two three.
    Wow, ACDriver, are you by yourself here? Hellooooo??? >>> hello <<<< (echo back).
    I never realised that the Swiss authorities were so relaxed about drugs and stuff. This in a country where until fairly recently it was illegal to kiss in public unless you were married! I know the law got reformed a lot, was it because no-one took any notice?

And on a different cultural thing, I heard on the news yesterday that the two biggest publishing houses in Germany are abandoning the spelling reform program. Did that ever make it into Switzerland Clulup?
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I never realised that the Swiss authorities were so relaxed about drugs and stuff. This in a country where until fairly recently it was illegal to kiss in public unless you were married! I know the law got reformed a lot, was it because no-one took any notice?
    Switzerland is a very liberal country, the land of the free - liberal means "free", right? Not that I am fond of drugs, though, and you do go to prison long for dealing drugs (including e.g. extasy). Also Cannabis is illeagal, but not really prosecuted a lot. There has been a discussion for long in the parliament about legalising it, but it probably will not happen because new results show it is more harmful than one thought before.

Regarding the kissing in public stuff: never heard of that before... are you sure you don't mean Saudi-Arabia?
    And on a different cultural thing, I heard on the news yesterday that the two biggest publishing houses in Germany are abandoning the spelling reform program. Did that ever make it into Switzerland Clulup?
    Of course. The Swiss-German Swiss had a far more relaxed view of the reforms than some Germans, though - it really wasn't that big a change. Lots of Germans found it was the most revolutionising thing since Martin Luther, and started acting like the inquisition. I have to look up why those publishing houses want to go back, haven't heard much about it yet.

It wouldn't include things like not making a difference between "your" and "you're", "then" or "than", or writing "cant" and "dont" instead of can't and don't

You DO seem to care a lot about spelling (I do, too ). Apart from being a metallurgist and a trombonist, are you also a spellist?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I have spent many years going to and from Europe, especially Germany.
    Have you heard about the collision of two aircrafts above Überlingen (Germany), about two years ago, partly or mostly due to the error of a Swiss air traffic controller? That was an extremely tragic story. Later, the air traffic controller who commited the error was stabbed to death in front of his family by a man who had lost his family in the crash. Very sad story.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Yes I am familiar with that tragedy. Very sad for everyone as those things are apt to be. But that one was worse then most as there were a large number of children on board one of the aircraft. One of the aircraft was Russian I believe which added some fuel to the fire. And then the public trial then murder of the ATC guy in front of his house. Very sad.

On an upbeat note a recent study came out declaring that aviation has a perfect safety record. It proved conclusivly that we have never left an aircraft up there! We have always brought them back down!
    AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (Reuters) -- Unsolicited toe-licking would be banned in the Netherlands under a law sought by the Dutch Labor party after police were unable to prosecute a would-be Casanova with a taste for female toes because he had committed no crime.

A police spokesman said Friday a man had been detained after women sunning themselves in Rotterdam's parks and beaches claimed he had snuck up on them and begun to lick their toes.

"The officers had to let him go. Licking a stranger's toes is rather unusual but there is really nothing criminal about it," the spokesman said.

Dutch press reports said the man, who is about 35, had been licking the toes of strangers for about three years but was only recently caught by police.

Peter van Heemst, a Labor member of parliament, asked Christian Democrat Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner Friday to explain why Dutch laws forbid littering but not uninvited toe-licking. Van Heemst demanded an amendment prohibiting it.

"It is a violation of one's privacy and one's physical integrity," he told a local news agency. "The norm... is that no one should touch your body if you haven't asked them first."

A spokesman for Donner said the minister could not immediately comment.
    Hello guys and Claire. Greetings from Chick. She's having a wonderful time and getting a good tan (Danish tan well, ACD, if they are careful). Work for me has been horrendous and I have to put a full day today as well. Be good
    I suppose it should be the Danes tan well...
    Hi Muziek!
    I'm sad now cause Stockport have lost the first match of the season

I think I should point out that I haven't been anywhere near Rotterdam in the last few years.
    Animo et Fide
    AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (Reuters) -- Unsolicited toe-licking would be banned in the Netherlands under a law sought by the Dutch Labor party after police were unable to prosecute a would-be Casanova with a taste for female toes because he had committed no crime.
    Will the new law only include unsolicited toe-licking, or also unsolicited licking of other parts? I am just curious, I don't really feel affected by this law - really!
    "The norm... is that no one should touch your body if you haven't asked them first."
    I hope the new law will not call for written invitations - it would make life a whole lot less romantic in Denmark (or where did you say the Dutch live?).
    Never been to the parade but I have seen the pictures. Wooo! What a party!
    I have only been at the Street Parade once in 2000. I find House and Techno music worse than rap, but the ambiance is quite impressive.

Actually, I still have a picture of that event. I am the one standing immediately to the left of the metal pole on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I have only been at the Street Parade once in 2000. I find House and Techno music worse than rap, but the ambiance is quite impressive.

Actually, I still have a picture of that event. I am the one standing immediately to the left of the metal pole on the right.
    I can't believe you would wear that hat in public!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    Hello guys and Claire. Greetings from Chick. She's having a wonderful time and getting a good tan (Danish tan well, ACD, if they are careful). Work for me has been horrendous and I have to put a full day today as well. Be good
    I am sorry work is horrendous...that's sucks...sorry!

I don't think Danish tan at all!! If you take a Danish and put it out in the sun do you know what you get!! A Sticky Mess!!

First all that fake frosting white stuff melts down all over the sidewalk and then the cake part gets all hard and nasty. Then a dog will come along and scarf it down. But he will eat it too fast and puke it back up...and then that will bake in the sun and then a gizillion ants will come and take it down into their ant hill and it's all dark down there and it won't ever tan.

So your right...Danish don't tan.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I hope the new law will not call for written invitations - it would make life a whole lot less romantic in Denmark (or where did you say the Dutch live?).
    But think of the money generated by the Greeting Card industry printing and preparing the invitations....and oooooo what those cards would say! lol
    Be honest now: how many of you miss Chick?
    Anyhow, I should report the results of the golf tourney but I'd be bragging
    Muziek: don't work too hard kido. Life is too short and lawyers' even shorter. Take Sunday off.
    I think it stinks that in NC it is sunny and 85f and here in MN it is 65f. Not fair.
    ACD, very-very funny comment about Danish-tanning (I do have to agree with Muziek, however, that Chick tans very well. I should have taken a few pictures from our golf tourney to prove it, but oh well...)
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Hey m00sie. I am going to work only half-day Sunday, and roller-skate in Central Park the other half Thanks for reminding me that lawyers' life-span is short(er)...lol And by the way, thanks for the wonderful hospitality in Minnesota. You and Z are sooooooo nice!
    ACD: You made me laugh with that Danish thingie. You made my day Every office should have a person with a healthy humor to keep people sane. Just remember: Please fly below power-lines
    Quote Originally Posted by m00se
    Be honest now: how many of you miss Chick?
    I think it stinks that in NC it is sunny and 85f and here in MN it is 65f. Not fair.
    NOT ME! That's for sure

It was a beauty day in Rochester, MN today! I was there for all of 45 mins at around 2pm....beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muziek
    ACD: You made me laugh with that Danish thingie. You made my day Every office should have a person with a healthy humor to keep people sane. Just remember: Please fly below power-lines
    Now you and m00se made my day

Uh, about the power line thing. I like to fly over them given a choice. other wise I might catch my tail in the powerline....I have never done this but from all I read and hear...it goes in the BAD column.