View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 62 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Help! She is too spunky for me right now. ACD, where are you, don't leave us alone with this woman. I am only glad Chicken is not around...
    Your doing fine without me.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    my god woman, you don't half spew forth some top notch entries from "the big book of sexist cliches".......quite frankly it's nice to see a woman with wit...it would be even nicer to see one on this thread
    You still got it Murrayalex!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I finally found out what ACDriver is up to (a leading guitarist in Muziek's band!). Check this sensational picture taken by the detective I hired..!
    LOL LOL
    Well, it's nice to see the madness, foolishness, double entendres, inuendo, xenophobia, and sheer stupidy continue unabated!!

Had a bit of bad luck and had to disconnect for a bit. But for those who were worried....fear not! I am like a cold sore, gone for a while but sure to return in time for a first date!

I would like to state for the record that, IMHO, the postings are degenerating into a mindless series of Instant Message like postings.

What happened to the wit! To the thoughtful insightful posts!! To the sex...oh, wait, wrong forum....To the carefully thought out story lines!

It's clear to me that you people are spending too much time online and not enough time outside, drinking excessively and misbehaving. It's summer!! (except for the downunder dude) Go out and run around your house naked with a hockey mask on and frighten your neighbors!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    the window frames as well maybe. in fact quite a lot is made from steel, just not the skin and the main body supports.
    Some lighter reading...lol

Characteristics of Acoustic Emission Waveforms Generated by Fatigue Crack Extension from Corrosion Sites in Aluminum Alloys
    K. Nam, Pukyong National University, Pusan, Korea
    R.P. Wei, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
    A.K. Mal, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
    Well, ACD, the issue of fatigue is more complex than I have portrayed it. Alunminium typically enters a stage where there is a limit to the fatigue which means it does not fail. If you change the characteristics of the structure you can change the fatigue limit. This happens when the metal corrodes or if there is an impact which causes a notch. If the design doesn't have enough of a safety factor to account for the fatigue limit then aluminium could fail.
    Just to reassure people a little more, aeroplanes are built with a very high saftey factor - this means that all the components are much stronger than they need to be for normal use, accounting for thing like fatigue. Elements of a plane which do not have a fatigue limit - like the landing gear - have a strictly controlled life span. Fortunately the aluminium used in planes is not likely to corrode as it is heavily anodised, although it will undergo frequent inspection anyway.
    If you have a batch of parts which go into making, say, a landing gear assembly then all the parts are tested to make sure they are strong enough, and that they don't have any cracking. Test pieces from the same material batch which have had precisely the same treatment are tested to destruction to make sure they have the right properties. And finally one of the components is taken from the batch at random and put in a test rig where it is subjected to repeated cycling equivalent to the loads put on it in service. That component stays in the test rig for a long time - we're talking years. It will be considerably 'older' in terms of how many landing cycles it has been through than any parts which are in service, so if one fails you will have months if not years to trace all parts which are in service and replace them.
    Reassured now?
    Goddamn ACD, you made me get serious!
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I really wouldn't worry about it chick, they're designed not to fall apart very often.
    That's what I heard, too. Seems to happen only once during the life cycle of an aircraft, almost exclusively at the end of it, as it appears. So really nothing to worry about.

Jokes aside: Have a good flight, Chicken, regards to the guy who is sharpenig his antlers (whatever that means), and to the guitar lady. Don't forget all about us, still 406 posts to go... to my #2000!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    I'm sure you'll be fine. Just make sure you don't hit any rocks...
    Animo et Fide
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Funny enough, thats exactly what happened within 10 minutes of my first yachting lesson - the instructor ran us aground! He then said it was an ideal opportunity for us to learn about "kedging off"
    I'm sure it was a valuable lesson for you!
    I went sailing in a dinghy once, but I'm happier in a kayak. Must get back into that one of these days.
    Animo et Fide
    I think the 1600 post will be mine....
    Animo et Fide
    In fact I'm sure!
    Animo et Fide
    Lets steer away from those ship and airplane catastrophes: One of the greatest (British) scientist is dead: Francis Crick dies at 88

I liked a lot the typical British understatement in their Nature paper: "We wish to suggest a structure for the salt of deoxyribose nucleic acid (DNA). This structure has novel features which are of considerable biological interest."
    and
    "It has not escaped our notice that the specific pairing we have postulated immediately suggests a possible copying mechanism for the genetic material."

