View Poll Results: If Chick contacts the AFLAC-Duck: What he's going to say?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin'

    61 36.97%
  • Let me sleep on it first, Chicky

    13 7.88%
  • You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram!

    58 35.15%
  • Ha?..

    33 20.00%
Page 51 of 307 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 6123
  1. #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    1554? What a blatant copy of Kronenbourg 1664! (Which is the starting date of the brewery btw) I didn't think you liked French things that much
    1554 was the oldest reference they could find to black beers.

    French food, wine, women and lots of vacation are fine by me. Never looked there for beer.
  2. #1002  
    If you serve bitter chilled you should be shot. It's best at room temperature, like red wine. If it doesn't taste nice at room temp then it's not decent beer.
    Animo et Fide
  3. #1003  
    Bitter is not the end-all, be-all of beer. There is lots of good beer that I wouldn't touch at room temp. I wouldn't drink water at room temp. And red wine isn't best served at room temp either, it should be slightly cooler. Not cold, but slightly cool, as if it was just brought up from a cool wine cellar. Opening a bottle of red wine that has been sitting on a counter and serving it is not the best way to go.

    That being said, there are certain beers that aren't meant to ever be consumed, no matter what the temperature. Coors comes to mind.
  4. #1004  
    I really don't drink that much but I like beer...it hasta be cold. I like Blue Paddle and Sawtooth. Both are made around here.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5. #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I really don't drink that much but I like beer...it hasta be cold. I like Blue Paddle and Sawtooth. Both are made around here.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check them out when I'm out there. I don't think I've tried either of those.
  6. tangfj's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #1006  
    If you're ever around St. Louis, check out the Schlafly brewery.
  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    My goodness I started an avalanche and I don't even like beer that much. Like Tulip, I prefer wine
    Back to reading: Tulip, thanks for the offer but I can afford a $10 novel And regarding the novel 'High Fidelity' here's an excerpt from a review that's printed on the book's cover: " a very funny and concise explanation of why men are as they are. If you are male, you should read it and then make your partner read it, so they will no longer hate you but pity you instead." And you still think I should read it?
    I'd definately give Nick Hornby a miss too...he's one of these blokes who constantly feels the need to apologise just for being male. Ooooh ladies, please like me, I'm a wimp trapped in a nasty, brutish, smelly man's body...to be said in a whimpering voice for maximum Hornby effect
  8. #1008  
    I like either a double espresso or a nice cafetiere brew of whatever I have in
    Animo et Fide
  9. #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I like either a double espresso or a nice cafetiere brew of whatever I have in
    Brown you wimp, can't see you suppin' a namby pamby espresso....more like a large Maxwell House with Coffemate !!
  10. #1010  
    Maxwell House? Good God Murray, what do you take me for? Coffeemate? I'm sweet enough
    You could be right though, once during a particularly savage hangover I had two double espressos in about ten minutes. My head was literally buzzing for about an hour! I'm sure a manly man like a yourself would simply have killed it by drinking a litre of Irnbru and eating two Mars Bars.
    Animo et Fide
  11. #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Maxwell House? Good God Murray, what do you take me for? Coffeemate? I'm sweet enough
    You could be right though, once during a particularly savage hangover I had two double espressos in about ten minutes. My head was literally buzzing for about an hour! I'm sure a manly man like a yourself would simply have killed it by drinking a litre of Irnbru and eating two Mars Bars.
    - nah...irnbru and the remnants of last nights kebab..
  12. #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    My goodness I started an avalanche and I don't even like beer that much. Like Tulip, I prefer wine
    Back to reading: Tulip, thanks for the offer but I can afford a $10 novel And regarding the novel 'High Fidelity' here's an excerpt from a review that's printed on the book's cover: " a very funny and concise explanation of why men are as they are. If you are male, you should read it and then make your partner read it, so they will no longer hate you but pity you instead." And you still think I should read it?
    Given the choice between pitty and hate, I am not sure what to chose. I think I would stick to hate in that case, sounds more energetic... maybe you should ask your husband what he prefers, dear Click-Chance.

