View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

33 20.00%
Page 57 of 307 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 6123
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I will leave to meet my sweetheart for the movies any minute now,
    We went to see "Something's gotta give" with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. It has been running for ages now, I don't know why we missed it so far. It is EXCELLENT, one of the best and funniest movies I have seen for quite a while! If you haven't seen it yet, get the DVD, whatever, see it!

Something's Gotta Give

Note to m00se and the other Kibbutzniks around: Did you notice the scene when aunt Zoe points a knife at Nicholson alias Harry Sandborn and says "Don't move, I was in the Israeli army!" (something like that, the whole scene was so funny I couln't really listen).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    There's those who are butlers, and there's those who are served by butlers. Either way we're all much posher than you Yanks, and we all live in castles with 15 feet thick walls.
    But you forgot to mention that your castles dont have heat or air conditioning

And as far as your helmet goes....rubbing, polishing, it all sounds the same to me.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Ok, now I am totally lost... what are you talking about??? (You know, non-native English speaker etc.)

It's some kinda manipulation of one's helmet....either rubbing or "polishing". Just like the lamp, but you only get one wish I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    ClaireBabyFace: Two weeks at the beach, are you jealous?
    Two weeks? That sounds long... no treocentral, no mytreo.net, two weeks offline? In that case you need some more books to keep your mind away from posting:

I recommend "Unauthorized Freud", edited by Frederik Crews.

Crews has a brilliant style (even though in this book he only writes the introductions to chapters writen by others), and the content is really fascinating. It partly explains why Freud's strange and unfounded ideas became popular, but mostly it makes you wonder how Freud's "cure" can still be around, after what is historically known by now about him and the validity of his claims.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    But you forgot to mention that your castles dont have heat or air conditioning

And as far as your helmet goes....rubbing, polishing, it all sounds the same to me.
    If you have fifteen feet thick walls you don't need heat or air conditioning.
    More eco-friendly, but then you yanks don't go for eco-friendly do you?
    Seriously, here's a recent build in the UK that doesn't have any heat or air-con, have a look and see what you reckon...
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/phil_reddy/
    edit: I seem to remember that this house also doesn't have any lighting, or mains plumbing, or anything! It's amazing
    Animo et Fide
    Seriously, here's a recent build in the UK that doesn't have any heat or air-con, have a look and see what you reckon...
    Colorado has a lot of those solar, hillside thingies. They also have houses made from dirt...I think its called rammed earth. We have over 300 days of sunshine here so passive solar is important.
    Colorado has a lot of those solar, hillside thingies. They also have houses made from dirt...I think its called rammed earth. We have over 300 days of sunshine here so passive solar is important.
    We have 300 days of sunshine every decade as well
    Animo et Fide
    We have 300 days of sunshine every decade as well

When you talk...do you sound like the Roaming Gnome??
    When you talk...do you sound like the Roaming Gnome??
    Who?
    edit: just been for a quick google. Although I haven't heard the voice used I seriously doubt I sound anything like it. I suspect the accent used is the one Americans like to put on when imitating the British... and we put on when imitating the Queen. The truth is that the UK has an enormous variety of accents, far more than the USA, this is due to the fact that modern English has grown out of one particular dialect and while only that one dialect travelled across the pond they all survived here until quite recently. The way your regional dialect was spoken affected the way you spoke the 'Queen's English'. There are some words still spoken in (remote parts of) Yorkshire that are straight from ancient Norse.
    As for my accent, it's a mild northern accent. Not as 'Manc' as Oasis, say, (remember them?) but in the same ballpark. My vowels are hard not soft like those of southerners, and there's no way I'd ever refer to bubbles going up my 'whoopsiedaisy'. I mean, what?
    Animo et Fide
    You forget that PeterBrown is a metallurgist. HE certainly knows the differnce!
    It's some kinda manipulation of one's helmet....either rubbing or "polishing". Just like the lamp, but you only get one wish I think.
    You seem to know a lot when it comes to helmets and lamps. But as I said, I am totally lost... you turn on the lamp, or what? Is it because of my former catholic upbringing that I don't understand?
    You seem to know a lot when it comes to helmets and lamps. But as I said, I am totally lost... you turn on the lamp, or what? Is it because of my former catholic upbringing that I don't understand?
    Ignore her Tulip, she has a dirty mind. You on the other hand are full of innocence and joy and must not be corrupted by this primitive person from Bedrock.
    Animo et Fide
    I thought Chickster gave you 3 wishes for rubbing the lamp...kinda like Aladdian??
    Who?
    edit: just been for a quick google. Although I haven't heard the voice used I seriously doubt I sound anything like it. I suspect the accent used is the one Americans like to put on when imitating the British... and we put on when imitating the Queen. The truth is that the UK has an enormous variety of accents, far more than the USA, this is due to the fact that modern English has grown out of one particular dialect and while only that one dialect travelled across the pond they all survived here until quite recently. The way your regional dialect was spoken affected the way you spoke the 'Queen's English'. There are some words still spoken in (remote parts of) Yorkshire that are straight from ancient Norse.
    As for my accent, it's a mild northern accent. Not as 'Manc' as Oasis, say, (remember them?) but in the same ballpark. My vowels are hard not soft like those of southerners, and there's no way I'd ever refer to bubbles going up my 'whoopsiedaisy'. I mean, what?

If I have a dirty mind...you have a dirty mouth!!! Who can possibly understand any of this.
    but you only get one wish I think.
    Besides, what may be true for Colorado is not necessarily the standard in other places.
    Ignore her Tulip, she has a dirty mind. You on the other hand are full of innocence and joy and must not be corrupted by this primitive person from Bedrock.

Be careful Claudio...I just think he wants you for himself.
    Besides, what may be true for Colorado is not necessarily the standard in other places.
    Since the Founding Fathers of America were all Englishers...If we have something here, it musta come from there.
    ****...the reason I thought you must sound like the Roaming Gnome is cause he says "Don't forget your hat".
    ****...the reason I thought you must sound like the Roaming Gnome is cause he says "Don't forget your hat".
    There's female 'logic' for you.
    Animo et Fide
    Well, I am not sure about her mind, but as she said, they have houses made from dirt... We used to have that too in some places, I think up to about the late 12th century .

And now to something else: Claire's post was #1450, so she broke the Treocentral "Inane Ramblings" (so far) record length. Congrats, Clairegrrl!

Oh, and I wanted to mention how I admire with how much charm, grace and heartliness you approach PeterBrown and other English on this forum. However, sad to learn the English brought these one-wish-only lamps to the US. Doesn't sound like much fun.