I wouldn't even have an avatar without him!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Two weeks? That sounds long... no treocentral, no mytreo.net, two weeks offline? In that case you need some more books to keep your mind away from posting:

I recommend "Unauthorized Freud", edited by Frederik Crews.

Crews has a brilliant style (even though in this book he only writes the introductions to chapters writen by others), and the content is really fascinating. It partly explains why Freud's strange and unfounded ideas became popular, but mostly it makes you wonder how Freud's "cure" can still be around, after what is historically known by now about him and the validity of his claims.
    hmmm. stop trying to impress the ladies with all this intellectual stuff Clulup because we know different...in fact I have just received by mistake a PM addressed to you from your local newsagent - he wants to know if you are renewing your annual subscription to " Swiss Spankers Monthly"
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    hmmm. stop trying to impress the ladies with all this intellectual stuff Clulup because we know different...in fact I have just received by mistake a PM addressed to you from your local newsagent - he wants to know if you are renewing your annual subscription to " Swiss Spankers Monthly"
    Murrayalex, would you please be quiet. Just reply to that PM and say yes for me, ok? Besides, it works great, so why not learn from it? I can PM you the site from where you can copy such stuff. For a small monthly fee you can browse through different web identities, download fake avatars, etc.

But wait a minute: Spanker?
    1: The fore-and-aft sail on the mast nearest the stern of a square-rigged ship
    2 : the sail on the sternmost mast in a schooner of four or more masts.

Sounds more like jpahl, doesn't it?
    Lets steer away from those ship and airplane catastrophes: One of the greatest (British) scientist is dead: Francis Crick dies at 88

I liked a lot the typical British understatement in their Nature paper: "We wish to suggest a structure for the salt of deoxyribose nucleic acid (DNA). This structure has novel features which are of considerable biological interest."
    and
    "It has not escaped our notice that the specific pairing we have postulated immediately suggests a possible copying mechanism for the genetic material."

I wouldn't even have an avatar without him!
    Yeah, I heard an interview with him, apparently when they discovered the structure although people knew genes existed they didn't know that DNA was the carrying molecule for them.

Murray, do you think clulup is in fact Swiss Tony?

Clulup is Swiss Tony! Revealed, his innermost thoughts!
    Animo et Fide
    For a small monthly fee you can browse through different web identities, download fake avatars, etc.
    Actually, that site is really cool. They have characters like

- Grumpy Murray
    - Puff, the Magic Pilot
    - Tempting Teacher
    - Boulder Beauty
    - Guitar Gaby
    - Sailor Man
    - Genetic George

Even some exotic stuff you wouldn't normally hear of, like "Mike the Metallurgist".
    He spied on me!! Is that legal? Moderators!!!

- Grumpy Murray
    - Puff, the Magic Pilot
    - Tempting Teacher
    - Boulder Beauty
    - Guitar Gaby
    - Sailor Man
    - Genetic George

Even some exotic stuff you wouldn't normally hear of, like "Mike the Metallurgist".
    I have to change this to "Mike the Mean Metallurgist"
    Murray, do you think clulup is in fact Swiss Tony?

- ha ! well spotted...he's certainly a bit of a laydeeeees man..
    As for you Mr Tulip - less of the grumpy please..it's smooth sippin' fun luvin' Mr Aberdeen if you don't mind...ooohhhhh baby...let's ROCKKKKKKKKK

- Grumpy Murray
    - Puff, the Magic Pilot
    - Tempting Teacher
    - Boulder Beauty
    - Guitar Gaby
    - Sailor Man
    - Genetic George

I think you've completely lost it now! Have you been at the herbal cigarettes?
    Animo et Fide