    Oh and by the way, I meant the audiobook of course. Much more comfortable listening to your iPod on the beach than reading a book. Easier to get an even tan, and no sand between the pages. Not my fault if you don't read mail .

    And to all the other past, present and future Life of Pi readers:
    In the book, an Indian boy tells the story of a black panther that escaped from the Zurich zoo in the 1930. In short: the panther disappears, everybody is scared, but no trace of him for over a month. Then, somebody finds the animal in a barn and shoots it. And now the surprising part: exactely the same story was told to me by my grandfather more than 30 years ago. It is one of my earliest childhood memories - only that I always thought the story was invented. And now, an Indian boy made up by a Canadian writer tells me the same story in an audiobook played on my iPod? Quite a coincidence, isn't it? I did some research, and indeed, it turns out the story is true, the incident is mentioned in the annals of the Zurich zoo. The panther had escaped in 1933 when my grandfather was 19.
  13. #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    I like either a double espresso
    ****...no wonder you're soo jerky
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #1014  
    That's a nice story Tulip but it would have been better if your Grandad had met the Jaguar, rather than just been in the same city. Cool that it turned up in a book though.

    And here's a word of advice for you all, drink Fairtrade coffee. At least you're not screwing the farmers then.
    Animo et Fide
  15. #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    That's a nice story Tulip but it would have been better if your Grandad had met the Jaguar, rather than just been in the same city. Cool that it turned up in a book though.
    PotterDrown, time to got to bed on this side of the Atlantic! Even though I take Friday off (beaueautiful weather, again) I need my sleep.
  16. #1016  
    Yeah well, I'm off all week! Inventing new cocktails as well. I'll have to try some coffee ones...
    Animo et Fide
  17. #1017  
    From beer to coffee to cocktails. PB sure loves to drink. Cheers, let me drink to that one.

    This topic is going out of topic again. Time to bring it back.

    Wow, "Let's meet in my limo at 4PM darlin' " pulling up by two counts over "You? You low-class farmer chick... Scram! " leaving "Ha?.. " and "Let me sleep on it first, Chicky " behind.
  18. #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    1554? What a blatant copy of Kronenbourg 1664! (Which is the starting date of the brewery btw) I didn't think you liked French things that much
    Amazing how much we think alike! I was going to say the same thing!

    And I agree that some beers should be at room temp. too.
    However lagers and wheatbeer should be served chilled..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  19. #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    OK, from beer to coffee: What's your favorite coffee drink? Mine, as stated only 12,000 times in this thread: Cappuccino on the dry side, no sugar
    Depends on the time of day..
    In the morning I like a large takeaway Caramel latte to kick start the day.
    later in the day I perfer a capucino.
    And after dinner I like a machiato (or two)
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  20. #1020  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Did somebody ping me?

    What PB doesnt say is that the stabalisers use very high tech gyro's too keep it up instead of those seppo (i.e. american) simple wheels..

    As for aussie english:
    last saturday arfo I was firing up the barbie (no, no praws, snags with barbie sause on white rolls, the real ocker way!) I ran out of gas so I took the ute to the servo to get the tank filled up again...
    But unfortunately a drongo banana bender was working there as the usual bloke took a sickie.
    This guy was a stupid Galah and he hooked up the tank wrong, and when I told him he said 'she'll be apples' but when I insisted he spit the dummy..
    needless to say I shot through without my gas bottle being filled and I couldnt finish the snags..
    So with no food, but with a nice slab of XXXX, I hit the tups.
    Soon I was a full as a goog and rode the porcelain scooter and did a technicolour yawn.

    Then I went to my swag and woke up feeling crook and had to chuck a sicky my self, all because of that cane toad.

    Toolkit, can you translate please?

Posting Permissions